Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
PureSlime

Most recent movie you saw

Way of the Dragon.

Kickass again, and that neck snapping was something on a different level. Looks like both movies featured some nasty deaths.

I watched The Incredibles 2 in the cinema today. I thought it was a great film but definitely not as good as the original. It felt like a complete mirror of the first film, structured in the exact same way. It's like you could play them at the same time and the scenes would match up on both of the films, maybe someone should try that... when it becomes less likely for the video to be taken down that is. There was a lot of fan-service as well (not like 'that'), reusing memorable lines from the first film and going 'Remember that? Nostalgia!' Which is okay but I felt there really was a huge amount of it in the film.

I had a lot of fun watching Project A-Ko. The jokes were pretty funny, and the animation was very good for 1986. I'll definitely be checking out the series that follows the movie. 

Watched Purge: Election year the other night. 

Considering its the 3rd film it was actually rather good and is probably the only film in history that will make you cheer when horrible teenage girls get wasted, I know that sounds bad but if you have seen the film then you will understand completely.

19 hours ago, Ajora said:

I had a lot of fun watching Project A-Ko. The jokes were pretty funny, and the animation was very good for 1986. I'll definitely be checking out the series that follows the movie. 

You ever watch transformers generation 1 from the 80's? That was great animation for the most part.

8 minutes ago, Ajora said:

@Liberation I love Transformers, even though I'm more of a GI Joe guy. 

I don't remember GI joe being on TV as much as Transformers, however both were mega rare when I actually started watching TV and remembering it (89 onwards). The good old era of Jap/US cartoons, great stuff!

Watched Slender Man yesterday. This is how HE would react:

slenderman_facepalm_by_faildemon-d3eit8d.jpg.ef0cd4534772ca1236977c611302b8b8.jpg

The movie was just, utterly disappointing. As a big creepypasta fan, I was expecting some big shit to happen. But all I saw in the movie, was the story of how a bunch of teenagers stumbling upon his story on the internet and beginning the movie by clicking on a "Summon Him" button. How fuckin' lame.

Watched the first three entries of the Scream franchise. I'll watch the fourth one a bit later.

Scream (1996) is awesome. A good idea to make a satire about horror clichés, interesting and unique characters, a good villain (or, villains) and alternately scary and funny. The acting - especially by Campbell, Cox, Urich, Lillard and Barrymore (oh, and also the voice by Roger Jackson) - is great. I love it!

Scream 2 is a satire on horror sequel clichés. It's alright, I guess, but it has some dumb moments (not killing or unmasking the killer when he's unconscious) and also some unnecessary or annoying scenes (the cafeteria song scene is cringeworthy). It's still funny, but not as scary, nor are the baddies as memorable.

Scream 3 is the embarrassing third installment. The kills are either boring (a LOT of stab-kills) or have convoluted set-ups (one involving a gas explosion). The new characters aren't as engaging and the killer isn't too good, either. The film is simply too corny.

Edited by Poncho

@Poncho I personally have never really been a fan of the franchise. I've watched a few of them, but I didn't find that necessary. There's nothing really new to see after the first one since they just repeat themselves. Though I did enjoy plenty of moments especially from the first, such as the fight with the girl from 4:40:

Spoiler

I pretty much watched so much classic and newer movie in the past weeks.

The ones i liked

One flew over the cuckoo's nest: (Jack Nicholson stole the show)

Deadpool 2

Frequency

Isle of Dogs

Event Horizont

Ghost Ship(that masscare on the beginning just terribly awesome)

Goldfinger

Convoy 

Thanks to MoviePass I've been able to watch quite a few movies ..

Mile 22 was pretty terrible... though cliche, the ending was decent.

Okay, some more movies I watched:

Scream 4 is better than the third film, and it enjoyable to a degree, but it's worse than the first two. I think the villains are a bit better than those in Scream 2 (mostly because they have more screen time) and the joke about the "Stab" series is amusing, but there are too many characters who are dumb redherrings, and distracts me from the plot. Oh well. The new cast members work well.

Some non-Scream films now:

Dr. Strangelove: Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb - great title, and great political satire! Very funny, with a load of oddball performances (mostly from Sellers, Scott, Sellers again, Pilkens, Hayden, and... well, Sellers, I suppose?). Kubrick really was legendary in every genre he went into.

Misery (1990) - pretty good suspense thriller. James Caan and Kathy Bates have great chemistry (and give great performances).

Edited by Poncho

Watched Mississippi Burning last night.

A very powerful film showing how disgraceful mankind can be. I enjoyed the film and recommend it to others as a insight into the kkk and how they were a bunch of total cunts in an already messed up time.

@Poncho Misery is a brilliant film, Caan and Bates are awesome together. The bit with the plank of wood between then ankles is nearly as rough as the shit I watched in Mississippi Burning.

I watched the Star Trek reboot for the third time. I saw it in theaters it was an awesome comedy for the first hour that turned into Star Trek. Even seeing it the third time, it's enjoyable.

Justice League: Gods & Monsters is full of dislikable characters. Superman, but now Superman is Zod's son. Wonderwoman, but not Wonder Woman. Batman but... this Batman is a vampire. It got better at the end with good animated action and a story that unfolded no matter how comic book implausible.

Justice League: New Frontier is proof that there are so many Justice League / DC / Superman movies, they're retelling the stories they've already told in other animated movies. In this case it's how the Justice League came together... again, but this time in the 50s... oh and Aquaman literally shows up at the end in the last minute. It was interesting, but I think I've gone through the good animated DC movies. At least DC animated movies are far better than the Marvel ones.

I saw 'Death of Stalin'. The style was pretty good, and the flow of the movie was consistent (i.e., fairly predictable), but the audio in the version I watched was f**king terrible. I think I'll watch it again later, because I did too like several parts of it, and there were a couple parts I could actually hear leading me to believe there are other humorous parts. I picked this movie because I liked the concept. I was originally going to see the new Tomb Raider, but having already seen two Tomb Raiders, I felt like I wanted to see something original.

It has Steve Buschemi in it, I remembered him from other movies like 'Airheads'. 'Death of Stalin' wasn't as dumb as Airheads, but was a good laugh. And a puzzling political commentary, too. I think you should watch it if you want something kind of fun and have two hours to blow away.

Since I'm still with Hulu... there's so few movies that I'd actually watch... that I didn't watch last year. Let alone be able to find any of them. Cancelling Hulu just offers you a free, extra month of them.

BAYWATCH was so bad it's good. The first like 15 minutes is intolerable cringe, but then it grows to be a crime drama that no one but the crew take seriously.

POWER RANGERS (the new one) I was never into the Power Rangers, but I did see the original 2 movies. Well I gave this 15 minutes and thought... nope. Shut it off.

JURASSIC WORLD 2 is something I bought for my friend and I to watch. It was like a rehash of Jurassic Park 2. It was still enjoyable, just not as enjoyable as previous films. Plus... what other big movie do you get to see dinosaurs beyond King Kong, Jurassic Park and the Land that something Brendon Frasier was in?

STAR TREK: BEYOND is still fantastic. I saw it a year ago and it's still every bit as entertaining.

JUSTICE LEAGUE: DARK was a good, different kind of Batman animated movie. Batman says goodbye to the real Justice League and heads over to Europe to hang out with Constantine, Zarana and a bunch of others that will never be in another movie beyond this.

JUSTICE LEAGUE: THRONE OF ATLANTIS was good as well... too bad Hulu lost the ability to show it the same day I was watching it. Cut off half way through. A true wtf moment.

Well, not movies as of late but series.

Recently finished the new seasons of Luke Cage, Iron Fist (S02 was really good, which scares me to think how badly they screwed up the first since the second is supposedly a vast improvement over it. No, I'm not willing to check that out by myself), and while I'm waiting for S03 of Daredevil which finally arrives on October 19th I decided to watch the 1964 Addams Familly and the 1973 cartoon.

Too bad those old but gold series are hard to find... managed to find a website for the 1973 cartoon but for the 1964 black-and-white sitcom I have to search for each episode individually... Damn shame...

On 9/27/2018 at 3:37 PM, Agent6 said:

Recently finished the new seasons of Luke Cage, Iron Fist (S02 was really good, which scares me to think how badly they screwed up the first since the second is supposedly a vast improvement over it. No, I'm not willing to check that out by myself), and while I'm waiting for S03 of Daredevil which finally arrives on October 19th I decided to watch the 1964 Addams Familly and the 1973 cartoon.

Too bad those old but gold series are hard to find... managed to find a website for the 1973 cartoon but for the 1964 black-and-white sitcom I have to search for each episode individually... Damn shame...

i'm waiting for Daredevil S03, too. in the meantime, i'm finishing Atypical season 2. as soon as i'm done with both, i'll look forward to Narcos: Mexico

On 9/27/2018 at 1:37 PM, Agent6 said:

I felt the first season of Iron Fist was just way too long. They did a lot in that season. I super liked it until half way through, I just wished it would end. Now they pulled the plug on the series, so even if I had no motivation to watch the second season... now I have even less. I tried watching the first episode of the Punnisher, got through it and never went back. I made it through 2 episodes of Luke Cage. They killed Bernie and I couldn't continue.

Rambo 3 isn't as good as First Blood Part 2, but it's still leagues better than First Blood. I thought it was perfectly alright. I'm perplexed as to why so many people love the first movie but hate the second and third ones.

5 hours ago, geo said:

I felt the first season of Iron Fist was just way too long. They did a lot in that season. I super liked it until half way through, I just wished it would end. Now they pulled the plug on the series, so even if I had no motivation to watch the second season... now I have even less. I tried watching the first episode of the Punnisher, got through it and never went back. I made it through 2 episodes of Luke Cage. They killed Bernie and I couldn't continue.

Season 2 was pretty good, I'd say it's definitely worth the time, but it ends on a cliffhanger since the series got canned. I was actually looking forward to a S3 but it seems that will never happen...

Punisher is also really good, but one of the things people were bothered with was the slow pacing. For me however, that was just fine since it let room for character development. It is also easily the most violent Marvel TV show of all.

I just finished watching Solo. It was every bit as by predictable, mundane and formulaic as I expected. I was impressed by the casting for Han and Lando, but little else.

Return of the Caped Crusaders was outstanding from start to finish. I was expecting it to be good, but it exceeded those expectations. The animation was top notch, the voice acting was great, the pacing felt right, it was funny, the action sequences were well choreographed. Why the hell does this movie only have a 6.9 on imdb? It's clear that this movie was made with passion by people that unironically love Adam West as Batman. This is one of the best-animated superhero movies I've ever seen. There's not a single thing I dislike about it.

I saw 'Jurassic World 2 - The Lost World 2 - The Jurassic Lost World'....or whatever the title is. The new Jurassic Park movie that came out this year. I watched Jurassic Park like 10 times, and I saw Jurassic World like 3 times too, it was very, uhm, filled with Dinosaurs. Jurassic World 2 was the same way, it had very much Dino action. I thought it was Dinotastic, basically.

It had some scary parts, like scary T-Rex parts, and a lot of action parts. It's a pretty good rhythm along to the Climactic end. Not too much psychological weird stuff here, the story is pretty easy to follow. It was a good continuation from the first Jurassic World. The only problem here is you might not get those links if you only watched 'Jurassic World 1' 5 times.

I recommend this movie to anyone who wants to watch a good action scene that isn't filled up with phone calls and text messages about people who are stalking you with a cookie file that was downloaded from an invisible gif when you went to a secret, black deathmatch last year.