Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SoDOOManiac

Fix for heavy weapons dude using shotgun sound to be compatible with smooth weapon/monster WADs for Crispy Doom

Question

Dear fellow Doomers,

My favorite source port is Crispy Doom, I play WADs with standard enemies/weapons with some enhancer mods, using smooth weapons mod and smooth enemy animations. The final thing I would like to have fixed is the fact heavy weapon dude emits shotgun sound. The fix for that, along with a behavior tweak that makes the enemy chaingun sound both proper and smooth, exists for vanilla, unmodified chaingunner. Could someone help me and make a version of that fix that would be compatible with smooth weapons and monsters for Crispy Doom? These mods use extended dehacked states from MBF supported by Crispy Doom.

The chaingunner fix for vanilla Doom is attached FYI.

cpos-bullet.zip

3 answers to this question

All you have to do is open the smooth enemy animations dehacked in an editor like WhackEd4, open the states menu, select "chaingun sergeant" from the dropdown filter list, then find the states where they use their cposattack actions and swap them out on the left for just regular posattack actions. On top of that, change the duration of the second cposattack state from 4 to 3, since that's what the dehacked you linked does, likely to make up for some of the lost firepower.

17 hours ago, bonnie said:

All you have to do is open the smooth enemy animations dehacked in an editor like WhackEd4, open the states menu, select "chaingun sergeant" from the dropdown filter list, then find the states where they use their cposattack actions and swap them out on the left for just regular posattack actions. On top of that, change the duration of the second cposattack state from 4 to 3, since that's what the dehacked you linked does, likely to make up for some of the lost firepower.

Thank you ;) In fact after posting this I had the idea to ask VGA who created the smooth dehacked mod to release a version of smooth monster pack with this tweak, in order not to fork his work, let's see what he replies.