Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Insomniak

Beer

Tonight, I'm drinking my first beer.

It's in the cooler, under my feet. The big thing is that

a) i'm underage, even in Canada (min. age 18)

b) my parent's don't drink beer.

with A, i'm ok. I didn't buy it, and i'm drinking it in private. With B, however, some problems arise. It's left over from last thanksgiving (in October up here, americans), my parent's won't drink it (seeing how my uncle from Ontario bought it back then). They just don't like the the taste, and they're devoted christians.

Anyways, i've never drinken one before. I don't know what it will taste like, if i'm going to like or hate it, if i'll get drunk, etc.

God, I bet I sound like a grade A loser posting this on the forums. :Þ

Anyways, post your beer-related stories here, along with any good drinking songs, songs to listen to while you're drinking, and any words of wisdom.

kthxbye.

If it's a rich, creamy flavor-type beer such as Ricker's Red or Sleeman's Honey Brown, or a Mexican import, then you'll probably like it. It's most likely domestic, so it'll probably taste like sewer water to you.

I've never had more than a couple of ounces of beer at a time, but I have a sense for these sorts of things.

By whose standards? Schoolyard kids' standards? Baha. Bahahahahaha. Wow, if you're a loser, it's only because you take what they say for more than Enron value.

AndrewB said:

If it's a rich, creamy flavor-type beer such as Ricker's Red or Sleeman's Honey Brown

ok...

or a Mexican import

Most Mexican beers suck. If you are thinking of Corona you're a moron.

Being from America automatically excludes anyone from having any opinion on beer whatsoever. By the way, I've never tasted any specialty type beers.

Drinking age is 16 over here. I just turned 18 last month, though I think I'll just stick with Dr Pepper, cigarettes and the occasional Big Fat Joint(tm).

AndrewB said:
Being from America automatically excludes anyone from having any opinion on beer whatsoever. By the way, I've never tasted any specialty type beers.

Who? Ling?

AndrewB said:

Uh...the last few World's Greatest Beer Drinker awards have gone to Americans (they answer an assload of beer questions and stuff). People from all over the world take place in the contest however.

OK,

just to clear some things up

Yes, it is a domestic beer.

It tastes like crap. I don't know if this is because it's local, a bad batch, expired, or if it's the kind (india pale ale)

it has a slightly sweet taste at first, but then has a rather bad aftertaste that makes me sick.

heh

in other news, can somebody help me get back on IRC? I got k-lined after so many people were talking about #blah and I "accidently" got k-lined.

Big difference between "mass market" domestic beer and "micro-brew" domestic beer. There are quite a few microbreweries back in Utah, which is funny considering... Anyway, Polygamy Porter ownz your ass.

I don't think I've had a beer for something like six weeks (that was in Germany - my host offered, and it would have been impolite to refuse...). I don't really have much of a craving for alcohol these days. I don't recall my first beer - I've been drinking beer for as long as I remember, though the earliest were sips from adults' glasses. Perhaps my first full pint was at some family wedding when I was about eight, but I was quite accustomed to the taste of it by then.

There was one time when I was at a pub in northern England together with a Russian girl (c. 20 years old) who had never had a beer ever (I found this most bizarre at the time). She asked for a cup of tea, but sadly they didn't have any, so it was beer (Boddingtons IIRC) or nothing. After one sip, she decided on "nothing".

Actually, some of my favourite beers are ones by Amerian microbreweries. I particularly liked those of the Flying Dog Brewery in Aspen (e.g. the Doggie Style and the Greyhound Honey Beer).

Go for Heineken, not the export version Americans get to drink (green bottles), which is not bad at all, but go for the original Dutch version (brown bottles). Yum yum. German and Belgian beers are good too.

Insomniac said:

Nope, not at all, However me do be being sounded like a Grade-A lüser, let alone an Grade-A moron.

Insomniac then said:

Anyways, post your beer-related stories here, along with any good drinking songs, songs to listen to while you're drinking, and any words of wisdom

..Well, theres the Beer Song...

Insomniac said:

in other news, can somebody help me get back on IRC? I got k-lined after so many people were talking about #blah and I "accidently" got k-lined.

The K-Line only lasts up to a week, since the timers are random. So, obviously, since you were not the luckly lotto retard, you didn't get the 24 hour timer, you probably got a week.

Insomniac said:

I got k-lined after so many people were talking about #blah and I "accidently" got k-lined.

heh, another one down the hatch :P irc bad, k-line gooood :P

what's the story behind #blah, anyone?

oh yeah, and not to get too off-topic, i'm a bit addicted to beers from the czech breweries :P dane beer is also great. finnish beers are quite lame.

I wish I would live in a country that people would care about alcohol age restrictions... I finland over half of the kids at age 13 start drinking, and much. I've never drinked alcohol at all and I don't even want to.

I only drink at social events, which isn't very often - I'm usually not too fond of alcoholic drinks anyway.
I actually got my first beer about a month before I reached legal drinking age (which is 16) when I was in Praque with my school class.

Heineken tastes like sewage water, just as it should ;-) other fav's: Duvel, Leffe, Lambiek, Bavaria, de Koninck, Hertog Jan, Wieckse Witte and some more...

Disorder said:

You take that back right now!
Heineken does NOT taste like that!! :P

My sincere apologies to you and to the people who read my post and called me to say to change it!!

I ATONE FOR MY SHAME

IN HEINEKEN WE TRUST and, as promised: HEINEKEN ZIJT MET ONS

just one word. TUBORG!!! :P
the best beer ever :)

But anyway, after some beers you can't taste it anymore...

The first beer I had was a room temperature Heineken; I thought all beer tasted that bad.
I soon learned you were supposed to drink it cold and that there were others way better then Heineken.

I don`t drink much beer anymore but when I do it`s mostly 'Brand Bier'
(because it`s cheap...)

Maybe all the dutch doomworlders could get together and have a beer sometime?!
:-P

m0l0t0v said:

/me thinks that's an excellent idea!

m0l0t0v said:

Ok, upcoming saterday at m0l0t0v's place, he's paying. See you saterday. :-)

Do we really want to meet eachother in real life? Somehow I think we'd all get dissapointed. ;-)