Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
A Nobody

So I tried Out A Doom 4 Mod...

I played Death Foretold: Crucible Enhanced (a version of D4T), which is Doom 4 in classic Doom, and I found it very sweet. Seems to replicate the game mechanics very well. The Reaper is one of my favorite weapons in it. Fatalities or Glory Kills as it's called are more fun than Brutal Doom's finishers in my opinion. If a Doom Eternal mod gets made, I'll definitely play that as well. What do you think of the mod and Doom 4 itself?

Edited by The-Heretic-Assassin : Sounded like I played the original game.

5 minutes ago, The-Heretic-Assassin said:

"I finally tried out Doom 4"

I played Death Foretold: Crucible Enhanced (a version of D4T), which is Doom 4 in classic Doom...

I'm not sure that is how that works, that's like saying you've played Blood but you actually just played ZBlood.

They're noticeably different.

30 minutes ago, The-Heretic-Assassin said:

I played Death Foretold: Crucible Enhanced (a version of D4T), which is Doom 4 in classic Doom

Most of your posts sound like bad attempts at trolling.

1 hour ago, tempdecal.wad said:

Most of your posts sound like bad attempts at trolling.

I wasn't trolling, and I don't troll. I know it sounds weird, but it still seems like Doom 4. What's important is that I got to try out the weapons and take down the enemies from Doom 4. It's even said that the classic levels are in Doom 4.

Edited the title and first post up. Hopefully that solves the issue. Sorry about it.

Edited by The-Heretic-Assassin

D4T is fun, but it's by no means a replacement to the original experience, the AI is different, the balancing is different, the levels are different, and the overall "feel" is different.

2 minutes ago, tempdecal.wad said:

D4T is fun, but it's by no means a replacement to the original experience, the AI is different, the balancing is different, the levels are different, and the overall "feel" is different.

Does a great job at recreating Doom 4.

1 hour ago, mrthejoshmon said:

I'm not sure that is how that works, that's like saying you've played Blood but you actually just played ZBlood.

They're noticeably different.

No one seems to know much of ZBloody Hell.

5 minutes ago, The-Heretic-Assassin said:

Does a great job at recreating Doom 4.

imitating the game mechanics yes, recreating.... nope, doom 2016 is still a very different game

Just now, DMPhobos said:

imitating the game mechanics yes, recreating.... nope, doom 2016 is still a very different game

Yeah, should have said imitating the mechanics instead.

4 hours ago, EtherBot said:

Geez Louise guys the man liked a mod, i dont see why we're getting into the semantics of it.

Well the topic was different, as it was about me playing Doom 4 itself when really I just played a mod. I fixed it, so it's not a problem anymore.

Thumbs up for mentioning D4T: Crucible Enhanced.

D4T is one of my favourite mods too (credits DBThanatos, Michaelis and co.). The Crucible version made most of the stuff even better like better balance, improved gore and ability to add/remove each mp weapon for single player but Crucible version also added stuff like screen shake and over nerfed the pistol which i don't like. Thus those 2 things were changed in Crucible Enhanced.

However with all this being said, it is not necessarily meant to be substitute for DooM 2016 and you should really try the real game too if have the money and a good rig to play it. The same applies for DooM Eternal as well (though I wouldn't mind to see DBThanatos, Michaelis and team make an eternal version of their D4T mod one day).