Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Vanessa

I need some help with my mod!

So I made a mod called Robo-DooM. I can give you a ModDB link to it if you like: https://www.moddb.com/mods/robo-doom

Anyways, I really just need someone to make it to where the Plasma pistol replaces the default pistol. I tried to do it but can't. Also can someone make sure the UAC Plasmatic Rifle I put in there replaces the default Plasma Rifle? I couldn't get that to work out either. I hope someone can help me out. Here's a few game screenshots/game arts:

Robo-DooM art 2.png

Robo-DooM art.png

Robo-DooM logo.png

cyber-imps.png

Get that cyber-imp!.png

dead.png

16 hours ago, Marlamir said:

1 hour you are waiting for someone to reply and help but you can solved this in 15 seconds(maybe less) on google.

https://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=22680

That's a pretty salty response to someone asking a question, after having created and given a link to their mod, before having asked a single question. What Google terms bring you to that page anyway? And, don't cheat: You can't use "ZDoom" or "DECORATE" (Vanessa could have gotten this far, without having known that 'Zdoom" or 'DECORATE' were the path to changing weapons).

My point is: Save those smart-ass responses for people that lazily ask for Step 1, without having anything to show. You could have answered as quickly as you barked.

For the player class, the Creating new player classes page on the ZDoom Wiki is of great use here.

In your DECORATE text file, you need to write out your new class like this:

Actor Player : DoomPlayer
{
 player.startitem "<your plasma pistol>"
 player.weaponslot 2, "<your plasma pistol>"
 player.weaponslot 6, "UACPlasmaticRifle"
}

And to make the Plasmatic Rifle replace the plasma rifle, you modify the top line so it looks something like this:

Actor UACPlasmaticRifle replaces PlasmaRifle
{
 (code)
}

Easy as that.

There is another step needed. If you make the new Player class, that doesn't mean that the player will be playing as that class in the game. To make the player play as your new Player class, make a new lump in your WAD, or file in the root folder of your PK3, called KEYCONF. In that file, you need 2 lines:

clearplayerclasses
addplayerclass Player

The more modern way to do it is to add a Gameinfo section to the MAPINFO file (make a MAPINFO file if there isn't already one)

GameInfo
{
  PlayerClasses = "Player"
}

I prefer the KEYCONF method because older versions of ZDoom support it, and newer ones still do, too, or else it would break a lot of WADs.

Also, if you specify some of the weapon slots in your Player class, I think you have to specify all of them, or else the player will have access to only the plasma pistol and plasmatic rifle. The complete list for copying-and-pasting will be on this page: https://zdoom.org/wiki/Classes:DoomPlayer

19 hours ago, kb1 said:

That's a pretty salty response to someone asking a question, after having created and given a link to their mod, before having asked a single question. What Google terms bring you to that page anyway? And, don't cheat: You can't use "ZDoom" or "DECORATE" (Vanessa could have gotten this far, without having known that 'Zdoom" or 'DECORATE' were the path to changing weapons).

My point is: Save those smart-ass responses for people that lazily ask for Step 1, without having anything to show. You could have answered as quickly as you barked.

Honestly the only salty response i see is yours. I mean do you really need to be offensive right from start? really? ok if you want.  if you look at my my post do you see something that is salty/hate/ignorant or anything or just an information which can help her (or him) for next time that google searching is sometimes faster than waiting for response on forum? 

14 hours ago, Aquila Chrysaetos said:

[INSERT HELPFUL PARAGRAPH(S) HERE]

10 hours ago, Empyre said:

[INSERT MORE HELP HERE]

Thank you two for telling me what I needed to know.

23 hours ago, kb1 said:

3 hours ago, Marlamir said:

Honestly the only salty response i see is yours. I mean do you really need to be offensive right from start? really? ok if you want.  if you look at my my post do you see something that is salty/hate/ignorant or anything or just an information which can help her (or him) for next time that google searching is sometimes faster than waiting for response on forum? 

OKAY STOP NOW I DO NOT WANT A FIGHT TO START

4 hours ago, Gaia74 said:

It reminds me a lot of my kaiser x

why?, all soldier of kaiser are tecnological demons xd

Screenshot_Doom_20181020_121151.png.0fef27f20aa3662ce8f2e884e6196f03.pngScreenshot_Doom_20181020_121208.png.102127a5481c68c3cce3b1781e5dac64.pngScreenshot_Doom_20181020_121226.png.f75dd287c3c47c25b40e4603aa9642a2.pngScreenshot_Doom_20181020_121303.png.f2edb629f124fb213b24ec0e6b47aede.pngScreenshot_Doom_20181020_121322.png.028fcdacde58e38ddb5eb2228560bd6a.pngScreenshot_Doom_20181020_121342.png.e0429a21e938cb4aae68a3f167d91c3e.pngScreenshot_Doom_20181020_121410.png.4d2449226ef956fb3730265a34450581.png

oooh gimme download link

11 hours ago, Vanessa said:

oooh gimme download link

is in development and I plan to release it on December 10th although some enemies are already in my wad of hectic