Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Captain Red

Blau!! (testers needed)

I have just completed A weapons pack for zdoom beta 33. It’s partly inspired be Immoral conduct by CW. any one interested in beta testing?

Also, I would like to know where to get a blank template for the *.txt files for newstuff. for that matter, how do I upload to newstuff? (Let deathy bash the hell outta my lame mod).

Ct_red_pants said:

That link seems to be broken.

nah 5 users max :/

the wad:

OMFG OWNAGE :P ok i have never played immoral conduct (or whatever it was), and the only other weapon mod i've tried was a desert eagle (that was bloody great also) but i had sooo much fun with the guns i decided play doom2 on HMP 'till map27 which was a bit too harsh for me :) the revolver was great, i almost pissed my pants when i "got large flame canister" on map03, but the best addition was "so be it... jedi"! the pistol replacing the fist sucked tho, and the big fucking gun was maybe a bit too big, i killed myself almost everytime i tried to use it :P where's that uzi nabbed from?

and heh, those jumping demons were funney, but they got into fighting eachother all the time :)

i'd LOVE to deathmatch with these, no way to make 'em zdaemon compatible?-P

kulma said:
where's that uzi nabbed from?

I grabbed it from Hacx.

kulma also said:
i'd LOVE to deathmatch with these, no way to make 'em zdaemon compatible?-P

Excellent! I made 'em with DM in mind. but I'm afrade making them zdaemon compatible would be impossable AFAIK.

also, I aggree that the fist replacement is a little usless. I'm going to replace it with the prod from lame duke 3d.

but I'm keeping the BFG replacment... you'll just have to be more careful :)

Does CW know you nicked his IC shotgun art?

And the fist mod sucks, but otherwise it's fairly cool.

Trasher][ said:
Does CW know you nicked his IC shotgun art?

And the fist mod sucks, but otherwise it's fairly cool.

Err... no... but he ripped it from Duke Nukem 3D. I will ask his permission before I uploade it to newstuff. I was going to send it to him anyway to ask if he wouldn't mind hosting it.

Ok, the new wad has been sent to:
Black Void
Sphagne
Ravage
BigBadGangsta
Lord Trasher
Kulma

If Lord Trasher and Kulma could tell me how it compares to the old one, it would be neat.

NO MORE TESTERS NEEDED.

If you want to see it, wait until next newstuff. (ok, I might sent it your way if you ask really really nicely... or your a mod :P)

Cheers.

ok the cattle prod was great! but i've started to think that maybe the riot gun has a too great a rate of fire... or maybe it should do a little less damage.
and now that i think of it, the bfg replacement is very nice, the delay before it fires and the area damage.. it's perfect :P
hmm. the missiles could have a bit wider area of damage, they do triple the damage rockets do right?
the uzi spreads only vertically, is it hard to make it spread also horizontally?
can't think of anything else now...

I like it CtRP. But, uh, what's with the flamethrower? Are the projectiles speed set at 0?

kulma said:
ok the cattle prod was great! but i've started to think that maybe the riot gun has a too great a rate of fire... or maybe it should do a little less damage.

Yeah, I am a little iffy about the riot gun. Originally I had the Max ammo set to 25, (50 with backpack) so that you’d run out quick smart if you relied on it too much. But it made the shotgun a bit useless. Hmmm... Maybe if I bumped it down to 30 instead...

BTW, I’m fitting a riot gun to the spider mastermind... >:)

kulma also said:
Hmm. The missiles could have a bit wider area of damage, they do triple the damage rockets do right?

Well, the default damage is 128 (I think) and I’ve now set it two 175. However, somehow I managed to get myself killed by a cyberdemon while I had an invariability sphere! I think I’ve fixed the problem now…

kulma also said:
the uzi spreads only vertically, is it hard to make it spread also horizontally?

That’s a great idea! It might be possible; I’ll have to look it up...

ravage said:
What’s with the flamethrower? Are the projectiles speed set at 0?

Well, I’ve been annoyed by the amount of flamethrowers that are just plasma rifles with flame sprites. So I wanted to make it more flamethrower like. Hence I slowed down the projectile, and gave it some area damage. Or are you saying it’s not moving at all? That’s very odd...

The flamethrowers I have made before were plasma-like, but they had a shorter range, lessening it's effectiveness. I guess you did the same, but it doesn't seem to move. Eh.

Burned Blau Curtains

I took a quick look at the wad this morning, sweet! Here are some thinks that came to my mind:

You could get rid of those black borders in the rocket explosion.

I think the bfg replacement is too effective, I mean, you can kill a spider mastermind with one bullet! And there has to be very much room to fire the weapon withaut getting yourself killed.

Hmm, I cannot come up with much to say anymore. I'll test it more later. Great work!

Ct_red_pants said:

Yeah, I am a little iffy about the riot gun. Originally I had the Max ammo set to 25, (50 with backpack) so that you’d run out quick smart if you relied on it too much. But it made the shotgun a bit useless. Hmmm... Maybe if I bumped it down to 30 instead...

25/50, and the norm shotgun only uses one shell at a time (it uses two now)? but i still think it (the riotgun) could shoot slower, half or a quarter of a second more per shot or so. i tend to switch alot between sg/ssg when i play doom2 sp, but with these when i get my hands on that riot gun, there's no going back to that single shotgun. also, can you hack it so that you get only half the ammo from enemy dropped shotguns, shells and shell-boxes?

BTW, I’m fitting a riot gun to the spider mastermind... >:)

oh shit! she's a badass already! but now, oh shit! :)

Well, the default damage is 128 (I think) and I’ve now set it two 175. However, somehow I managed to get myself killed by a cyberdemon while I had an invariability sphere! I think I’ve fixed the problem now

it kills a mancubus with one missile with a direct hit, and mancubi take 3-4 rockets. that's where i figured the triple-damage.

Well, I’ve been annoyed by the amount of flamethrowers that are just plasma rifles with flame sprites. So I wanted to make it more flamethrower like. Hence I slowed down the projectile, and gave it some area damage. Or are you saying it’s not moving at all? That’s very odd...

yeah the flamethrower's very cool, maybe even a better weapon than the light saber. and it works fine with me.

these guns would be really cool for skull tag/capture the flag! there's a great offensive weapon, the riot gun, and a great defensive weapon, the flame thrower. and the other guns also just kick ass! well daydreaming is fun... :P

Well, I am using this with an older version of Zdoom, (runs faster and cleaner for me) Maybe that's it? I got no errors in the startup tho...

I just played it again, I found some errors in it.

The pistol- dehacked "Unlimited" ammo has a nasty bug. It decreases your total amount of shells each time you fire. Even with the ammo cheat, it is down. If that total number goes negative (fire the gun enough times, it will) then you cannot use the shotgun weaps anymore. You have to start a new game. Some bugs suck, bollocks. I was wondering why the gun was slow in the first place, but then I noticed you did that because of its newfound power.

Flamethrower- See other posts.

Lightsaver/tazer -question. Does the lightsaver do multiple damage?

Shotgun- no problem.

Riot (4barrel) Shotgun- waaayy too powerful >:)

Others- no problem.

Edit: Found it works with Zdoom 1.33b. Stupid me. :P

DooMer 4ever said:
You could get rid of those black borders in the rocket explosion.

Done.

DooMer 4ever also said:
I think the bfg replacement is too effective, I mean, you can kill a spider mastermind with one bullet! And there has to be very much room to fire the weapon withaut getting yourself killed.

well, the idea was to have an all powerful weapon that, while effective, is extremely dangerous to use. Hmmm... I’m keeping it for now, but I might release an alterative pack with a different BFG replacement...

kulma said:
25/50, and the norm shotgun only uses one shell at a time (it uses two now)? but i still think it (the riotgun) could shoot slower, half or a quarter of a second more per shot or so. i tend to switch alot between sg/ssg when i play doom2 sp, but with these when i get my hands on that riot gun, there's no going back to that single shotgun. also, can you hack it so that you get only half the ammo from enemy dropped shotguns, shells and shell-boxes?

Ok. I’ve dropped the shells max ammo down to 30 (60 with back pack). But I guess It could be slower... (it’s that speed to hide the ‘Click click’ reload noise) but everyone is saying that it needs to be slower, so it shall be done.
(BTW The shotgun fires two bursts at once, so as such, uses to shells at once. The sergeants do to, but I messed it up in the version you’ve got. It’s fixed now.)

kulma also said:
these guns would be really cool for skull tag/capture the flag! there's a great offensive weapon, the riot gun, and a great defensive weapon, the flame thrower. And the other guns also just kick ass! well daydreaming is fun... :P

That just might be possible. But it will be a while before I could release something like that. (I know very little about skulltags dehacked system)

ravage said:
Lightsaver/tazer -question. Does the lightsaver do multiple damage?

Yep. It should be able to take down zombies, imps and demons in one swipe, I would like to know if there’s a way to have it permanently berserkerd.

Disgregard my thing about the pistol. I forgot it was for the latest Zdoom.

I am so stupid today.