Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grain of Salt

Which monster hater is most annoying?

Monster hater poll, aw yeah  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Which monster hater is most annoying?

• People who hate former humans
    • People who hate shotgunners
    • People who hate chaingunners
    • People who hate imps
    • People who hate demons
    • People who hate spectres
    • People who hate lost souls
    • People who hate cacodemons
    • People who hate hell knights
    • People who hate barons
    • People who hate mancubi
    • People who hate arachnotrons
    • People who hate revenants
    • People who hate pain elementals
    • People who hate archviles
    • People who hate cyberdemons
    • People who hate spiderdemons

Which group of players that hate a certain monster is the most annoying to you? Do you roll your eyes harder when people say "revs are bullshit" or "I won't play anything with archviles in it"?

As ever, joke answers like "commander keen" and "romero head" will result in a curse upon you lasting up to one thousand years.

Hard question, I've never thought of this before... I guess I feel like the anti-baron movement went a little too far. They are a lot more badass than hell knights, we still need to see them from time to time.

35 minutes ago, Memfis said:

Hard question, I've never thought of this before... I guess I feel like the anti-baron movement went a little too far. They are a lot more badass than hell knights, we still need to see them from time to time.

How are Barons more badass than HKs? Isn't literally the only difference the health?

10 minutes ago, VGA said:

How are Barons more badass than HKs? Isn't literally the only difference the health?

yeah, the only difference in terms of gameplay is the health, that's the baron's most notable quality. If you build your rooms accordingly you can get a LOT of value out of a few barons, because they make great "bullies"

30 minutes ago, Eris Falling said:

people who hate on other people's preferences of stuff to hate on

Ftfy :D

I voted on Revenaters. The reason is that myself, as a Archvilater (maybe minor), doesn't want myself to stand out there ;P

Due to relative high percentage of Chaingunnaters, Revenaters and Archvilaters, we can see these 3 particular enemies are the most annoying enemies in the game and mappers should definitely put more of these in their maps.

We’re hating on people who hate the demons which themselves are quite hateful. Hate perpetuation!

People who hate the blue keycard would really get on my nerves, but there aren't any because everyone loves that guy.</olddwmeme>

Chaingunner haters simply baffle me. Learn to strafe/aim/plan, ffs. I sometimes wonder if it's because they're using a port that "fixes" the blockmap "bug", so these guys miss less often than they should.

But the correct answer is of course arch-vile haters. I mean, come on.

I agree with Memfis that the anti-baron hatred is too much. There are those that will rant about how Barons should never be used (or Hell Knights, either, but the dislike seems to be less) and have no place in a modern Doom level. As NIH said, Barons are great enemies, if they are properly utilized. So, I suppose I would vote for the Baron haters.

I can understand:

• the people that hate revenants, if for no other reason then the seemingly random homing missile (at least random to me--it's not every time, it's not every other time, some of the missiles are just homing). Yes, I know, get better at dodging. Fine.
  • the people that hate chaingunners, since they can deal a lot of damage quickly, especially if you don't see them. Even if you do see them, and you miss with your first shot (especially if it's the SSG), you can still be in a world of hurt. That being said, I personally like chaingunners, at least as a mapper.
  • the people that hate archviles, what with the speed and the resurrecting dead enemies. I think the hate was spurred on by the mappers who decided it would be fun to release 1 or more archviles into already cleared areas after you were through them.

I don't get why anyone would hate former humans. That's like saying, "In Super Mario Brothers, the enemy I hate most is the goomba."

5 hours ago, Eris Falling said:

people who hate on other people's preferences

^

He should send that in to the Reader’s Digest. They’ve got a page for people like him.

8 hours ago, VGA said:

- sexier color.

- scarier sounds.

- "baron" in the name. they're dope!

1 hour ago, Phade102 said:

i've wandered into the weird part of doomworld again...

So.. the forums and all topics therein?