Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Walter confetti

Deadly Standards 2: The E2 standard Community Project (ON IDGAMES!)

Been about 5 weeks without anyone posting, so thought I'd bump this to ask how things are progressing.

I've been slowly making progress on e2m8. Due to the scale and ambitious nature of what I'm trying to do, I'll try and have something playable by the end of the year. Hopefully that's not an issue.

I am sorry but I am dropping out of the project.

Especially since this project has been going on for so long all i have done is waste this projects time when someone more interested could have been working on it.

I really don't enjoy playing doom anymore and have no interest in doing anything with it.

Sorry again, goodbye and good luck.

I'd like to take that slot. I already have a map, too. Be back in a few minutes with link and pics.

Here's the map, Walter. This version plays on E2M5. I'm sending you this one because after I copy-pasted it into E2M6, a whole bunch of stuff got borked, and it will take some time to fix. So you can play this on E2M5 and decide whether you want it, while I fix the problems on the E2M6 version. Also, this map was originally made for a vanilla project, and i had to reduce some detail. I'd like to add that detail back, plus more, since your project is limit removing.

This is a large map with high monster count and a big secret area. I added a midi to it called TTS_UNTIM. I don't know who did it, so if anyone can identify the author, I'd appreciate it. I'd also be happy to replace it with a midi from Primeval.

Edit:Difficulty settings are implemented.

Here are some screenshots;

6FFiK67.png

dZnhZU6.png

iab5lNk.png

Pbf4EE2.png

us6DCQT.png

Edited by Steve D

Looks awesome!

Add you to the main list, going play the play soon...

EDIT: Played your map on hmp, finished in 25 minutes.

Is a pretty huge and open map, i really liked it. Only bug i found is a missing SFALL1 texture on linedef 2851 that may crash the level, you can replace it with some sladrip1 reworks (32 linedefs and 24/32 sector heights), i think to have posted somewhere here a example of what i'm talking about... Also i find there's too much ammo box near the end of the level imo.... 

Ah, i forgot: title of your map?

Edited by Walter confetti

Okay, here's the map, Dynamo Hum, now on E2M6.

So let me do this right;

Title: Dynamo Hum

Description: Large corrupted techbase

Build time: About 3 weeks

New music (if any): TTS_UNTIM

Tested with: PrBoom 2.5.1.4 and GZDoom 3.6.0

I added one secret in the Reactor Room and also fixed the line with the missing SFall texture. Thanks for catching it.

I'll start upping the detail sometime next week.

I actually sat down for an hour today and mapped. Still rocking some ideas so going to try them out.

This is nothing short of bloody amazing considering my current situation.

2 hours ago, NeedHealth said:

I actually sat down for an hour today and mapped. Still rocking some ideas so going to try them out.

This is nothing short of bloody amazing considering my current situation.

I hope you can make interesting secret exit to my map =)

12 hours ago, riderr3 said:

I hope you can make interesting secret exit to my map =)

Depends. Can't use an archvile jump or dummy players so was planning to have a secret key or something similar.

1 hour ago, NeedHealth said:

Depends. Can't use an archvile jump or dummy players so was planning to have a secret key or something similar.

Possibly hidden switches?

Anyways, my progress has been going quite well. About 45 % done with a map.

I was thinking about hidden switches actually as wrote the last post, but I'll probably refrain from that in this map. I believe I would have to make the switches visible from other points of the map to not be a major annoyance. That would be to much work, currently.

11 hours ago, NeedHealth said:

Or also trying with a "rocket jump" trick like in Mt. Erebus secret exit...

On 11/17/2018 at 1:06 AM, Walter confetti said:

Or also trying with a "rocket jump" trick like in Mt. Erebus secret exit...

That... might actually work. Randomly I had an idea I am going to try out. Actually also had a few more other ideas.

Last screeniess I will share before the full release of the map.

Fixed some details in the first one to look more natural.

Other than that, it is going very well. Hopefully, I'll finish this soon.

I came up with the name of the map: Ore Refinery

DOOM0000.png

DOOM0002.png

DOOM0001.png