Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

You've managed to anger Dragonfly (or at least irritated him), judging by his all caps response.

EDIT: Not that I don't agree with his response. I do. Where are the screenshots?

Incidentally, before someone responds by posting the link to the "New to Posting Maps? Read This First!" thread, the only thing that is really missing from this OP is screenshots.

14 hours ago, xdarkmasterx said:

you recieved the crystal skull demons are unhappy that you have such thing and come to reclaim it fight for ur life

Yes I can get the crystal skull but I can't get screenshots? I'm an unhappy demon...

21 minutes ago, Dragonfly said:

SCREENSHOTS.

WHERE ARE THEY.

I NO SEE THEM.

crenshots have been updated theres no need to shout

th?id=OIP.4sQIgBGzIitpP4-8nkk6ogHaE8%26p

Hey in this day and age you need to be loud or be ignored. :P

Also lol at that 3rd screenshot:

eOfkiMQ.png

Also hopefully 'shouting' will make you do a release thread without people asking for the screenshots.

you recieved the crystal skull demons are unhappy that you have such thing and come to reclaim it fight for ur life

Why did I read that in that one text-to-speech voice used in Gordon Freakman? OwO

I'll be honest. I'm on phone (even with low brightness) and seeing the third shot hurts my eyes so bad that I won't bother looking at it anymore. 

Played this for a bit, on UV with saves in Crispy. No FDA, sorry!

Might as well give my barely relevant ramblings thoughts on each section:

Spoiler

1. The 'mancubus ring' was probably the hardest bit of this whole thing, by a massive amount - this took a huge amount of time to clear compared to the other sections. I did enjoy trying to strategise this one, though I felt that there was quite a bit of RNG involved -- and it probably would be worth indicating that the mancs are trapped by the block lines (took me too long to realise it by myself) - maybe a different flat for the outer ring would work? Regardless I very much enjoyed this section, despite it taking me literally a decade to beat.

2. This one was alright, much easier than the first set piece. the only real threat are the archviles - because there's so much cover, the other enemies become more like 'obstacles' for you to bump into when fighting the archviles, (which is fine). Reducing the amount of cover slightly might be worth it to up the ante a bit. Despite this, I enjoyed the simple yet 'real life' feeling architecture - I guess sort of out of place compared to the rest of the level, but it was very nice :D

3. Didn't enjoy this one very much - there's so much space to move around that most of the enemies don't do much, except for the PEs, which create so much cleanup time from endless lost soul spawning (especially if using SSG). Also, if you get to far to the 'start' of the next setpiece, the revs will awaken and its a pain to jump down when you've beaten this setpiece without getting slapped by them. Maybe a teleporter into that section would be better?

4. The teleporter puzzle's pretty good, but there's too much space for the revs to make a real impact - they just become a clump which is easy to go around. Perhaps I messed up the setpiece by activating it too early? I don't know. Still enjoyed this one though.

5. Nice. This one was very tough compared to 2, 3, and 4. Felt I was slightly 'cheesing' it with the wallrunning allowing me to dodge the cyber rockets easier but it was still quite tough. The tight space makes for a bit of RNG I guess, though it's not too bad.

Overall, thought it was decent, though some setpieces were a bit wobbly (though those ones didn't take much time to beat) and the difficulty a bit wonky. Feel free to disregard everything I've said though, I could just be talking out my arse (and probably am).

Nah,

I see what the artist was going for here.  At first it just looks like a red screen, but to the trained eye, there are two mancubi there enjoying the pleasant, grassy field while watching doomguy perish.  Of course it's in context with the other screenshots.  It seems like it's a new for of avant-garde Doom art.  Pure genius.  

4 hours ago, General Rainbow Bacon said:

Nah,

I see what the artist was going for here.  At first it just looks like a red screen, but to the trained eye, there are two mancubi there enjoying the pleasant, grassy field while watching doomguy perish.  Of course it's in context with the other screenshots.  It seems like it's a new for of avant-garde Doom art.  Pure genius.  

Actually, at first I thought you were just being sarcastic. However, when I went back up and looked at the 4 screenshots, I could see a rough "story" being told in them. I had noticed the 2 mancubi originally, but just thought "that's what screenshots look like when I try to take them without -nomonsters." I wouldn't have thought about a "story" until you mentioned it, but that would explain the somewhat odd choices for screenshots 2, 3, and 4.