Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

Post Your Doom Picture (Part 2)

On 9/30/2018 at 5:35 PM, Angry Saint said:

I don't map as much as I used to do some years ago... but sometime I still like to work on some rooms...

Screenshot_Doom_20180930_182653.png

If there aren't any Arachnotrons in this area, with that massive spider icon, that's a missed opportunity.

Ehh, might as well post my entry for boom compatible project "Mayhem Purple", I don't think it will be that harmful. In overall, it was an interesting experience for sure, I had quite some fun time participating there. 

Some info about this abomination of my map:

That is essentially my first map ever made, and I must say, figuring some certain things out was quite tricky, but nonetheless rewarding. Trying to go around limitations of engine was quite engaging and entertaining for sure. 

I builded this map in 1 month, but I had to return occasionally to polish and add some stuff during next 3-4 month, so, yeah, quite a lengthy beast.

This is how it looks like in gzdoom builder, with all linedefs and stuff:

FGsR3ka.jpg

And here are some actual in-game screenshots:

Spoiler

l4cedVA.png

2VbIAeY.png

nwuZeYY.png

1BOE0qg.png

xCphFQS.png

eOYtfbF.png

5DU68Ek.png

oKh52gd.png

TtzfWcc.png

3oaTOI3.png

gxJiADk.png

KqOghjn.png

So yeah, it was quite a wild ride for sure, but I think it turned out pretty decent in the end.

Edited by BioRenegat

That caek is well baekt.

Props to the essel clouds et al. I don't think I ever played that map set, but seeing it I'd like to, despite its troubles.

Edited by Fonze

I didn't mention that I didnt make this, probably should have.

I'd LIKE to make something like this! Maybe I will?

6 minutes ago, Avoozl said:

Not hard to notice the Blood textures.

Are you talking about Ant(ares)'s snow screenshot? Pretty sure it's entirely OTEX.

18 minutes ago, Catpho said:

Are you talking about Ant(ares)'s snow screenshot? Pretty sure it's entirely OTEX.

Well the top texture on the roof openings with the icicles hanging on the bottom of it on the first two screenshots looked similar to a texture from Blood.

1 hour ago, Avoozl said:

Well the top texture on the roof openings with the icicles hanging on the bottom of it on the first two screenshots looked similar to a texture from Blood.

While that's a good guess, it's nothing to do with the Blood resources what-so-ever. Purely OTEX, for Eviternity, as has been established.

Great work as always @antares031, really loking forward to testing this one. :)

Have you considered using different filters for different materials? It looks like every texture is a smeared oil-painted representation of the originals. Also what happened to the imp's teeth? I liked ypur remakes a lot when i first started seeing them but the more I see the less I think of them, sorry if that's a bit harsh but I think many of these issues come down to whatever filter you're using to make these.

Yeah, it looks like he just upscaled them and then used the smudge tool everywhere. What's the point of doing an HD version if you aren't adding any "definition". On a closer look some of it looks handpainted but it's nowhere near enough.

2 minutes ago, Myst.Haruko said:

"pic"

Looks dreamy. Is this for that eternity project of yours? 

5 minutes ago, Catpho said:

Looks dreamy. Is this for that eternity project of yours? 

It's for eternity, yes. I'm doing this as break from my main project to relax my mind and get some new ideas. So, I decided to go casual way and after this map to return where I left with my purple/teal project.

@Honey16 I am not a big fan of that "oil painting"-like resize of the textures, but in those ingame screenshots it actually looks quite okay, I think. Especially the more far away a texture is. The closer you get, though, the more "smeared" it looks, which might not be everyone's cup of tea. Other than that, I really commend your effort and think there are many people who'll enjoy the highres versions of those classic textures.

@AconyX Wow, lovely! This looks very wonderful. Love how you framed that marble picture of Satan.

18 minutes ago, Tango said:

pretty old post, but did this map ever get released? it looks excellent :D

guessing from the coloration it is/was part of Necromantic Thirst? Which as far as I can discern from google-translate is still in active development ;D

edit: or was there another predominantly french-in-origin green project? I forget -.-

Edited by Ribbiks