Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shaviro

I almost died today...

This morning I got up like I usually do, drove to the bus like I do, waited for the bus like I do. It was 5 minutes late. When the bus arrived, I got in and sat down where I always sit (The seat behind the front seat.) The Bus driver was very stressed and drove about 100 ~ 120 kmph (75 mph) <--Insane!! There is a section of the road which is slightly curved and has trees on the left side. We were driving along that road when a big truck (as big as the bus) drove, from the right, out in front of the bus. He used up the right lane, so the bus driver had to make a fast turn to the left, in between the truck and the trees. This is the kind of incident which goes wrong 19 out of 20 times. The bus driver only had 2 meters to react. I'm sorry if this is badly written or didn't make sense. I'm still a bit shocked. I'm happy to be alive today.

What is it with doomers and traffic?

The Reverend Julian said:

Glad you're okay. Let us hope it'll teach you not to be late :P

It was the bus which was late, not me.

Nice to see you can still type :)
One of my classmates whitnessed a accident today which involved a car and a guy who rode a bike. He was knocked out, and he still doesn't know how the whole thing ended.

One more reason for me to stay at home, protected from the dangers of the outside world by thick walls ^_______^

Fredrik said:

One more reason for me to stay at home, protected from the dangers of the outside world by thick walls ^_______^

Yeah. I should've stayed at home.

Shaviro said:

What is it with doomers and traffic?

THAT WAS A CLEAR MESSAGE FROM GOD HIMSELF THAT DOOM IS SATANIC AND YOU WILL DIE IF YOU DON'T STOP DOOMING! RIGHT NOW!

:P

kulma said:

THAT WAS A CLEAR MESSAGE FROM GOD HIMSELF THAT DOOM IS SATANIC AND YOU WILL DIE IF YOU DON'T STOP DOOMING! RIGHT NOW!

:P

/Me kills Kulma
Omg he's right!

Fredrik said:

Amen to that. Jesus dude, it's always scary when you put your life into someone else's hands and they're acting like a madman because of tardiness. Don't any of you die on me, that's an order! Especially if you're making a kickass megawad.

Shaviro that's only about 60 mph. Anyways, good to hear your alive. I remember one time, I did about 180 mph on my friends 2002 GSX-R 750 sportbike. I'm only 18 and therefore stupid. THAT was scary.

Heh, every time I get off the bus I whisper to myself under my breath "The day I don't look both ways is the day I die." I wonder if I'm gonna be just a little paranoid at some point in the future...

Hmmm, was that bus driver DRUNK?
Doesn't he know he can lose his job driving like a dick and risking the lifes of so many passengers on board?
Anyways, on topic of crashes I was involved in one really nasty one. I was about 15 and driving with friends(bad combo) and did a sharp turn at about 60 mph, lost traction and the car went right into a pole. I was lucky that I came out unscathed but it taught me a valuable lesson, DONT DRIVE LIKE A NOOB!

2 weeks later I crash a brand new car at 10mph and it does more damage than the first one? Odd!!!
Might be the first car was a nice galant and the second one was a crappy civic.

I'll be on a bus for 16 hours this Saturday/Sunday... Nice story to get me hyped about it :P

Like I said on IRC, you're still here so it's all good.

Shaviro said:

The Bus driver was very stressed and drove about 100 ~ 120 kmph (75 mph) <--Insane!!

Typical busdrivers. Oh well, taxidrivers are even worse, but busdrivers sure as Hell drive like shit.

I've once been involved in a minor accident where some jerk slammed into the back of our car, because he tried to overtake us - not sure how to say it English, my dictionary is a bitch, but what I mean is that he was driving faster than us and wanted to get past us - so he pulled over in the opposite lane, but then a car came from the opposite direction so he had to retreat back to our lane again, but he was already driving too fast and didn't manage to slow down in time so he slammed right up into our butt.

But we didn't get hurt (apart from the fact that I got a minor headache).

But I have once been at a place where a guy died in an accident - didn't see the actual accident though, but it wasn't a normal accident anyway.
It was at the end of my army time during a major field excercise. We were practicing an all-out assault involving APCs with troops (me and my buddies), tanks, artillery and all that shit. The excercise itself was really cool but it ended tragic when a jeep was driving past a grove and suddenly a tank came from the other side of the grove, running halfway over the jeep before the guys in the tank realized that they were running over a vehicle. The front of that jeep was completely squished, one of the two guys in the jeep was killed instantly and the other was seriously injured.

We grunts were just about to leap out of our APC and storm "the enemy" (as we had done so many times before), when we got the message over the radio that "there had beeen a real accident and that we should stay in the APCs". Looking through our Platoon leader's binoculars we could see part of the squished jeep and a shitload of people trying to help getting those unfortunate guys out of the jeep.

I later talked to a friend of mine who was a medic in another platoon closer to the accident. He and his medic buddies thought that it was part of the excercise so they rushed towards the place, intending to make a mock rescue, when they got close enough to see that it was a real accident. Two of his comrades actually got close enough to see the one of the guys in the jeep covered with blood and my friend told me that one of his buddies started to cry (although he was certainly not the wimpy types).

Yeah back home in my country people drive insanely fast, and the bus system...well there is no bus system. What people do to get on the buses is wave at the bus and it stops for them. Since they are no bus stops, what happens is that these bus's race each other to see who gets the most people on board. And when A bus is full, all these idiots literally hang from the side of the bus, extremely precarious. Well like 60% of the accidents are bus-related, and one which comes into mind was one I actually did not see it occur, but saw the innocent victim of rash driving.
This bus was turning at about 60-70 kmph, filled to the top with passengers, and the driver did not see a guy crossing the street. He hits him head on and the guy literally flies like 10 feet from the impact. The aftermath was gruesome, a huge crowd gathered next to the body with many onlookers(including myself). The guy was like in pieces, and from all the blood, we could make out what was left of his scalp. Some people even had the courage to collect the little pieces of his brain and gather them next to the body. The sorrounded rocks next to his brain. The other parts i could not make out.

What became of the driver? He ran away with a couple of angry men chasing him.

MaCvILeWhOrE said:

/me pours c0ff33 for teh ravage

Umm, I'm not dead yet. However, I have this strange urge to go to New Jersey... 0_o