Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DooMAD

StalungCraeft Texture Pack (updated Sept 2021)

2 minutes ago, StormCatcher.77 said:

Maybe something industrial, futuristic and nature.

I'd definitely like more natural stuff in there, but it seems more difficult to resize things like grass textures without losing so much detail that they just look like a blur.  Brick textures, for example, are comparatively easy to resize, since they're generally larger shapes.  But individual blades of grass simply lose all definition if the original texture is high resolution.  I'll see what I can come up with, though.

Very surreal. Gonna be weird and interesting seeing these textures used. Had a similar idea long ago, when i wanted to use public domain resources for Doom. Super arthouse-y!

Those look really great! Gotta check them out more closely and hopefully use them in the future.

DONUT STEEL!!!!! >:(((

Cool textures btw,maybe i will use them for something ;o

Donut Steel sounds like a good name for a map, or a band.

EDIT: In a feeble attempt to be on-topic, these are nice looking textures. Good job!

Edited by Empyre

Wow! These are especially nice for Doom, with its slightly lower resolution at scale. Each image is very sharply defined (but not too sharp), making them perfect for Doom textures! Plenty of textures look ok in Doom, but these go a bit further. Excellent work!

Great textures, I really like the look of them.

My only issue is with the look of some of the doors. It looks like the original focus of this texture pack was for Heretic and Hexen, which I don't play or map for, so perhaps this issue is baseless in those games. But with regard to Doom, it strikes me that many of the doors will not look right simply rising or lowering and you will have to make them "swing" in order to look right. That's not so difficult, but it's a few extra steps and takes a little more room.

That being said, it's a minor issue, and overall, I like the textures quite a lot.

When I first looked at the textures I got a Blood vibe (which, IMO, is a very good thing). Excellent compilation; thanks for all your efforts.

Trying to use this texture pack for a few projects. The Doom wad versions works wonderfully! And i'm loving working with a lot of these.

unknown.png

Buuuut as you can see, the Heretic version definitely *isn't* working. I know this texture pack is kinda old and not many people seem to use it, but is there any chance you could still fix it?

17 hours ago, MattFright said:

Buuuut as you can see, the Heretic version definitely *isn't* working. I know this texture pack is kinda old and not many people seem to use it, but is there any chance you could still fix it?

Oh, whoops, heh.  Not sure what I did there.  Will definitely look into that.

I'm guessing it stems from my love for the Blasphemer palette, so I may have neglected standard Heretic a bit.  :D

17 hours ago, MattFright said:

Trying to use this texture pack for a few projects. The Doom wad versions works wonderfully! And i'm loving working with a lot of these.

unknown.png

Those are Doom II texture names... The problem is that it is a pack for Doom II, but with the Heretic palette, instead of a pack for Heretic.

The real textures from the pack come after ZZZFACE9. And yeah, the stock Heretic textures are no longer available since instead you have the Doom II textures but without their patches.

In that case, the Hexen one is probably equally cocked.

//EDIT:

Does this fix the Heretic one?  I feel like I'm quite rusty since it's been a while since I did any WAD editing.  Want to make sure I've done it right before I re-do the other ones:  http://www.teamhellspawn.com/stalhtic2.zip

//DOUBLE_EDIT: 

Another bug.  Some of the LAVARCK flats are incorrectly named and have too many characters.  Working on a fixed version now.

//FINAL_EDIT:  

First post updated with new links.  Hopefully unfakaktad now.

Edited by DooMAD

I've just seen @Velvetic's upcoming maps with this and decided to download it out of curiosity.  I had previously dismissed it because I'd mistakenly assumed that the previews were pretty much all that is there, and possibly that there were only roughly 398 independent textures (*4, one set for each game).  When I looked closely, there's a wide variety of textures here, over 1500 for each game, and many of them look ideally suited to Heretic/Hexen environments as the OP suggested.  Here's a couple of examples:

8XtCx2w.png

A1n86Ii.png

There is still a scattering of missing ("X") textures in the editor which appear to be missing textures from the base game (e.g. STEEL** in Hexen).  Anyway, I hope we do start seeing more releases using these, they could do with extra exposure I think.

Edited by ENEMY!!!