Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
[McD] James

Diablo Immortal

12 hours ago, Mr. Freeze said:

My favorite thing about this announcement is that HARDKOAR GAMURZ once again forgot that mobile gamers exceed the number of desktop gamers. Blizzard would be stupid not to make more mobile games.

That may be true, but on what planet did they think announcing it to a room of "hardcore gamers" who had paid hundreds of dollars to be there would go down well?

No-one is objecting to Blizzard making a mobile game, they can knock themselves out. But it's the fact they genuinely thought a room full of PC gamers would be the place to announce it just shows how out of touch their senior management is with what the audience was there for.

Imagine this: Bugatti host a big global event and tell everyone there is really exciting news to be announced. Bugatti fans from around the world fly in for the announcement. Is it a new Veyron? Perhaps a re-release of the original? Perhaps something else?

Bugatti take to the stage and triumphantly announce... a bicycle.  You'd except the exact same result. 

I think maybe they should have rethought the announcement after they had to release a statement to the public telling them to lower their expectations for blizzcon lol. That should have really been a BIG sign that this probably isn't the way to go about this announcement. And I genuinely started to feel bad for them until that shitty cellphone comment xD

2 hours ago, Rimantas said:

Same story with Doom 2016 and Eternal.

unlike Diablo 3 and Diablo Immortal

Doom 2016 is an Amazing game (except for the lackluster multiplayer) and not a Free-ium cash grab.

I wonder how up their ass Blizzard was for announcing this abomination in front of people and think they made a masterpiece.

Edited by jazzmaster9

They betrayed their fanbase and every dislike is warranted. They only care about the money? Good. Many people will happily boycott and never defend their games again. They had a reputation and sold it.

I don't think I've ever been as addicted to a game as I was addicted to Diablo 2. When I forced myself to stop playing it after maybe 40 straight days, I felt genuinely strung out. I'm not even the kind of person who gets addicted to video games, but Diablo 2 just wrecked my physical well being. It might be for the best that I never play any of the games ever again. Torchlight I was fine with.

Try path of exile and Grim Dawn? Both are superior to Torchlight 1 imo. (Both had a ton of improvements over the years)

No one mentioned the incredibly stupid censorship in comments and reupload of the video multiple times in hope it doesn't look as globally disliked as the whooping +200k dislikes on the original trailer convoy? That kind of shit should never be accepted by devs less they start doing it more often. 

But how did they betray the fanbase? Disappointed the fanbase, sure. But I don't see a betrayal by making something that just wasn't expected. Now the video reuploads and comment censorship on the otherhand is bs and I don't agree with doing that at all. That is a very dishonest thing to do imo. But releasing Diablo immortal instead of Diablo VI? I don't think they've betrayed anyone by doing that.

Diablo VI is absolutely happening. Be patient, people.

14 minutes ago, Pegg said:

Try path of exile and Grim Dawn? Both are superior to Torchlight 1 imo. (Both had a ton of improvements over the years)

No one mentioned the incredibly stupid censorship in comments and reupload of the video multiple times in hope it doesn't look as globally disliked as the whooping +200k dislikes on the original trailer convoy? That kind of shit should never be accepted by devs less they start doing it more often. 

I think I'd rather play X-Men Legends, Torchlight 2 and Nox (which I already have in my GOG library) before those two.

1 minute ago, MrDeAD1313 said:

Diablo VI is absolutely happening. Be patient, people.

You're probably right, but judging by Blizzard's recent output, it's more than likely just going to be another Diablo 3 which was, at release, not that great game, and only became thoroughly mediocre by the expansion.

It's an allright game if all you wanted to do was turn your brain off and click on monsters, but the story was not great, and builds and itemization were simplified to absurdity.  And judging by Blizzard's recent output, I wouldn't expect a sequel to be any different.

1 minute ago, AlexMax said:

You're probably right, but judging by Blizzard's recent output, it's more than likely just going to be another Diablo 3 which was, at release, not that great game, and only became thoroughly mediocre by the expansion.

It's an allright game if all you wanted to do was turn your brain off and click on monsters, but the story was not great, and builds and itemization were simplified to absurdity.  And judging by Blizzard's recent output, I wouldn't expect a sequel to be any different.

I understand this and completely agree with you. I'm just saying that it seems like people are all fired up because they're getting something they didn't ask for and feel entitled to a specific game for whatever reason. I can't understand why people would rather rush an announcement/game instead of waiting and maybe giving the devs a little more positive reinforcement. The guy stayed so friggin positive on that stage (aside from the somewhat snarky cellphone comment that the more I think about, the more it's funny to me) while essentially being mentally stoned to death by a ton of pissed off people who, I must say, had a right to be upset by this being the main Diablo news on the MAIN STAGE of BLIZZCON, but we haven't seen how good or bad the game is yet. I think we missed a prime opportunity to ask them legit questions and instead smart assed them right off the stage and took to the internet to further feed the fire. Again, not the right way to announce a mobile game, but I suppose it's something to maybe look forward to. This is just my opinion here :D

32 minutes ago, MrDeAD1313 said:

I'm just saying that it seems like people are all fired up because they're getting something they didn't ask for and feel entitled to a specific game for whatever reason. I can't understand why people would rather rush an announcement/game instead of waiting and maybe giving the devs a little more positive reinforcement.

We're not talking about bedroom programmers who are barely scraping by.  We're talking about a huge corporation that employs thousands of people who totally misunderstood the people they were advertising the game to.

No company is entitled to the undying love and admiration of their audience.  People have a right to not like a game.  I feel bad for the individual developers who had to deliver the news and had to put up with angry fans at the Q&A, but not the corporation.  I do agree that perhaps the fans could have had more tact at the Q&A, but that's about it.

For what it's worth, I don't even think it's the fact that it's a mobile Diablo game that is pissing people off.  I think that if they had revealed Diablo 3 for mobile, people might be disappointed but not angry.  It's the fact that it's a new Diablo game, developed by a third party with a very questionable track record, exclusively for mobile devices, and it was supposed to be one of the big surprise reveals of the convention.  If they had revealed it elsewhere, people would still be angry, but at least those same people would be at home, and not at a convention they paid good money to get into.

Of course the people at blizzcon were really angry. They got told multiple diablo announcement are coming later this year so they bothered paying at least $200 before all the travel and hot expenses to see it live. Only to be met with a mobile game -Which many people say is just gonna be a reskin of an existing NetEase game- and "Don't you guys have phones?!".

The devs don't deserve harassment. The game and Blizzard deserve it.

8 minutes ago, AlexMax said:

We're not talking about bedroom programmers who are barely scraping by.  We're talking about a huge corporation that employs thousands of people who totally misunderstood the people they were advertising the game to.

No company is entitled to the undying love and admiration of their audience.  People have a right to not like a game.  I feel bad for the individual developers who had to deliver the news and had to put up with angry fans at the Q&A, but not the corporation.  I do agree that perhaps the fans could have had more tact at the Q&A, but that's about it.

For what it's worth, I don't even think it's the fact that it's a mobile Diablo game that is pissing people off.  I think that if they had revealed Diablo 3 for mobile, people might be disappointed but not angry.  It's the fact that it's a new Diablo game, developed by a third party with a very questionable track record, exclusively for mobile devices, and it was supposed to be one of the big surprise reveals of the convention.  If they had revealed it elsewhere, people would still be angry, but at least those same people would be at home, and not at a convention they paid good money to get into.

Right. I guess I just don't get as worked up as a lot of other fans is all. Not arguing these valid points that are being made by any means, just stating my opinion is all :)

I think the main disappointment is that this is proof that the current Blizzard is Just Another Company and not the same as old. Which probably should've been clear given how D3 turned out (given the writing and how the original project manager ran things) but this is the final nail in the coffin. Old Blizzard was willing to cancel games like Warcraft Adventures and Starcraft Ghost because they didn't live up to their own internal expectations, even though they looked really fun. Now it's just about doing whatever makes money, and being happy as long as sales are good even if the end project is decidedly meh.

Given the current state of gaming and entertainment media, I can't say I'm surprised by this. I wonder how long until they start demonizing the Diablo fanbase (no pun intended).

personally, I checked out after D2, so I'm not personally invested. but I agree, mobile is not the right platform for this, and the overall approach to this is very tone-deaf.

I've given up on Blizzard a while ago. Out of their latest games I played the heck out of Diablo III and Reaper of Souls, also the first two parts of StarCraft II but after that I lost interest completely and I don't think I'll support them in a forseeable future. But hey, I made sure to send them my regards by downvoting this joke on YouTube.

What would have actually been interesting would be to see some gameplay, but I don't hold that much hope in that department, regardless. Thank goodness there are many mods available that continue to make Diablo II a fun game to play and that Path of Exile exists; Diablo III did not hook me in the same way that those two games did, and I can't say I am interested in playing an iteration of Diablo on a tiny touchscreen that's already too small for my hands.

Releasing an exclusive mobile game to a PC fan base, the fuck they were expecting..? The reactions are obvious... This is plain garbage.

6 hours ago, Rimantas said:

Same story with Doom 2016 and Eternal.

Amen

"Don't you guys have phones?" is almost as insulting as "Check out this new Arch Enemy of the Slayer, the Doom Hunter"... ROFL

Edited by explorix

At first, when I saw of the new Diablo game on the notifications, my jaw hit the floor. I love the series, started playing from 3 and then 1 and 2 and while I know the 3rd wasn't as good as the others, I didn't mind at all (in fact I loved it for being my intro to the series)

And then I got really disappointed about it being on mobile.

Heck, if I knew a Diablo 4 would come and they also released this mobile game as a side project (like what Bethesda is doing with TES 6 and Blades iirc - I love how I mentioned Bethesda here of all companies), I would gladly give it a go, even if just for a little.

Seriously though, I can't see how a game like this would be played with touchscreen. 

I'm not surprise this getting so much hate. Making game that is "pay me if you want to succes"  is like betrayal to their fanbase. Especially when you can play Diablo 1 on psx emulator without needed to empty you wallet. Great move blizzard.

I am just parroting this, someone else can fact check for me. Someone without a source is saying this is an outsourced game to a developer in China that already has a similar game.

Edited by geo