• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
paymentplan

Moonblood demos [-complevel 9]

10 hours ago, GarrettChan said:

Map07 UV Max/Reality in 5:56

mb07r556.zip

Why, Deadwing, why!? Why you need put a Rad Suit in such edgy position that sometimes you can get without taking damage but sometimes not. I hate you. Wait, no, I'm just kidding. ;P

Knowing that the fact you'll take damage from pain sector when your gun swings to the top, I managed to make a rather long run through the pain sector on Plutonia Map08, but this one is longer than that one. Fortunately, I used the corner with the lamp to setup my timing and use SR50 to get the Rad Suit reliably. (Of course, I've tried many other ways, but none of those is reliable). Yeah, it's sort of ridiculous that I tried so hard to make this work, but I love it when it works.

BTW, a funny thing is that the Arachnotron around 3:35 will be mostly cornered by a Demon/Spectre and gets killed. Out of 10 times, the Arachnotron only wins once.

You must be the Doom Jesus walking on the nukage like that :)

Map18 (e4m3) UV-max in 5:36

mb18-536.zip

Deleted the lmp file from the flash by accident and had to recover it. This isn't strange considering that I'm not happy with the demo :)

Map25 (e5m5) UV-max in 7:26

mb25-726.zip

Awesome men! I still have to see maps 28 onwards, but the whole playthrough so far has been amazing! D:

Congrats on finishing the whole thing. Moonblood was pretty high quality one-man WAD out there. It's sad that it didn't get a Cacoward.

Last thing

Map31 UV-max in 4:26

Map32 UV-max in 7:40

mb31-426.zip

mb32-740.zip

Gentlemen! The most important thing I want to say is thank you for your support and at least some interest.

The idea was to diligently max a megawad in a month. Map number in accordance with calendar date. I almost didn't search a wad, was too lazy to create a topic about choosing, although should've done it.
 Late september I was looking towards the 2017 Cacoward "No End In Sight", but after short excursion in the discussion thread I dowloaded Moonblood and played map26 saveless and checked monstercount for half of the maps. Then began gradually built routes one after another. The decisive moment in all this in fact is about mantaining the quality and recording decent maxes. Make one good demo for each map.
 I approximately made 3000 conscious max attempts for the wad all-in-all, including very short ones. Due to the timing I could just make more casual runs to stay sane. On the other hand as a wad Moonblood gives an opportunity to complete my desired goal with just a little more (kind of) effort.
 Finally, I'd say, like don't try this at home or if you hoping to only have fun. In exactly such form I'd never want to make another similar thing. Probably this doesn't apply to any speedrunner out here.

On 10/30/2018 at 6:46 PM, GarrettChan said:

Congrats on finishing the whole thing. Moonblood was pretty high quality one-man WAD out there. It's sad that it didn't get a Cacoward. 

It is quite a feat to make a megawad for sure. I've always been amazed about such things.

Awesome @Player177 ! It was amazing to see the demos, even though there was a lot of effort to make them. I would never imagine seeing my maps played that way, in routes I didn't think it would be possible and some really surprising shortcuts! Rdwpa also did some "casual runs" in the DWClub thread and it was amazing as well. Thanks a lot for everything! 

16 hours ago, Bob9001 said:

I can't keep records for any map can I? :/

At first I thought to skip all maps with already existing maxes on DSDA for Moonblood. Besides, planned to skip somebody's new appeared records (like if you will make some max for map 21 and at that time I'll be on map 15) while I would still be catching up going through the wad.
 On the other hand it would be strange not to start maxing the first maps, as aside from all other things I wanted to beat a whole megawad once, not fill the table or add some runs. So far there were maxed only 6 maps. So I've decided to move from 1 to 32 and make a record for every map and even if some matchless run would appear on the way I'd continue posting slower records just for checkmark.
 This question was solved back then and later I don't even thought about it for a second and there was no reason for that, but now you suggest me to remove some demos to keep your records? :/

1 hour ago, Deadwing said:

Awesome @Player177 ! It was amazing to see the demos, even though there was a lot of effort to make them. I would never imagine seeing my maps played that way, in routes I didn't think it would be possible and some really surprising shortcuts! Rdwpa also did some "casual runs" in the DWClub thread and it was amazing as well. Thanks a lot for everything! 

Thanks for comment and Moonblood. Maybe there will be more demos. After I recorded the first half of the wad I stopped reading the DWClub reviews and commentary, but I saw most of the demos from there and it would be nice if rdwpa's UV-maxes will get into the Archive. Such threads like DWClub are the best. I'm actually had some questions to ask you but the process swallowed me up 

A bit more uv-max demos marked by me during the recordings. Mostly some exits that I've improved.

~500kb mb-max-attempts.zip

1 hour ago, Player177 said:

but I saw most of the demos from there and it would be nice if rdwpa's UV-maxes will get into the Archive.

Those runs are mostly casual playthroughs, usually done in short time windows. 07 was the only one that was routed/grinded in the spirit of a run, but I spent ~30 minutes total on it and it's nothing special. All were done "just for fun" in the context of DWMC participation.

17 hours ago, Player177 said:

At first I thought to skip all maps with already existing maxes on DSDA for Moonblood. Besides, planned to skip somebody's new appeared records (like if you will make some max for map 21 and at that time I'll be on map 15) while I would still be catching up going through the wad.
 On the other hand it would be strange not to start maxing the first maps, as aside from all other things I wanted to beat a whole megawad once, not fill the table or add some runs. So far there were maxed only 6 maps. So I've decided to move from 1 to 32 and make a record for every map and even if some matchless run would appear on the way I'd continue posting slower records just for checkmark.
 This question was solved back then and later I don't even thought about it for a second and there was no reason for that, but now you suggest me to remove some demos to keep your records? :/

I was half joking but that's alright you earned the records :)

On 11/1/2018 at 8:02 PM, rdwpa said:

Those runs are mostly casual playthroughs, usually done in short time windows. 07 was the only one that was routed/grinded in the spirit of a run, but I spent ~30 minutes total on it and it's nothing special. All were done "just for fun" in the context of DWMC participation. 

Seems too easy for you, but I got weary maxing it, mb because the routes are different. And your time is faster than my. I have a termless request for you - make a new max run for this map. I think it will lead to the appearance of an impressive max. :)

On 11/2/2018 at 7:42 AM, NaturalTvventy said:

Yes please. 

I definitively need to play this megawad sometime

On 11/2/2018 at 11:23 AM, Bob9001 said:

I was half joking but that's alright you earned the records :)

I understood that, but imagined the situation where the first who managed to make a max remains the one&only on the DSDA and some other things :)

Awesome playthroughs!

It must have been hell to play the levels in nightmare! D:

Really impressive!

Map01 UV-Tyson in 1:06 - mb01t106.zip

I wish the turret imp outside didn't exist, having to stop to pistol him is the only thing that breaks up this being a 100% satisfying tyson map.