Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
[McD] James

Some good news for Star Wars fans

Surprisingly, there's going to be a lot less Star Wars movies coming out within the foreseeable future. This is precisely what I wanted to happen, but wasn't at all expecting. I've been massively burnt out on the franchise since The Last Jedi, and haven't even yet bothered to watch Solo.

https://www.destructoid.com/star-wars-is-going-to-slow-the-hell-down-for-a-little-bit-523677.phtml

Thank goodness, They were releasing too many of them within a span of a few years and it was becoming a bit stale.

My only hope is that we're still gonna get Episode IX next year.

So first the good news was that we were getting more Star Wars movies and now the good news is that we are getting less. Hmm...

11 hours ago, Memfis said:

So first the good news was that we were getting more Star Wars movies and now the good news is that we are getting less. Hmm...

Less of the bad kind, i hope. I liked TFA, however it could have been less of a ANH remake. TLJ however... i wonder how J J Abrams will retcon whatever this Rian  Johnson guy ran into the ground with his own interpretation of star wars.

Episode 7 started out on such a good note and then Episode 8 really fudged it all up.

Part of it was completely out of their hands like Carrie Fisher's passing yet

she was the only one of the original main three to survive in the movies and her character had some huge developments in 8

Part of it was them having no plan for the overall story. Say what you want about Episode 8, the bigger issue is JJ Abrams had a plan for Episode 7 but nothing for 8 other than to let someone else write it. And with the way Episode 8 ended, there's not a whole lot of story left, it felt like the conclusion of a trilogy. Episode 9 is about to be a soft reboot while still being a sequel in a trilogy.

I also rather liked the Solo movie. Upset we won't see any sequels to it like we were supposedly going to.

These movies were never good. They're still the best of the sci-fi action genre, but still bad, held up by pretty visuals. Rogue-One gets infinitely better in the second half with the pretty laser battles. Episode 8 felt like a lot of stalling. Episode 2 was a crime drama. Episode 1 was talking... lots of talking. I still remember when Episode 5 came out and people were angry that it was fluff and filler to hype a final movie. Then they went full on kids movie in Return of the Jedi. Episode 7 came out at the Christmas season which helped infinitely. Disney has always been great about putting out movies during the Christmas season. Episode 8 had cringe comedy that felt out of place. If people don't like that first 15 minutes, their brains are less receptive to liking the movie as a whole.

If I remember George Lucas wanted Han and Laya to have twins oh and then shrink to meet up with some tiny beings to do something. Neither sound better than what we got.

Now that Star Trek has a hit 1 season TV show on CBS All-Access, they want to do 4 more shows. 1 season isn't a good indication that yet people want SO MUCH MORE! Once they have that many shows at the same time, it will splinter the audience. Heck, even Star Trek movies are making cut backs. Despite the movies always making profit, they aren't expecting the fourth one to make as much profit. So instead of making less movies as there aren't that many... they're cutting out 2 of the main stars integral to the fourth reboot movie's plot.

Well they decided I mean Disney to cancelled the rest of Star Wars spin-offs Lucas Film planned three Han Solo movies.Anyway which Star Wars 6 Return of the Jedi sequel.Is old George Lucas(he retired now) vision better than new Kathleen Kennedy vision?For Disney expanded universe of original trilogy events after episode vi are now known as Legends reboot of original trilogy and prequel trilogy is now Cannon.I guess Episode 9-12 will be just remakes of Return of The Jedi,Phantom Manace,Attack of The Clones and Revenge of the Sith.

This is probably a good thing, although I hope it doesn't slow down production of Episode 9. 

4 hours ago, Jim Greezy said:

the newer films are as disney as hocus pocus, its more and more aimed at kids.

A children's series is aimed at kids? You don't say.

Damn your right, I really want to see Donald Duck star in a gritty noir film where he has to investigate the gruesome murder of Goofy. But DISNEY has REFUSED to do ANY SUCH THING and instead have him SCREW AROUND IN MICKY'S PLAYHOUSE. WTF DISNEY

INCOMING RANT YALL

ve had a constant theory since the force awakens made me wonder if the series as a whole was ever any good;

george lucas had an idea for one movie. the original. if you watch it, it tells the story, then wraps itself up neatly.

that was it. but the companies hounded him to make some sequels and he agreed. BUT as time went on, he got burnt out making merch, posters, designs, art works, and whatever else comes with teh success and planning of more movies, that when he actually got to filming, he was just so tired he ....well he kinda gave up. it shows in the prequels in my opinion.

*yes i understand the they had their share of impressive technology but that doesn't not excuse a poor plot of story**things like the Midochorlians explaining away the force is SUCH BS dude** finally, by the time THIS set of movies came out, he was like "f it, someone else can do it in my name."

and to a degree, that is true. because in an interview he stated that if he had been doing it the last three movies would have been about the wills. (source: https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/george-lucas-star-wars-episode-7-8-9-microorganisms-disney-whills-midchlorians-a8398606.html)

oh and he said that star wars was anakins story. that was it. which is 1; nonsense bc the original clearly framed Luke as the main character and 2: i think proves my point. he had NO plans for future movies. at all. he was coerced by money.

oh, look. a youtube video saying the same thing.

Good. I was so excited to see episode 7 when it came out, I couldn't wait to buy a ticket, now, I'm utterly un-enthused about the prospect of seeing episode 9. There honestly hasn't been a great Star Wars film since the Empire Strikes Back, which, considering the scope of the universe and thinking about all the stories they could tell is pretty shocking.