Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Andy Olivera

The DooMed Speed Demos Archive returns!

If you use my autoloading patterns, then all older demos will have the right loading of iwad/pwad to avoid desyncs. Newer demos will also work correctly if they use the Prb+ extended format. Even those that don't will probably work since I believe most people nowadays don't record Final Doom demos with -complevel 2.

1 hour ago, doomaddict82 said:

what source port do i need to use to play pluvdemo.zip a demo pack for plutonia

in case of anders johnsen's demo it says nothing about a source port, so the demo should play back fine in PrBoom+, because evidently it was recorded using DOSBOX. That's my guess at least. If that doesn't work then feel free to ask again.

EDIT: Ugh... didn't even see there was another page that already had answers... nevermind then...

@rdwpa @grazza @Nine Inch Heels thanks for ur quick reply's. the first method worked iwad doom2.wad with pwad plutonia.wad or the iwad plutonia complevel 2, the demo plays correct now, cheers! =)

Edited by doomaddict82

Can I request that you add my ev23 solo-net demo to the DSDA, because that is the true max for the level as it's not possible to finish the last 10 monsters.

Meaning it should still qualify as a max.

The update on September 2nd my demo for Doom 2 the way Id did map 27 was added to map 25 records. It was my fault as I forgot to change in the level # in the text file to 27. Once again I apologize for any inconvenience. 

40 demos this week.

Bob9001: I don't think that should count as a max. Yes, those monsters aren't accessible, which would make it valid for a normal max, but you're playing co-op, and the monsters are inaccessible because you're missing a player. So, it's neither comparable to a regular run or a co-op run. I can still add it if you'd like, but it will be under 'Other'.

NeilK: Fixed. Thanks!

Peo Sjoblom's MAP03 demo for your WAD is 13:09, not 13:10.

Also, I think it was me years ago who asked for moving Eternal MAP31 UV Speeds to MAP31s. However, I wasn't aware that there was no normal exit on this map. I checked now Plutonia MAP31 and Eternal MAP15 (two others I know about with no normal exits) and their UV Speeds / Pacifists are in the MAP31/MAP15 slot. So, to be consistent, let's either revert my old request or move everything to MAP31s/MAP15s...

64 demos this week.

V1per: Fixed. Thanks!

vdgg: Does the d2200-03 demo show 13:09 on vanilla? I'm just wondering because the demo shows two tics after PRBoom+ exits (according to -levelstat). Also, levels with one exit definitely shouldn't have an 's' table, so...fixed. Thanks!

Player177: Added. Thanks!

Yeah, I had checked it just in case because of 13:09.97 and it's 13:09 (DosBox and Doom2 1.9). I read "the demo shows two tics after PRBoom+ exits" several times and I don't understand...

I'm back with... not a vengeance!

Mr. Olivera, is it possible that any démos I potentially make in the future can go under my old Poncho account?

57 demos this week.

vdgg: What I was trying to say was the LMP file has two movement tics after 9.97 when converted to text with LMPC. That's why I was curious about what time vanilla showed.

Poncho: Of course. DSDA entries aren't linked to DooMWorld accounts.

Also, this week marks the tenth anniversary of DSDA 2.0! Launched with over 8,000 demos, it now contains over 47,000! Not an insignificant amount of activity for a decades old game, and new demos are still coming in. Everyone deserves a round of applause for keeping one of the earliest speedrunning communities alive.

Thanks also to doomdaniel95 for reminding me.

Oh crap... I finally realize that I've been naming UV Max/Reality with the letter "r" instead of letter "y"... I am really sorry about that.

For doom2 map01 max I have a 39 second compet-n demo, as well as a 41.28 demo which I probably uploaded to PublicDANG. The other one listed as c-n is probably a reupload of Adam's demo as he used a different route(I think his demo was 41.68). So you should probably delete it.