Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Hitscanning_scumbag

What do you think of Mr.Icarus?

Hey guys! ive been watching a youtube channel that this community has no doubt heard of: Icarus liv3s.

He seems to have very balanced reviews, for the most part.

i like to take his better advice to heart. advice such as making your levels interesting, balancing your weapons, if your gonna use 3d models, make sure they fit the level well,and so on.

my question is, how do you, the DOOM community feel about him? what do you think about his videos?

*my take: he seems to know what he's talking about gameplay-wise. he understands how to balance certain concepts and levels.

seems okay to me.*

I watch his Doom mod reviews, just to get an overview about the mods and maps. He seems okay, I am not sure I can talk about his gameplay review qualifications but at least his videos are well produced.

As a member and moderator of his server, he's a nice and chill person and for the most part when he reviews the mods, he does it in a way that can be easily understandable, which most people appreciate it a lot. 

At least he's more enjoyable to watch some gameplay than Joel.

Used to watch his reviews a lot when I was 16, but time went on and I just grew tired of them they ended up too similar for my liking, he's a good reviewer but not the type I would pass time watching.

42 minutes ago, tempdecal.wad said:

Used to watch his reviews a lot when I was 16, but time went on and I just grew tired of them they ended up too similar for my liking, he's a good reviewer but not the type I would pass time watching.

I think all reviewers / Youtubers have a shelf life since they churn out 52 - 1,500 videos per year with no off season.

I'm in the same boat as you. I like the guy, I've just seen him so much where I don't watch him anymore.

Joel is terrible to endure. He gets unjustifiably excited and yelly. He went from good in my ears to terrible after watching too much of his gameplay.

I know him, but I don't watch his vids. He is helpful to me thanks to him being a good source of interesting wads to play, especially Zdoom works.

I think he's pretty thorough and gives some really good ideas about whether i'll like a mod or not. He's also been nice enough to cover several of my own mods on Doom Mod Madness and on his livestreams. I also like that he tries to acknowledge people in his chatrooms and make them feel welcome.

I watch every episode of Doom Mod Madness, because he sometimes plays something I didn't even know existed since the mod was started on some buried forum post.(played Ashes 2063 and Blade of Agony because of him) Don't have the patience to look out for anything new by myself.

Most of the time it's mediocre stuff though, but it's fun seeing him get frustrated.

I like his doom mod madness videos. I dont watch anyones live streams, including his.

I like how he isnt really profane or vulgar.

His reviews seem thorough and pretty fair.

Ive also learned about most doom mods through his videos, so all in all, a good youtuber.

Likewise, Ive played adventures of square and blade of agony because of his videos.

Mr Icarus is great!

Someday I hope he'll play more map sets I participated in.

By the way, the map he designed (I believe it's called 'Temple of Icarus') is fairly decent, especially for a first map. I'd recommend it.

He's a positive person with a good attitude

You can never have enough of those

*edit* Oh, and he has a good voice. Perfect for what he does.

Edited by wheresthebeef

Hey there Mr.Icarus here and Welcome to yet another edition of Doom Mod Madness, this time around we are checking out Mr Icarus Doom Mod Madness.

He would be who I would be if I had a voice for commentary and experimented more with mods as for my channel I stick more with showing off more of user created levels without commentary (lack of enthusiasm, dunno what to chat to to keep users engaged, etc.)

Never heard of him so I just checked a random video on his channel.  Looks like I wasn't missing much. 

I used to watch his videos a few years ago but i haven't kept up with him lately. I know that he created a few doom WADs though (as someone mentioned above). I should catch up on his videos sometime soon though, as well as Gggmanlives. I just don't play many mods but it's always interesting to see whats out there.

I do remember watching a twitch stream of his about a year or so ago and he did talk to me as well as others who were in the chat and overall he seemed quite pleasant. I'd say if you really like to use mods when playing Doom or just want to keep up with whats new, give his videos/reviews a shot. If you don't like 'em then you don't have to watch 'em.

Edited by CyberDreams

He's a cool guy, sometimes I put in one of his gameplay videos while eating or something. He plays with a lack of concentration and passively and dies a lot :D Thank god for save scumming!

I like when he livestream, is super chill to hear and watch with doing something else, and the hype with weapons that he got is not normal.

Also a big name for people to watch and play mods (i sure the majority of mod workers want Ikarus to review their mod) so that a Plus,because he is not cocky or anything, just a old gamer fella.

Also he likes Dusk.

15 hours ago, Doomkid said:

Has he played Icarus yet? If not that's a crying fucking shame.

I think, I think, he didn't played it yet