Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Havoc Crow

How do you use the various like buttons?

Most forums have only one "like" button, if even that. Doomworld, being four times as awesome as any other forum, naturally has four of them. My question: how do you make use of this wealth? Do you just click the Supercharge every time? Do you give every sphere equal airtime? Or do you have a more complex system in place?

My system is as follows:

• The Supercharge is a catch-all choice for good posts in general.
  • The Megasphere is reserved for truly epic posts. For example, well-written essays on game design or the Doom engine. I'd pay to read such things.
  • The Partial Invisibility is for hilariously clueless posts that are "so bad they're good". (The reason being that the poor author probably wishes to become "invisible" out of shame.)
  • And finally, the Invulnerability is for posts which are historically relevant ("immortal") but for whatever reason it feels improper to "like" them.

This must be the third thread on this subject that pops up. One of them with some answers:

1 hour ago, Ex Oblivione said:

It's simple. I see a good post, I smash that like button.

For someone with a pumpkin's face, you shouldn't be so liberal as to use the word "smash."

On 10/14/2018 at 3:53 PM, Ex Oblivione said:

Too late!

You can still change though! You wouldn't want to turn into small piles of putrid debris, would you? :)

15 minutes ago, KVELLER said:

You can still change though! You wouldn't want to turn into small piles of putrid debris, would you? :)

I can just bring down the console and use the resurrect command.