Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Baron-Of-Hell

Wintex 4.2

Ichor said:

What's the difference between versions 4.2 and 4.3?

I think the earlier versions of Wintex have files that are required to work the later versions properly...

So, the problem is that you can't get Wintex 4.3 to work, right? Unfortunately, I couldn't find version 4.2 anywhere. What happens when you try to run it?

No it does work, but none of them work as good 4.1 or 4.2, look at this, I recon this is the reason...
Wintex 4.1 has 12 files (works great)
Wintex 4.3 has 8 files (works pretty average)
Wintex 4.7 has 3 files (doesn't work at all)

Also if you want Memento Mori music that is not scrambled use Wintex 4.1 because it worked for me :)

I want Wintex 4.2 because I'm pretty sure it is just as good but has more options than 4.1...

Well, I couldn't find 4.2, but I did manage to find 4.1. Do you want that, or do you already have that one? By the way, there's a 4.7 now? I thought the latest was 4.5. Oh well...

Ichor said:

Well, I couldn't find 4.2, but I did manage to find 4.1. Do you want that, or do you already have that one?

Yes I already have that one but thanks anyway, maybe someone else here has...

Ichor also said:

By the way, there's a 4.7 now? I thought the latest was 4.5. Oh well...

Of course, if you want to take a look at 4.7 then you can go here... http://doortohell.tripod.com/

If you don't already have VBRUN300 then you should get this because Wintex does not work without it... http://www.1reviews.com/dll/vbrun.shtml

I think I found it. It happened to be on my old 3D Game Alchemy disk. Instead of emailing it to you, I'll just load it on my web site for a while. You can get it here.

thanks Ichor

im also having trouble with getting momento mori and reqruirem music scrambled, it sucks ass when i saveit to a midi.

also the version of wintex (4.5) im using refuses to read alien vendetta or nimrod music AT ALL. It also had troubles with heroes2.wad wich sucked ass cuz the music there is great

how do you unscramble the music?

Wintex 4.3 has that problem, too. I think it's because of how that music was added to the wadfile. XWE seems to have no real problems, though.

I have just got Wintex 4.7 to work, I had to unzip 4.1 and then unzip all the others over it, so you DO need some files from earlier versions after all! Oh yeah, thanks Ichor :)