Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Aizen

Dumb Stuff You Believed When You Were a Kid

I thought that the cats crying/fighting/whatever that creepy sound they do is at night were witches and i was scared as hell while trying to sleep.

Other dumb stuff i believed in when i was a kid: People.

2 hours ago, crazyflyingdonut said:

When I was really young, I thought that anime was low-budget, because I noticed the difference in framerate between anime and American cartoons.

Not sure if anyone even knows what I am talking about, but I just wanted to get something off my chest.

But anime is low-budget, so you're not wrong.

I thought a lot of dumb stuff as a kid growing up, mostly from watching movies.  When I first saw Caddyshack, I must've still been in middle school, so you're talking like 1987 through 1989.  Well in the movie, when Rodney Dangerfields character at the end says "Hey, we're all gonna get laid" and everyone was cheering, I thought he meant they were all going to get laid-off from their jobs, and because people hate working, they were happy about it.  Years later, I had that, ohhhh ok, now I get it moment, and was able to really enjoy that movie.

4 minutes ago, Aizen said:

But anime is low-budget, so you're not wrong.

mqdefault.jpg

An anime with a budget of $50 (whatever that translates to in Yen) can't afford to make a couple as sexy as those two.

2 hours ago, Jthom said:

When I was a kid I used to think the moon was following our car 

REALLY?! That happened to me too!

6 hours ago, Doge Sword said:

When I was in kindergarten or 1st grade I thought that everyone else was really stupid and I was the only smart person.

That's a tough pill to swallow come middle school. Then you're just catching up the rest of your life. 

Oh I remembered something stupid­.

While being in the car with my parent as a kid, when there was a storm of snow on the road, I imaged that the snowflakes coming fast in the windshield were claws of a cat.

7 hours ago, D88M said:

Other dumb stuff i believed in when i was a kid: People.

Good to see I'm not the only one who lost his faith in people a long, long time ago.

As a kid I had a suspicion that I might be the only real person. The only one with imagination, internal thoughts and curiosity. I couldn't prove anyone else had a self aware conscious or perceive reality the same way I do.

Somewhat similarly, when I was small I thought I "invented" masturbation. Like, I believed I was literally the only person in the world aware of the effects of stroking your penis. I probably thought the same about other things as well, but this one really sticks out in my memory as an extreme example.

4 minutes ago, Memfis said:

Somewhat similarly, when I was small I thought I "invented" masturbation. Like, I believed I was literally the only person in the world aware of the effects of stroking your penis. I probably thought the same about other things as well, but this one really sticks out in my memory as an extreme example.

Like how as a kid always wondered how girls actually pee'd as they had no penises. So much dumbness, but so funny.

That there were tiny actors in our TV.  So  i opened the thing with screwdrivers and pliers, while it was running of course, so I could take a look inside.

17 hours ago, SuperPCGamer said:

one thing I used to believe is that bugs were evil demons

but I still believe that

No, silly! Bugs is a bunny!

Used to think that teachers lived at the schools they worked at and didn't have homes of their own. 

On 9/7/2018 at 12:22 AM, elarmadillo3 said:

(we're Romanian)

Neat, what region?

4 hours ago, DesecratorJ said:

As a kid I thought when playing Doom that when I made demons fight each others, they became my friend.

Same. Was awfully shocked when the Cacodemon that helped me kill a couple of Zombieguys decided to kill me

6 hours ago, CountArchvile said:

I thought Bigfoot in Gta San Andreas was real and I would spend hours of my days searching for him

I remember hearing about that back when I played that game excessively.

I also believed other dumb shit about the game such as haunted houses, ghosts, and that sort of thing.

On 9/24/2018 at 4:08 AM, Agent6 said:

I also believed other dumb shit about the game such as haunted houses, ghosts, and that sort of thing.

i would also look for micheal myers and shit

On 9/24/2018 at 5:08 PM, Agent6 said:

Did anyone decipher that GTA 5 pyramid drawing? That could also be a load of bollocks.

I thought that the actual point of sword fights was to just smack your swords together and then at some arbitrary point somebody would stab somebody else. Took me a surprisingly long time to realize they're using their sword to block the other person's sword.

Also my sister believed that if you let your hand go limp and then touch the floor you would die because in most movies she saw every death scene included such a scene.

When I was very young, either my mom or my dad told me that if I cooked a hot dog in the microwave without putting holes in the casing with a fork, it would explode. I completely misinterpreted the sentence. I assumed they meant the microwave would explode, and obviously this would destroy the entire house. I was scared to use the microwave after that.