Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Thedoctor989

Texture glitches in game

hi i took a bunch of custom textures and ported them into doom builder but when i went to go look at them ingame they were all distorted and glitchy.

glitch.PNG

By the looks of things, you're running classic DooM builder 2. I might be wrong but you may need to re-order the loading of the wad files, classic DooM/DooM 2 was always very picky about being EXACT with it's loading.

they are in png format (doom flats) i tried to mess with the Lumps and now they don't work at all! can someone help to load these in a wad for me to download? (1 is 64 X 64, 2 is 64 X 124)

1.zip

2.zip

What port are these textures intended for at a minimum? Because 64x128 is not a compatible flat texture, they must be 64x64 or defined as generic textures instead (along side a port that can display textures on any surface).

Also from the screenshots, it looks like what could happen if you tried to load a non-flat image file as a flat. Doom flats are not PNGs, they are a raw format that just has 4096 bytes representing palette indexes.

Edit: Are these even supposed to be flats? These look like they are supposed to be wall textures, not flats. None of them appear to be 64x64 either.

Edited by Edward850

some are for walls and others are for floors and ceilings, could someone tell me what size for walls and what size for floors and ceilings.

Textures can be any dimensions, but flats have to be 64*64. Textures need to be Doom GFX image format and flats need to be Doom Flat image format if you're aiming for vanilla or Boom-compatible.