Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pegleg

A general list of players willing to be private playtesters for anyone

Sure, I'll throw my hat in the ring.

2/25/19 update: Currently I cannot test things due to technical problems. Will remove this once the issues are resolved.

Doomworld Handle: @Nevander

Skill Level: Can complete all IWADs on UV without major trouble, can complete most WADs on UV with varying level of difficulty. I use saves and freelook (unless specifically told to not use it). I always play continuously. I do NOT use jumping or crouching unless required by the map.

Preferred Difficulty Level: UV

Maximum Number of Maps in a Set: 32

Minimum Number of Maps in a Set: 1

Preferred Genre: Standard vanilla style maps, slaughtermaps, modern Boom/UDMF maps

Genres I Don't Like: Puzzle heavy WADs, cinematic heavy WADs, joke WADs and Terrywads, overly detailed maps, extensive weapon/monster mods

Preferred Source Ports: GZDoom, Chocolate Doom, PrBoom+

Source Ports Refused: Anything else that's not in the preferred list above

Demos or Written Comments: I don't really do demos unless asked to, will give thoughts in written form, and I am unable to do YouTube recorded runs (currently)

Notes: There's not really anything in maps that I hate, hate. Things may annoy me but it's not like I would refuse your WAD because you use 5 Cyberdemons in a room, for example. Just use them well and fairly.

Edited by Nevander

<-- Doomworld Handle

Skill level: I am versatile with anything from regular, to 90's, to slaughterfests, to Maximum Doom maps.

Preferred difficulty level(s): ITYTD/HNTR, HMP, AND UV. Yes, I play on each and every skill setting if applicable, except Nightmare but I'll probably play with Respawn monsters at the most

Maximum number of maps in a set: any and all

Minimum number of maps in a set: any and all

Preferred genres: I don't care

Genres you don't like: asshole wads

Preferred source ports: Basically anything that's boom-compatible

Source ports refused: anything obscure

Demos or written comments: actually don't know how to record anything at all like Nevander

Notes: I actually don't play this game as much as I used to but if I have a free hand I'll let you know by randomly playtesting your map without your permission.

Edited by NuMetalManiak

I like this idea. I think I'll throw in my lot.

Handle: Aquila Chrysaetos (it tends to be this or a variation thereof regardless of where I am)

Skill level: I play most maps on UV, pistol start, saveless, only certain wads like Stardate 20X7 make me save.

Preferred difficulty: UV

Number of maps in a set: Any

Genres you don't like: Slaughter is my least favorite, but I don't actively dislike it

Preferred souce ports: Chocolate Doom, Crispy Doom, Doom Retro, PRBoom, (G)ZDoom (up to GZD 2.4.0), Zandronum, Doom Legacy

Refused source ports: Anything that isn't listed or compatible with the above, GZDoom versions later than 2.4.0

Demos or written comments: Either

Notes: I tend to have a lot on my plate at one time, so I may be slow to test, but I will try to get around to it

Doomworld Handle: HAK3180

Skill Level: not as good as how long I've been playing, but I don't have too many problems with most maps, even if that means lower difficulties 

Preferred Difficulty Level(s): Whatever you most want tested. I usually do Hurt Me Plenty for longer sets if I'm recording.

Maximum Number of Maps in a Set: N/A

Preferred Genres: conventional-ish

Genres you don't like: super long slaughter, puzzle as a major component, extreme conversions, lots of punching

Preferred Source Ports: Crispy, GZDoom, PrBoom+, GlBoom+

Source Ports Refused:

Demos or written comments: Youtube videos with live spoken commentary are my thing (they can be FYEO), but I can do written commentaries as well.

Notes: You can immediately rule me out if jump or freelook is required. Freelook recommended is not a problem.

Edited by HAK3180

this is an awesome idea. @Pegleg

would you consider adding an empty template to the OP (in a spoiler maybe) with bolded item labels? to facilitate easy copy paste of the prompts, and the bold for easy scanning for readers

Doomworld Handle: meapineapple

Skill Level: I don't suck hopelessly, but I'm not that great. I die a lot.

Preferred Difficulty Level: Usually HMP, but I'll try UV on shorter maps.

Maximum Number of Maps in a Set: Any number, but if a WAD takes several hours to play then it's going to get spread across a month or more.

Minimum Number of Maps in a Set: One.

Preferred Genres: I like vanilla maps, and maps that emulate the vanilla style or build on it without ditching the principles completely.

Disliked Genres: Slaughtermaps, joke wads. I won't play with Brutal Doom.

Preferred Source Ports: PrBoom+, Zandronum. GZDoom is acceptable but not my preference.

Demos or written comments: I record videos with spoken commentary. (For example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVUGEQ8GtAs) I'm happy to summarize my thoughts in text as well.

Other Notes: I always play with freelook; playing Doom without it is weird and annoying. I'm not especially into newfangled ZDoom and GZDoom features, I get confused every time I'm confronted by ladders or swimmable water or mandatory jumping/crouching. I'm not a big fan of custom weapons and I'm likely to turn down any map in which they feature significantly.

i like the idea! i am here!

Doomworld Handle: Gaia74

Skill Level: i pass the difficulty maps like scythe 2 or some maps of chillax

Preferred Difficulty Level(s): First in ITYTD  and after in UV

Maximum Number of Maps in a Set: Any Number :P With Time

Preferred Genres: Difficulty Maps, Vanilla, And A Wads With New And Hard Bosses :P

Genres you don't like: n/a

Preferred Source Ports: Zandronum And Zdoom

Source Ports Refused: Crispy doom, Odamex, chocolate doom

Demos or written comments: I rarely record demon, but if you want I will try, and I also speak in Spanish so I doubt I will speak unless you speak in Spanish xd

Notes: only i hate maps with overdetail :P, Of course I will play maps with detail but if it occupies a good pc to be used, i cannot prove the map

Edited by Gaia74

I think something should be added to the list.  "Experience as mapper."

And I'm not saying that people who don't make maps don't make valuable testers, in fact you'd want a good mix of people who do and don't map.  But I think it's an important distinction to make.  Someone with experience in DB is going to have an easier time conveying the issues they encounter.

"This wall looks weird"

vs

"Line 233 has a misaligned upper texture"

Just food for thought.

Doomworld Handle: Antnee

Skill level: I can beat the originals/TNT/Plutonia on UV, but I can't do nightmare.

Preferred difficulty level(s): I usually stick with medium.  I go to UV if I like what I played the first time.

Maximum number of maps in a set:  Megawads are fine.

Minimum number of maps in a set: n/a

Preferred genres: I don't do slaughtermaps.  Anything else is fine.

Genres you don't like: Anything but slaughtermaps are fine.

Preferred source ports: d64EX, GZDoom

Source ports refused: Brutal Doom.  Sorry, just don't like it.

Demos or written comments: Comments.

Notes: Did I mention no slaughtermaps?  I also have mapping experience.  I don't like freelook at all, and if it requires freelook, I'm probably not down.

Edited by Antnee

• Doomworld Handle: leodoom85
  • Skill Level: I'm good enough to clear some megawads without saving or dying
  • Preferred Difficulty Level(s): UV and sometimes, Nightmare
  • Maximum Number of Maps in a Set: 32 (there are some megawads that have more maps like Dump 3 which has 80 maps)
  • Minimum Number of Maps in a Set: 1
  • Preferred Genres: Don't have a preferred genre. As long as the map is enjoyable, it's good enough for me.
  • Genres you don't like: Hmm...maps that drags way too long, if that's considered a genre lol.
  • Preferred Source Ports: I use PrBoom+, Zandronum and GZDoom more. I don't have the ultimate, favorite port to say that I like ;)
  • Source Ports Refused: I don't refuse ports but there are ports that I haven't tried like Chocolate Doom
  • Demos or written comments: I can provide demos to private playtesting or in the ironman sessions and also record videos and post them to Youtube.
  • Mapping Experience: Mapper from 3 years ago, did a good bunch of maps already and I know a bunch of it.
  • Notes: I can play whatever wad that I like, when I want, vanilla or modded. Can't complain really :)
Edited by leodoom85 : Adding map experience...

I like this idea. I'm totally open to play anything anyone wants to throw at me.

• Doomworld Handle: Spie812
  • Skill level: Scythe 2 and Kama Sutra on UV are my most recent difficult plays, judge that however.
  • Preferred difficulty level(s): UV preferred
  • Maximum number of maps in a set: no
  • Minimum number of maps in a set: 1
  • Preferred genres: I'll play anything, In particular, I like run and gun figure it out as you go kind of maps (see skillsaw). I also enjoy Go 2 It style chaotic slaughter.
  • Genres you don't like: I don't like TNT's gameplay or anything with health/ammo starvation.
  • Preferred source ports: Eternity, Prboom+
  • Source ports refused: Gzdoom but only really if there's tons of scripting and custom stuff.
  • Demos or written comments: Written comments definitely, demos depends on the difficulty.
  • Notes: I usually have enough time to play whenever, and I'm willing to play almost anything except the aforementioned heavily modded Gzdoom stuff. I try my best to make any comments constructive whether good or bad.

I'm no longer up for playtesting, sorry!

Doomworld Handle: NoReason, obviously, or just Nore for short.

Skill level: I can casually play Sunder, I enjoy Sunlust on UV, etc..

Preferred difficulty level(s): UV, but I'll play on any difficulty if it's necessary.

Maximum number of maps in a set: 47, but there's no real limit that's just the highest I've seen.

Minimum number of maps in a set: 1

Preferred genres: Slaughter wads, run and gun, anything challenging. I like grind to an extent.

Genres you don't like: Boredom, i.e. minimal gameplay, extensive puzzle solving, literally impossible maps with no exit.

Preferred source ports: Gzdoom, Zandronum, Prboom+ (including Glboom)

Source ports refused: Anything not listed above, not because I hate them but I'd rather not clutter up my source ports.

Demos or written comments: I'll do written commentaries, I'd like to do demos but I've never done them before.

Notes: I guess I'll add that I'm a mapper, nothing special but I might have a look at your wad in an editor if there's something up and I need to point it out.

Edited by NoReason : Change in ability to test.

• Doomworld Handle: @Lampenpam
  • Skill level: I play most wads on UV but I play with saves and prefer pistol start.
  • Preferred difficulty level(s): UV
  • Maximum number of maps in a set:
  • Minimum number of maps in a set:
  • Preferred genres: Custom textures, very detailed, gameplay mods, good difficulty progression, requiring jump/crouch
  • Genres you don't like: Slaughter, though I can handle a horde or a big finale at the end. 
  • Preferred source ports: Zandronum, GZDoom
  • Source ports refused: Anything but the above, I like a more modern look to my doom. 
  • Demos or written comments: Preffering written reviews.
  • Notes: I'm not a mapper

Edited by Lampenpam

Sure.

Doomworld Handle: AD_79

Skill Level: UV for the majority of sets, though I have no issue dropping down to lower settings if necessary, and in fact enjoy doing so at times.

Preferred Difficulty Level(s): See above.

Maximum Number of Maps in a Set: Map length varies heavily so this isn't useful info. Let's just say what you want me to test shouldn't take more than an hour and a half, maybe two hours at most. For what it's worth, I'm a moderately fast player.

Minimum Number of Maps in a Set: See above.

Preferred Genres: I can enjoy pretty much anything. Though, if your map is super-hard, don't expect much unless I'm testing a lower difficulty setting. I am by no means an exceptional player.

Genres you don't like: n/a

Preferred Source Ports: PRBoom+

Source Ports Refused: All others (unless I guess you want me to help with vanilla testing, then I will do an additional test in CRL).

Demos or written comments: Written, as detailed as I can provide.

Notes: I like unconventional ideas and/or stuff that feels new and fresh. Surprise me!

• Doomworld Handle: GarrettChan
  • Skill level: I think I'm a decent player. Maybe see here.
  • Preferred difficulty level(s): UV, sometimes NM
  • Maximum number of maps in a set: 20, more if shorter maps
  • Preferred genres: Probably most of the genres, but I would like to play shorter maps (around 10 min when doing a run, or around 45 min when blind)
  • Genres you don't like: Ambiguous thing hunt gameplay like Eternal Doom or too many customized monsters
  • Preferred source ports: PrBoom+
  • Source ports refused: Any port that doesn't act as original behaviors, like GZDoom
  • Demos or written comments: Demos and written comments are both fine to me. I can also do videos for the maps.
  • Notes: I'm not a mapper, but I can offer quite a lot of views from a player's perspective. Things which can run on PrBoom+ are pretty much good for me. Also, I like to do stupid things like UV Max/Reality runs from time to time.

Doomworld Handle: Obake

Skill level: Usually play on UV, though I can playtest other skill levels if a level is simply too taxing.

Preferred difficulty level(s): Usually UV

Maximum number of maps in a set: Any

Minimum number of maps in a set: Any

Preferred genres: Interesting GZdoom or UDMF projects, though nothing too taxing on the computer.

Genres you don't like: Anything Terry, or HDoom-esque

Preferred source ports: GZdoom

Source ports refused: None

Demos or written comments: I don't know how to do demos, but I can certainly write my thoughts on maps, and record videos, too.

Notes: I've been mapping for Doom since 2012. I also love writing and reviewing, so playtesting maps and giving thoughts on them is something I would like to do.

Okay, sure.

Doomworld Handle: eharper256

Skill level: A commoner. Sunlust on I'm too Young to Die is way too hard for me.

Preferred difficulty level(s): HMP

Maximum number of maps in a set: Any number, but if a huge megawad, give me a couple of days to finish it.

Minimum number of maps in a set: N/A

Preferred genres: Levels trying out new texture sets, concepts and mapping ideas. Maps that are short and punchy, scythe 1 style.

Genres you don't like: Slaughterwads and Terrywads.

Preferred source ports: GZDoom

Source ports refused: Nothing as such.

Demos or written comments: I'm happy to give you detailed written reviews with comments. I can also provide a recorded .flv if wanted, but I've never got my head around making FDA's.

Notes: I've played doom since a kid in 93, but I'm still not great at it, I'm naturally a strategy gamer TBH, but this allows me to give you a common joe perspective of lower difficulty levels. Also, by default, I play with a laundry list of mods. If requesting, please specify if you want vanilla testing, or else I will default to Trailblazer, Tomtefar Brutal, Weapons of Saturn, or Argent.

Edited by eharper256

Doomworld Handle: bemused

Skill Level: I can faceplant my way through most things given enough time

Preferred Difficulty Level(s): UV, HMP for obscenely difficult stuff

Maximum Number of Maps in a Set: 5

Preferred Genres: "My first map"

Genres you don't like: Casual gameplay, exploration based swiitch hunts

Preferred Source Ports: PrBoom+, GZdoom if the map looks particularly charming

Source Ports Refused: everything else

Demos or written comments: I can record a demo, and will write a load of crap in a text file for you to ignore

Notes: I only really wanna test out peoples first maps, because they dont conform to expectations and usually end up being pretty amusing. I also make grindy slaughtermaps so have a fair amount of editor experience

Edited by bemused

I'm bumping this thread to move it back up to the early pages. Currently, it's sitting in the middle of Page 32, so moving it earlier might introduce it to more people who could gain some use from it, especially with some of the new additions to the OP.

Skill level: not too bad, a bit reckless sometimes maybe

Preferred difficulty level(s): UV, HMP

Maximum number of maps in a set: any, but be prepared to wait if they're long and there's buckets of em

Minimum number of maps in a set: any

Preferred genres: I'm easy, but mainly prefer casual wads with an emphasis on story and loads of atmosphere

Genres you don't like: none, I'll test pretty much anything

Preferred source ports: PrBoom+, skulltag

Source ports refused: any GL accelerated port (for streaming), will use glboom for LMP files

Demos or written comments: demos and twitch streams

Notes: Ive mapped a fair bit for various games over the last couple of decades or so, mostly doom though.  The most modern doom style game I've played is half life 2, so I feel kind of unspoilt by modern games, mainly due to low quality hardware my end.  Due to this I can't stream with any GL accelerated port, so use glboom for demos only, and a random version of skulltag for streaming

• Doomworld Handle@Vyre
  • Skill Level: I play most wads on UV with pistol starts, usually saveless. I may drop to HMP if a particular wad is really kicking my ass (Stardate I'm looking at you).
  • Preferred Difficulty Level(s): UV/HMP
  • Maximum Number of Maps in a Set: Anything goes.
  • Minimum Number of Maps in a Set: Anything goes.
  • Preferred Genres: Experimental, surreal/abstract, puzzle, standard run-and-gun
  • Genres you don't like: Heavy slaughtermaps
  • Preferred Source Ports: PrBoom+, Eternity, GZDoom
  • Source Ports Refused: N/A
  • Demos or written comments: I prefer giving written feedback but can record demos if needed (no voiceover).
  • Mapping Experience: I have no public releases under my belt but I have a few months' experience making limit-removing maps for my own amusement.
  • Notes: I'm currently a bit busy so I may take a little while to playtest your wad, but I guarantee feedback in a reasonable amount of time.

This thread calls for private messages or other not so public communication, so the very nature of it will see that it will continue to get buried. I think it could be very valuable though, so by all means, Pegleg, continue to find reasons to bump it. It would be nice stickied, but not everything can be; I wonder if it could be linked in the sticky thread for new mappers that gets quoted multiple times a day.

• Doomworld Handle: galileo31dos01

• Skill Level: Average, neither speedy nor a turtle, not the best reflexes. At times I surprise myself. I can handle varied levels of difficulty, e.g. Doom 2 UV, Sunlust HMP or UV, Quantum Strike HNTR or HMP. Usually play with saves everything new to my eyes. Important note, I only use keyboard.

• Preferred Difficulty Level(s): UV or HMP, depending on the case. I can test skills 2-3-4 if needed.

• Maximum Number of Maps in a Set: If it's a megawad or a compilation I get too hyped for, I may only test a few of the maps to find potential bugs, and not thoroughly. No restrictions though, however the more maps the longer it'll take, of course.

• Minimum Number of Maps in a Set: 1

• Preferred Genres: I don't even know how many genres exist, less which categories most maps fall into. Put it this way, action leveled on Plutonia is my jam, non-straightforward quasi-gimmicky may pick my attention, where atmosphere prevails I like to disconnect from just murdering monsters, and slaughter's ambiguity has its exceptions, something like Flotsam I can dig it, but Sunder-lengthy might get me extra tired, however the way I'd like to know in advance what the map is about.

• Genres you don't like: Joke wads are out. Same as mods, unless integrated and gameplay doesn't deviate too much from the original, e.g. Paradise by Tango. Platforming is debatable, actually I'd rather not, watching people play Toilet of the Gods map 04 is like listening to a cat scratching a whiteboard, I get a little too anxious. Rocket-jumping goes there too. There exist "No health/Reality" maps out there, so nope. I have a strong distaste for "absence of armor" to "improve difficulty", which usually reads as "nomnom shotgunners feed me with your 45% damage milk".

• Preferred Source Ports: Crispy Doom and PRBoom+. I'm open to Chocolate Doom, though I tend to see visuals uglier. For GZDoom it has to run in older versions, not require hardware renderer, otherwise I'd have to use another computer that supports advanced options which usually someone else is using all the day, you are far better choosing someone else honestly.

• Source Ports Refused: At the moment ZDaemon, Eternity... what else is out there?

• Demos or written comments: Written feedback, demos only if explicitly required or casual testing. Blind FDAs for giggles.

• Mapping Experience: Basic vanilla and boom. Can use SLADE and a little bit of WhackED. 

• Notes: I play the maps casually once on a specific skill level (UV first), then check other skills if implemented and finally a patient -nomo walkthrough looking for visual things to be fixed. I like to address anything that I personally feel could use some tweaking, in favor of gameplay of course (so as long as it keeps true to the mapper's intentions). I also take my time, so if it's an urgency, please consult your doctor be up-front and we'll see how we could organize our times. I may not be available to playtest whenever I have other doomy duties in the moment.
Edited by galileo31dos01 : even more notes

Doomworld Handle: DynamiteKaitorn (Dynamite for short ^_^)

Skill Level: I'm not the sort of guy who can beat Dark souls blind whilst half-drunk. I prefer more simpler games like Stardew Valley >_>.

Preferred Difficulty Level(s): Hurt Me Plenty [HMP]

Maximum Number of Maps in a Set: 32+ (I usually prefer to know HOW many maps there are but if it exceeds something like 50-60 then I'll give up from boredom)

Preferred Genres: I like maps where the balance is tipped in my favour but sometimes a good strategy/puzzle map can be fun! Provided it's not Hexen levels of puzzle.

Genres you don't like: SLAUGHTERMAPS!

Preferred Source Ports:  I can use Chocolate, Crispy, Z/GZ/LZ/QZDooM and PRBooM+ but I stick with GZDooM.

Source Ports Refused: Probably literal vanilla just due to access :l

Demos or written comments: Sure I can do Demo's but I'd like to know if I can type as I play. I'm quite goofy. ^w^

Mapping Experience: I've been working with DB2 since like 2012. Moved onto GZDB in like 2015/2016 and then I released my TMoD series. Now I'm just using GZDBBF.

Notes: Typically I'll try to break down what I do and don't like about any wad I play and then add a score out of 10 at the end. Also I'm working on getting a job IRL so I maaay be absent every once in a while til things smooth out. Lastly if you expect me to play Slaughtermaps... Unless I'm reviewing Go2It you might as well skip me. I WILL just end up cheating through it. Also IDO have my DooM projects I'm slowly chipping away at.

Why not? Would be a cool start to meeting other people through playtesting:

Doomworld Handle: Rhebiz (Rhe for short)

Skill level: Ive beaten a few slaughtermaps (So pretty decent?)

Preferred difficulty level(s): Everything except for NM

Maximum number of maps in a set: 5

Minimum number of maps in a set: 1

Preferred genres: Sprawling & confusing techbases.

Genres you don't like: Non Doom maps

Preferred source ports: GZDoom

Source ports refused: None

Demos or written comments: Written feedback through whatever platform of communication.

Mapping Experience: No released projects yet but I am making a few maps

Notes: I have a good bit of OCD so I will look for mistakes down to the knitty gritty. I will tell you what I dont like, what I like, and what others may like in the maps shown to me.

Doomworld Handle: xvertigox (vertigo/vrt)

Skill level: Decent and trying to improve. Playing through Sunlust with no saves just grinding away

Preferred difficulty level(s): High difficulty preferred. I like challenging wads. End levels of Scythe being brilliant IMO

Maximum number of maps in a set: 32 - within reason. If they're super long maps or just schlock slapped together then it'd be difficult

Minimum number of maps in a set: 0 - I'll test your titlepic np

Preferred genres: Any and all

Genres you don't like: I'm open minded

Preferred source ports: Crispy/PrBoom+/GZDoom

Source ports refused: None

Demos or written comments: Can provide demos, videos, written comments and, depending on the project, commentated videos.

Mapping Experience: Some but I'm pretty shit - still learning.

Notes: Happy to playtest whatever pretty much.

• Doomworld Handle: Noiser
  • Skill level: I think I'm a regular player.
  • Preferred difficulty level(s): HMP and UV.
  • Maximum number of maps in a set: Idk. Probably just a few.
  • Preferred genres: Good combat flow, set-pieces, interesting gimmicks, unconventional gameplay, run and gun, light\casual puzzles.
  • Genres you don't like: Reloading mechanics.
  • Preferred source ports: Crispy Doom, ZDoom and Chocolate
  • Source ports refused: I can't play GZDoom-exclusives filled with excessive effects, it demands too much from my pc. PSX-styled maps are ok.
  • Demos or written comments: Written comments. My english is not very good, but I will give the best feedback I can.
  • Notes: I'm familiarized with mapping.
Edited by Noiser

Doomworld Handle: Odorousbag87

Skill level: Friends say I am a veteran (been playing seriously since the early 2000s). But really I would say intermediate. 

Preferred difficulty level(s): Ultra Violence. I have beaten all of Doom (I & II) from a pistol start and currently working on Momento Mori I. However, I have tried harder wads on UV in vanilla like Tar Tar (or something) and got my butt handed to me. 

Maximum number of maps in a set: I youtube all of the single map wads I can get my hands on. Normally, you will see me on your post with a youtube video. That being said. For a single video, I ask that you do 3 maps at the maximum. Otherwise, I can put you in my stream on Wednesdays and Saturdays. I am also down to doing longer playthroughs and not show stuff off, meaning NDA.

Minimum number of maps in a set: 1 I guess...

Genres you don't like: Anything but Slaughter...if slaughter..tell me the preferred weapon mods. Otherwise, go nuts, I want to see what you are capable of. 

Preferred source ports: GZDoom, Zdoom. But flexible. 

Source ports refused: If it dooms I will play it. 

Demos or written comments: I don't really do demos. I use OBS to record playthroughs. But will provide comments.

Mapping Experience: None, but would like to use playtesting as an idea of where to start. 

Notes: I love everything Doom in a sense. I think my playtesting style represents the average playing experience and how it affects the flow of maps. A lot of my comments are going to be more like "I wish there were more enemies here" or "Man an SSG would have been really helpful". Over "This texture is not aligned" "You didn't flag this enemy correctly". In otherwords, I review and comment on what I have experience with. I have played everything from Sycthe to Plutonia 2 (though need to work on vanilla playthroughs). Brutal Doom to Guncaster. Combined Arms...you get the hint. More than likely you'll see me show up on new map maker posts with a video. I am more than happy to play and comment as if I am reviewing a video game over looking for technical prowess. I focus on fun-factor and playability over textures and programming. I will say most of where I have posted I have gotten generally positive feedback. 

You have my mouse!

Doomworld Handle: @eirc

Skill level: Doom noob (played in 1994 and again in 2019), experienced gamer, trihard. I always do pistol start UV and use saves outside of combat, determined enough to handle a ton of deaths

Preferred difficulty level(s): UV, willing to do anything for playtesting purposes if needed

Maximum number of maps in a set: ~ episode length

Minimum number of maps in a set: 0

Preferred genres: Slaughter, Puzzle (combat/layout based), Fast paced action, anything not mentioned in I-don't-like

Genres you don't like: Excessive platforming, Mazy layouts, Puzzle (switches/untelegraphed stuff/sudoku), Gameplay/weapon/monster mods (I can handle small scale changes)

Preferred source ports: GZDoom, GLBoom+

Source ports refused: All except preferred

Demos or written comments: Written feedback, video from blind dying in the first room to uvmax (without commentary)

Mapping Experience: Made a couple maps, will make more.

Notes: I want to tell you what I liked and what I didn't on your map so you can get motivation from the likes and improve on the dislikes. Obviously always take it with a grain of salt! I also just like to play obscure stuff so your map's my delight.

I'll jump on this too.

Doomworld Handle: Arbys550

Skill level: I can pretty much play anything. The only map I've never been able to finish is Italo doom map10.

Preferred difficulty level(s): I will play whatever difficulty you want, I usually play UV

Maximum number of maps in a set: 100

Minimum number of maps in a set: 1

Preferred genres: Slaughter, adventure, puzzle, platforming, experimental, pretty much anything

Genres you don't like: None, as long as it's doom

Preferred source ports: I prefer GLBoom+, but can do zandronum and zdoom as well

Source ports refused: GZDoom, it crashes on my laptop for some reason, anything other than what I have listed above

Demos or written comments: If it is compatible with GLBoom+, I can do an FDA, I will provide written comments on every map

Mapping Experience:  have been mapping for about 7 years, working on a wad presently

Edited by Arbys550