Datacore85

Maps for FreeDoom

FreeDoom : Phase 1 - Good Old Engine

Slot: E1M1

1539287739-2.png

1539287741-3.png

1539287757-1.png

The map works with chocolateDoom.exe

I used Doom Builder 1.68, DoomWord 1.0 and XWE 1.16.

Enjoy and Have Fun.

GOE.zip

idgames

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FreeDoom : Phase 2 - Quantum Path

Slot: MAP01

1539776862-1.png

1539776865-2.png

1539776866-3.png

Enjoy and Have Fun.

QP.zip

idgames

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FreeDM : Placeholder

Slot: MAP01

1540035919-dm-1.png

1540035922-dm-2.png

1540035924-dm-3.png

Enjoy and Have Fun.

PH.zip

idgames

https://freedoom.github.io/

Edited by Datacore85

image.png.358f17410edbbd51a35907de1f519c37.pngThere is a missing texture on the waterfall here. image.png.ee7dc777d108b048a6e54631e178ce3c.pngand here. 

Besides that, It's an all-around good map. Although I don't think it would fit well as a E1M1 replacement.

That missing texture is a static WFALL, which was removed a while back, so using the latest autobuilds might help with mapping. That missing texture would also cause Chocolate Doom to crash. I wonder, @Datacore85 do you plan on submitting a map to the project? There are some empty slots that could use a map at least.

As for this one, well the current E1M1 is short and sweet, this one is a little bit long and difficult for a first map. It's a fun decent map, but I personally find it a bit cramped for my liking and I don't think having so many Zombiemen and Shotgunners between rooms helps it out.

Ok, Thanks for playing.

i am fixing that texture.

@Datacore85 do you plan on submitting a map to the project? There are some empty slots that could use a map at least.

I don't know, i made this map for fun. I used freedoom-0.11-3. https://freedoom.github.io/

Edited by Datacore85

Firsts these maps cannot be used by freedoom with the actual licence that you're applying on wad unless if you accept changing it to freedoom's terms of use.

* Copyright / Permissions *

Authors may NOT use the contents of this file as a base for
modification or reuse.  Permissions have been obtained from original 
authors for any of their resources modified or included in this file.

With it aside:

FreeDoom : Phase 1 - Good Old Engine
Very small map not really suitable for starting slot and not suitable for a later slot, this map can fit well in e1m2-3-4 while it play faster and nice it can get better for later slot if extended. 7/10

FreeDoom : Phase 2 - Quantum Path

Unlike previous map this one play in a very trick way, the player must be aware to any trap, while the switch room trap is avoidable, the exit one is more lethal on first play, while on hard it's ok, this map dont work in a starting slot being better for something between map03 to map06. Now i noticed this map some light and visual details that need some polishing. 6/10

2 hours ago, Xindage said:

Firsts these maps cannot be used by freedoom with the actual licence that you're applying on wad unless if you accept changing it to freedoom's terms of use.

I don't think the intention here is to contribute to FreeDoom, these are simply maps you can play with FreeDoom.

Yes, is not for the Iwad, i just wanted make map with the FreeDoom' s files. It's for fun.

I 'm disabling the text. The Next map will be make with the FreeDM's files .

Oh yes, maps made specifically to be played with Freedm. Haven't we been waiting for that? Thanks Datacore85, keep 'em coming!