Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
StevenC21

Community Chest 64

5 hours ago, StevenC21 said:

I have updated the deadline.

Great. Count me in. For any map ## (except the final, of course)

I'll take any free slot. Prefer to make hellish environment so it may be number 20-29?

Sorry i forgot these two upcoming month is shitty ones fir me irl... i'll pass.

Edited by CWolf

I don't think it'll grow super big so I don't think it matters if the maps don't fit thematically.

Aw, cool.  glad to see d64ex getting some love.  I won't commit to anything until my megawad is complete but I'd be happy to contribute.

For those wondering about how the camera works, there's a couple steps.

1)  Your playerstart has to be tagged.  (lets just say its "A")

2)  You need a tagged Thing 113 (camera).  This is tag "B".

3)  You need a macro that does this:

macro 1
{
Camera_Set(B);
Player_Freeze(45);
Delay(45);
Camera_Clear(A);
}

What's happening here is the Camera_Set changes your view to where the Thing 113 is.   Player Freeze prevents you from moving during this transition, and the Delay needs to match (so that you don't get sent back to "yourself" before the camera changes.)   Camera_Clear sends you back.

One thing to note, your Thing 113 needs to be up off the ground a bit.  64 units at least.

Let me know if I can help any of you, I have made more custom maps for D64ex than I think anyone else?

On 10/5/2018 at 4:58 AM, hardcore_gamer said:

Map 06. I also suggest that it be agreed upon quickly which custom texture wads to use so that everybody can use it, and also so that there aren't like a million different custom textures and assets in the project. These could probably be made to work with EX: https://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=54248

I think we need this.

But is the editor stable yet? I'm still suffering PTSD from losing some maps that didn't build correctly and corrupted the wad files.

i don't know if it's possible but could we use Doom builder 2 to make the doom 64 maps? and if so someone would have to port all of the textures in a wad file to use if we do decide to use DB2.

12 minutes ago, Thedoctor989 said:

i don't know if it's possible but could we use Doom builder 2 to make the doom 64 maps? and if so someone would have to port all of the textures in a wad file to use if we do decide to use DB2.

No, Doom Builder 2 can't do this.

1 hour ago, Job said:

But is the editor stable yet? I'm still suffering PTSD from losing some maps that didn't build correctly and corrupted the wad files.

I remember that, but it's been fixed for a long time now.  I haven't had any issues in the past couple years.

10 minutes ago, Thedoctor989 said:

i need the Iwad, just recently got the doom64ex

You have to rip it from a Doom 64 ROM using wadgen. You're on your own when it comes to finding a ROM.

29 minutes ago, Antnee said:

I remember that, but it's been fixed for a long time now.  I haven't had any issues in the past couple years.

That's encouraging to hear, if true. Maybe I'll try editing for D64 again.

This is for Doom64 EX, so you gotta use the resource generated.

Should we agree on keeping some compatibility with the original game? Most notably the no-jump and tall actors options.

i found on this website the Rom and then used the Wad generator thingy to make a function wad then i got the Doom 64 level editor from the official website and am now starting to look up tutorials on how test custom maps

here's the rom if anyone doesn't have it:

(removed for copyrights)

here is the official website:

https://doom64ex.wordpress.com/ 

Edited by Thedoctor989 : links added

@Kore, that's a really good point about no-jump and tall actors. I think not including the former is fine, but the latter has absolutely no gameplay benefit and has only been a blessing since its removal in OG Doom decades ago. I don't think there's any point in having it in this project but that's up to @StevenC21 to decide.

Yeah, tall actors are a hassle but I wasn't sure if anyone would want that. I'd rather have no jumping though.

but these are both public domain websites anyone could get to from googling "doom 64" all i did was give you guys links to the websites (i took the rom website link down just in case though)

4 minutes ago, Thedoctor989 said:

but these are both public domain websites anyone could get to from googling "doom 64" all i did was give you guys links to the websites (i took the rom website link down just in case though)

That's not how copyright works. Just because a public website has a download, that doesn't make it legal.

1 minute ago, Thedoctor989 said:

but these are both public domain websites anyone could get to from googling "doom 64" all i did was give you guys links to the websites (which if you scroll down have all the copyright info)

Mere linkage has killed torrent aggregators in court, so it doesn't really constitute a defense--it's already been tried.  Also, there's nothing 'public domain' about any of this.  Best leave it to others to locate the resources.

okay i might try to get in touch with someone and report that site. (but it is settled in Europe so i don't know if the USA has Any restriction to contents) 

2 minutes ago, Thedoctor989 said:

okay i might try to get in touch with someone and report that site. (but it is settled in Europe so i don't know if the USA has Any restriction to contents) 

You don't have to do that--just avoid posting links to roms and such on here.

Yeah, let's not get off-topic, guys.

I made a few textures that I felt I needed. I hope you find an use for them.

I also made some skies but I don't know how we'll go about that.

edit: quick fix to the textures.

textures.zip

14 minutes ago, Thedoctor989 said:

alright then back to trying to figure out how to test my custom level!

In your D64ex directory, there's a "launcher.exe".  Save your wad in that same directory, then in the bottom of the launcher use this (without quotes)

"-file yourwad.wad"