Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Impie

Splatterhouse 3D - Full TC

those happy upbeat arcadey item pickup sounds will go great with the atmosphere :o

2 minutes ago, bonnie said:

those happy upbeat arcadey item pickup sounds will go great with the atmosphere :o

As opposed to the arcadey default Doom sounds?

Just now, Impie said:

As opposed to the arcadey default Doom sounds?

yea, probably

but surely those aren't the only sounds you could acquire best friend

50 minutes ago, bonnie said:

yea, probably

but surely those aren't the only sounds you could acquire best friend

Why wouldn't I use the ones from the Splatterhouse franchise in a Splatterhouse fan game? Powerup sounds are almost always abstract, may as well make it feel authentic.

3 hours ago, Impie said:

Why wouldn't I use the ones from the Splatterhouse franchise in a Splatterhouse fan game? Powerup sounds are almost always abstract, may as well make it feel authentic.

i had literally no idea that splatterhouse was a thing that existed!! i apologize for my transgressions.

i hope this cute text face makes up for it: ( /)w(\✿)

1 hour ago, Brewtal_Legend said:

Nice Impie. Will you add the shotgun too? Will the weapons be limited use/ dropped when hit?

It's already in there. Half the weapons are up-close and unlimited in uses. The other half are ranged, powerful, but need ammo.

screenshot_doom_20180404_153202.png?w=62

EDIT: Fixed a bug where the eating machine becomes permanently invulnerable (i think).

Edited by Impie

Dammit, and another mistake where an E2 boss appears in E1, which wasn't supposed to happen. Fixed.

1 hour ago, xvertigox said:

Sick! Is this a release candidate?

Whatcha mean? Like an official release?

I guess it's basically a demo update: boss area added to map 4, 2 more maps and intermissions added, music removed, gameplay/graphical tweaks. If you were wanting to make a video on it, go ahead and download the current version with the bugfixes I added an hour ago.

Ah, sweet. Yeah I was wondering how close this was to the official release. I'll def be making a video as I'm really keen to play this myself.

Hey i've played a couple of levels, and this is pretty cool, my only feedback it's that the original doom sounds such as the pinky sounds and textures feel a bit out of place.

Also this happens on my current configuration, blame it on my resolution

Spoiler

9xdX6Fc.jpg

But it's pretty good, nice work

Yeah the fist will look better if someone has a good replacement for it, or if i alter it to have the bicep "fade" into the foreground.

This is awesome man. This is very nostalgic for me: i loved playing Splatterhouse on the Sega Genesis when I was a kid. I think you're doing a great job of capturing the overall feel of Splatterhouse. Keep up the awesome work.

I have not seen this yet and, well... it looks amazing. I want to try this out asap.

URGENT UPDATE: Latest build has a retarded bug that replaces all the monsters with doom monsters. UGH. New update pending while I sort this out...

Okay, update:

-Fixed that annoying error that replaces all the monsters midway through. Should now be all Splatterhouse, all the time.

- Revamped the Howler enemy so he resembles his Splatterhouse 2 counterpart.

- Changed Rick's voice to make it deeper.

- Added alt-fire kick for most weapons. Might clue people in to try alt fires and stop wasting shotgun ammo (lol), and keep people from blowing themselves up with bombs in a panic.

Okay, new-NEW version up that should have all the monsters back to normal. I missed a couple monsters somehow, but I'm pretty sure I got them all now.

This is really good wad and i have lot of fun while playing. Level design is nice and have some nice and atmosheric visuals i really like. I like the moody atmosphere but map 3 feel bit disorienting to me and it took me a while to find out where to go and the ammo/health pickups are bitt low than it should be i think. But other than  that the gameplay feel tough enough and nicely balanced overral. I 'm missing some moody/creepy ambient music in backround of your maps, something like in psx/n64 doom. It would help set the atmosphere even better. Looking forward to finish this wad and have some more fun. I really like this wad.

Here is my first two maps playthrough:

On 10/22/2018 at 4:15 AM, Marlamir said:

Here is my first two maps playthrough:

Thanks man! I just updated the mod to tweak a few things, including a new fist graphic and an alt fire kick for most weapons.

Goddammit, a door in s1m5 requires a blue card instead of a blue skull and can't be opened. Fixing that in the next ten minutes.

It's done! I have now adapted the first and second games of the original Splatterhouse franchise. Episode 2 adds:

- New graphics for Rick's punch and kick!

- New monsters not featured in Episode 1!

- Six spooky new maps based on the Sega Genesis sequel: the ruins of West Mansion, the cursed elevator, the foul river, the hidden house, the subterranean temple, and a reinvention of Hell itself!

- New intermissions for Episode 1, and some updated enemy graphics for Bagman and Howler!

- Lots of little tweaks here and there!

Do take it for a spin, won't you? And let me know if anything is broken. Happy Halloween!