Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
crazyflyingdonut

Should I buy this Doom ringtone or not?

So on Amazon Music there is a remix of the E1M1 song that I want as my ringtone. The thing is, is that it's 99 cents, and I get very suspicious about Doom bootlegs. I want to make sure I'm giving money to id software/Bethesda/ZeniMax and not someone who wasn't given permission to make money off of it.

bruh..........

Get a YT video downloader/converter like aTube Catcher, search that video link if it coincide with the one in Amazon, copypaste it in the program and then convert that video to a mp3 file. No need to pay for something that you can get it for free ......................ezpz

3 minutes ago, leodoom85 said:

bruh..........

Get a YT video downloader/converter like aTube Catcher, search that video link if it coincide with the one in Amazon, copypaste it in the program and then convert that video to a mp3 file. No need to pay for something that you can get it for free ......................ezpz

I always do that

not for bad is for i am poor :"v

1 hour ago, crazyflyingdonut said:

not someone who wasn't given permission to make money off of it.

You mean like somebody who gave money to (for example) id in order to obtain a license which would allow them to sell these ringtones legally to begin with?

7 minutes ago, Nine Inch Heels said:

You mean like somebody who gave money to (for example) id in order to obtain a license which would allow them to sell these ringtones legally to begin with?

I'm not sure... I'm not good at telling the difference between licensed products and bootleg products.

Honestly the question of its legality is dwarfed to me by the fact that if you own doom (which you should anyway, especially if you're questioning the morality of paying somebody other than the copyright holder for a piece of what you would get from buying their game) you already have access to the midi file. Any wad editing program, such as slade, will let you export the music lump out as a midi file, which you can use as your ringtone.

1 minute ago, Fonze said:

Honestly the question of its legality is dwarfed to me by the fact that if you own doom (which you should anyway, especially if you're questioning the morality of paying somebody other than the copyright holder for a piece of what you would get from buying their game) you already have access to the midi file. Any wad editing program, such as slade, will let you export the music lump out as a midi file, which you can use as your ringtone.

I own:

Doom 1 (The Ultimate Doom version)

Doom 2

Final Doom (both IWAD's)

Bought them all on Steam.

People actually still buy ringtones?  Wow!  Talk about a racket I wished I got in on! 

A decade ago I had a Samsung flip-phone, and I hated the ring-tones on it. For the life of me I could not figure out how to get it to use the music files I had put on it as a ring tone.

What did I do? Well, I used the built in sound recorder, played E1M1 on my computer, and held it up to the speaker. I was able to use the recorded file as a ring-tone. I was the coolest person in the same room that I was in when I did it.

Now I just use one of the .mp3s on my phone as a ringtone. Much easier.