Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
One Doomed Bunny

Help with a weird bug

Question

So, I am start making a map and want to apply new textures and all of the sudden WHAM:

1998296131_bandicam2018-10-3011-47-31-868.png.b8ad0781cd6d423f2bf26835e2d6a4e2.png

Som

What on earth is this? It looked fine before but now its just all fiddled up. It also wont respond to anything its completely frozen. The first time I saw this I thought it was just a lil bug, so I restarted GZDoom Builder and it worked fine again but then It happened again and this time its always like this. Help pls?

Thanks,

One Doomed Bunny

4 answers to this question

I can't remember the speicifics behind this but the textures are loading in from an unexpected format such as PNG.

Open the WAD in SLADE and check that you've converted them correctly. Bear in mind that FLATS should be in Doom Flat Format, not Doom Graphic Format.

Just now, Dragonfly said:

I can't remember the speicifics behind this but the textures are loading in from an unexpected format such as PNG.

Open the WAD in SLADE and check that you've converted them correctly. Bear in mind that FLATS should be in Doom Flat Format, not Doom Graphic Format.

All of these textures are in doom format and flats are in Flat format since this is downloaded from realm 667 I did not mod anything.

Share more information for those trying to help you then. What resource packs are you using? What map format are you mapping in? What editor are you using and what version of that software are you on? etc.

Thanks.

Looks like the editor is displaying textures as if they were flats. True flats are size 4096, and are supposed to be between F_START and F_END marker lumps, though they often aren't. Usually, flats are what is left, after identifying everything else as a wall or a sprite. So, maybe there's a misplaced P_START/P_END combination, or one of those is missing.