Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mánibranðr System

Quake 1 Stuff Ultra Reloaded - v1.2 Final

Huh, I just finished replaying Quake E1 before seeing this post. Glad to see this being updated again.

On 10/20/2017 at 10:38 PM, ∞Phantasm said:

This is pretty dope. For Ultimate DOOM, the Read This! option on the main menu still has the original font.

What source port and build version? This option has been gone in Zan 3.0.

1 hour ago, ArcheKruz said:

What source port and build version? This option has been gone in Zan 3.0.

Oh, must have been GZDOOM. Didn't realize this was made with Zandronum in mind specifically, which is a good thing for co-op/mp. I'm seeing too many mods neglect this like SmoothDoom.

4 hours ago, ∞Phantasm said:

Oh, must have been GZDOOM. Didn't realize this was made with Zandronum in mind specifically, which is a good thing for co-op/mp. I'm seeing too many mods neglect this like SmoothDoom.

Oh yeah, one of the original reasons for the mod's creation was for multiplayer co-op play. GZDoom may have more features, and it certainly would have been a good opportunity to learn ZScript, but being able to play it with friends online takes precedence.

I found out about this mod thanks to RetroAhoy's Quake video, and it's pretty damn awesome, the original version I tried out anyway. I'll have to check this one out!

Thank you and sorry for being silent about this. I had been swamped with work and life, and I hadn't been able to really dig in and work on it much since. I promise that there will be an update eventually.

Thanks for the mod, when I play it in multiplayer I can see that other player fire animation is using an axe, no matter what weapon is being held.. I do remember Q1 having axe for axe and one fire animation for everything else. Any idea how to fix it on gzdoom?

Yeah, it felt right that the preview was being done with Slipgate Complex. :D

EDIT: So it's just for Zandronum, or will it run in GZDoom albeit with some errors?

Edited by Gideon020 : Additional info

On 5/17/2018 at 6:07 AM, ChrisVR said:

Thanks for the mod, when I play it in multiplayer I can see that other player fire animation is using an axe, no matter what weapon is being held.. I do remember Q1 having axe for axe and one fire animation for everything else. Any idea how to fix it on gzdoom?

This will be fixed in the next update.

On 5/19/2018 at 8:11 PM, Gideon020 said:

Yeah, it felt right that the preview was being done with Slipgate Complex. :D

EDIT: So it's just for Zandronum, or will it run in GZDoom albeit with some errors?

It should work on GZDoom and Zandronum.

Woah woah woah! What do you mean changing the starting weapon to a machine gun? This is supposed to be Quake stuff in Doom.

It's to fix a balance quandary I have with the weapons. Particularly the shotguns. If I make the shotguns as weak as they are int he default game, players will run out of shotgun ammo very quickly, but the way I had it set up with the infinite single shotgun, it makes the single shotgun too good for a starting weapon, and the super shotgun borderline broken. By adding a machine gun, I'd be able to move the shotguns to a more higher tier pick up while still giving Ranger a ranged option to fall back on, albeit a crappy one. Of course, I'd have to make the damn thing first, and that would mean me learning how to do 3D modeling, which....will take a while.

In any case, thanks for the PM concerning the super shotgun clipping bug and the grunting sound bugs, I appreciate it.

Here's a preview of the next feature I will be including in the next release: The mage lightning from Hexen being modified for use as the Mjolnir's secondary, although for some reason, the lightning bolts occasionally turn on you at random, it seems to happen if a monster dies in the same tic the lightning bolts are released.

24 minutes ago, ArcheKruz said:

It's to fix a balance quandary I have with the weapons. Particularly the shotguns. If I make the shotguns as weak as they are int he default game, players will run out of shotgun ammo very quickly, but the way I had it set up with the infinite single shotgun, it makes the single shotgun too good for a starting weapon, and the super shotgun borderline broken. By adding a machine gun, I'd be able to move the shotguns to a more higher tier pick up while still giving Ranger a ranged option to fall back on, albeit a crappy one. Of course, I'd have to make the damn thing first, and that would mean me learning how to do 3D modeling, which....will take a while.

In any case, thanks for the PM concerning the super shotgun clipping bug and the grunting sound bugs, I appreciate it.

Here's a preview of the next feature I will be including in the next release: The mage lightning from Hexen being modified for use as the Mjolnir's secondary, although for some reason, the lightning bolts occasionally turn on you at random, it seems to happen if a monster dies in the same tic the lightning bolts are released.

I see. The shotgun did make things too easy because of its infinite ammo. How will the machine gun look like?

No problem. =)

And now the Mjolnir has a slam attack. If you're over 16 units off the ground and are facing down, you'll do a ground slam with the secondary, which will change the trajectory of the lightning attack.

21 hours ago, ArcheKruz said:

And now the Mjolnir has a slam attack. If you're over 16 units off the ground and are facing down, you'll do a ground slam with the secondary, which will change the trajectory of the lightning attack.

Will all the weapons have Quake's first person walking animation?

Will it fix the multiplayer player model bug?
When you fire any weapon, an axe is being drawn, and I think it's drawn at all players.

It looks like everyone is meeling all the time :P

2 hours ago, ChrisVR said:

Will it fix the multiplayer player model bug?
When you fire any weapon, an axe is being drawn, and I think it's drawn at all players.

It looks like everyone is meeling all the time :P

Yes, the bug will be fixed in the next release.

I started working on revamping the rune mechanics.

Oh and if you want to keep track of this mod's development, the Trello is available here.

Edited by ArcheKruz

5 hours ago, ArcheKruz said:

Yes, the bug will be fixed in the next release.

I started working on revamping the rune mechanics.

Oh and if you want to keep track of this mod's development, the Trello is available here.

Wow is that hammer massively powerful. 

Are you still working on this mod. Can you make an option to turn on regular quake shotgun and super shotgun ammo consumption?

Edited by Bob the Doomer