Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pan

NILUM Challenge continues on Facebook (Reddit banned me)

Hopefully the AI doesn't ban this post.

The NILUM challenge was to continue on Reddit...but;

It was banned by the AI. So it now continues on Facebook;

Kill the AI!

Happy hunting :)

Doomworld has a status update feature for low-content threads that don't fit within any particular subforum. It can be accessed by viewing your profile. 

2 minutes ago, Fonze said:

Your map wasn't even banned from DoomWorld.

Try replying to the Nilum thread and I think you'll find it's forbidden because daddy said you're not allowed to play Nilum

I just died 50 minutes in after killing 1000 monsters. Seems like there should be enough time to finish. And I guess my posts about the health balance were overly dramatic, it actually isn't that bad if you know the environment well. I'm starting to see some hope.

Just now, Memfis said:

I just died 50 minutes in after killing 1000 monsters. Seems like there should be enough time to finish. And I guess my posts about the health balance were overly dramatic, it actually isn't that bad if you know the environment well. I'm starting to see some hope.

My man!

Of course people can play Nilum, and you are perfectly free to have a thread for people to playtest your map. You simply cannot hold out an open-ended bounty to pay money to another Doomworld member unless you are prepared to ensure that someone actually gets paid that money within one week.

I'm not sure why this is so difficult. If someone wants to offer money to Doomworld forum members, great! Please do! Please throw money around! But if you are offering to pay someone money for a bounty then you have to be serious and you have to be willing to put something on the line to prove that you are not going to jerk people around or try to rules-lawyer your way out of it. The easiest way to do this is a hard time limit.

11 minutes ago, Linguica said:

Of course people can play Nilum, you simply cannot hold out an offer to give money to another Doomworld member unless you are prepared to ensure that someone actually gets that money within one week.

I'm not sure why this is so difficult. If someone wants to offer money to Doomworld forum members, great! Please do! Please throw money around! But if you are offering to pay someone money for a bounty then you have to be serious and you have to be willing to put something on the line to prove that you are not going to jerk people around or try to rules-lawyer your way out of it. The easiest way to do this is a hard time limit.

You must've missed my previous competition where I paid Ancalagon, Memfis and Player177 .

I've paid out people 3 times in the past and everybody had fun. I can understand that people find this map very scary and very hard, but pretending that I don't pay my prizes so that you don't have to participate in the challenge comes across as a bit yellow. 

Pan, can you show your own playthroughs of previous maps, and of this one when contest ends? I think you create insane map and can't beat it, so you find way to have fun of other people. For example you didn't find NILUM bugs by yourself. You said you have done it 100%. How you did it if there were non-reachable monsters and it was not you who found them? You made it 100%, but other people found bugs, which prevent from 100%?

19 minutes ago, Rimantas said:

Pan, can you show your own playthroughs of previous maps, and of this one when contest ends? I think you create insane map and can't beat it, so you find way to have fun of other people. For example you didn't find NILUM bugs by yourself. You said you have done it 100%. How you did it if there were non-reachable monsters and it was not you who found them? You made it 100%, but other people found bugs, which prevent from 100%?

All the bugs have been fixed now.

This is how the bugs happened; I designed the map first, tested the gameplay, 100% beat it and then went through the entire map texturing and detailing it. 2 bugs happened during that process and they have been fixed now. The bugs were an imp moved inside a wall, and a previously passable wall becoming impassable. 

Memfis is saying Nilum is beatable now so this validates the competition. Memfis said my previous map Blighted Moonbase 4 was unbeatable and then Ancalagon beat it  within a week.

Ancalagon didn’t just ‘beat’ Blighted Moonbase 4. He destroyed it. It was humiliating for me.

if you want to see previous playthroughs then check the blighted moonbase competition thread. At least 3 videos were posted with Ancalagon, Memfis and Player177 100% beating the map and getting paid for it.

4 minutes ago, Rimantas said:

I want to see YOU beat those maps, creator. :)

Then the whole competition would be spoiled. Half the fun is not knowing what lies ahead.

1 minute ago, Pan said:

Then the whole competition would be spoiled. Half the fun is not knowing what lies ahead.

I mean show now previous maps, NILUM after contest ends. If you can't, just say it, i will understand.

> "Pan Heil Hitler"

> The AI you're supposed to kill here is a crop of the NPC meme that represents brainwashed libcucks

> Blighted Moonbase IV has "WHITE :muscle:" sector-written on the map

Yeah, I think we have a pattern here. Our boyo here is rolling out some sneaky altright troll.

27 minutes ago, dew said:

> "Pan Heil Hitler"

> The AI you're supposed to kill here is a crop of the NPC meme that represents brainwashed libcucks

> Blighted Moonbase IV has "WHITE :muscle:" sector-written on the map

Yeah, I think we have a pattern here. Our boyo here is rolling out some sneaky altright troll.

Wow. I was born in 1988. HH stands for Ham and Hommus (which happens to be my favourite sandwich filler).

I think it's fascinating that you're actually spending hundreds of dollars for debugging projects people here probably would test for free. I don't like to ruin the fun for guys like Ancalagon and Memfis, but I think your behaviour is legit worrying. I mean, it's obvious that you put some effort into what you do, you really don't have to meme around and put on some kind of elaborate show just to communicate your Doombased content. I think that it's obvious that most people here are interested in Doom and wads, just show your stuff and work on it, that makes everybody happy in the end. It's like you are ashamed or something, just stop.

Air.gif.14437519c78a8368fe9ed74919ad4fe9.gif

My memory is bad, so don't quote me on any of these. I remember that someone said he/she will consider his/her next project to be Boom compatible, so I came in and looked around, but it was not.

More ridiculously, this particular someone likes to be banned and consider this as an achievement since I don't see him/her thinking about the reason of why this is happening.

1 hour ago, Pan said:

No, this is exactly it. If you want to offer money to entice people into playing your map, you are asking them to do work for you and be paid for it. If you want to do this then do it straight up. If you are offering an open-ended WAD playing bounty that may or may not even be physically possible, you are not respecting people's time and energy.

53 minutes ago, Pan said:

Wow. I was born in 1988. HH stands for Ham and Hommus (which happens to be my favourite sandwich filler).

You have failed to explain the other two issues presented.