Favorite primary weapon from reveal

Favorite weapon  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite weapon

• Shotgun
    • Super Shotgun
    • Chainsaw
    • Rocket Launcher
    • Heavy Cannon (heavy assault rifle replacement)
    • Plasma Rifle
    • Ballista
    • Dat sword

New plasma for sure.

The extra splash damage effect it seems to have is a nice touch, too.

The plasma rifle gave me the biggest "fuck yeah" impression upon first viewing but I also like the look of the Heavy Cannon too...especially the dark red color which gives a good contrast to the other weapons.

The combat shotgun is awesome. Looks much better than 2016 and has vastly improved upgrades/mods (especially gattling mode replacing the tri-shot)

The super shotgun and plasmagun are close second

I was going to vote plasma rifle, but I just didn't like the sound it makes.  Maybe we will get a improvement over that.  For now it is the Combat Shotgun and its automatic fire mode.

I really like the shotguns. I can see me obsessively using the ssg with the hook but also find the shotgun's burst(?) Mode very satisfying, especially how it rips the Mancubus apart.

Edited by Chezza

Best Plasma Rifle since the original Doom. I like it even more than Quake 2s hyper blaster, which was my second favorite since Dooms Plasma Rifle.

Mad nostalgia for the Rocket Launcher yo, that was my finest memories of the original Doom series. I liked the 2016 Rocket launcher but it just.... didnt look or sound right, the new on, ohhhhh yeah back to gibbing the shit out of those pesky Imp Bastards

On 10/11/2018 at 3:09 PM, Wakemare said:

Mad nostalgia for the Rocket Launcher yo, that was my finest memories of the original Doom series. I liked the 2016 Rocket launcher but it just.... didnt look or sound right, the new on, ohhhhh yeah back to gibbing the shit out of those pesky Imp Bastards

I don't like it, the demontech look is terrible

3 hours ago, CreamCheese said:

I don't like it, the demontech look is terrible

I too have mixed feelings about the looks of rocket launcher and ballista. On one hand I understand they want to make weapons look different but the Gothic/fantasy style of these 2 weapons (especially ballista) feel out of place for doom, even if they look very good on their own. However other weapons like combat shotgun, heavy cannon and plasma gun have a Hi-tech look and thus look awesome in doom

5 hours ago, Novaseer said:

Is the BFG10k not an option?

I excluded it because by the thread title "primary" meant a weapon you could conventionally hold.  I'm assuming the BFG10k can't be carried in its current form.  I guess I could edit it in though if you wanted it. 

I was impressed by all the showcased weapons in the Doom Eternal presentation. But what curled my toes was when the rapid fire mode for the shotgun was demonstrated.

So the new Chaingun and Pistol have yet to be revealed.  I wonder what changes we can expect.

1 hour ago, Zemini said:

So the new Chaingun and Pistol have yet to be revealed.  I wonder what changes we can expect.

And lets not forget the BFG (unless that big gun in Phobos is THE BFG)

1 hour ago, Zemini said:

My suspicion is the Chaingun will just be a mod for Heavy Cannon this time around, and instead of being carried underarm Jesse Ventura style it will be carried with a pistol grip B J Blaskowicz style.