Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mechadon

What are you listening to?

@DesecratorJ So, whaddaya say? You seemed to have low expectations from Sodom after they turned into a quartet, but I think this will really work in their favor.

Personally, I'm glad there's new (technically not new, sup Frank) guitarists in the band since I'm not really a fan of Bernemann's guitar tone on the albums that feature him even though they manage to overcome this little inconvenience.

18 minutes ago, Agent6 said:

@DesecratorJ So, whaddaya say? You seemed to have low expectations from Sodom after they turned into a quartet, but I think this will really work in their favor.

Personally, I'm glad there's new (technically not new, sup Frank) guitarists in the band since I'm not really a fan of Bernemann's guitar tone on the albums that feature him even though they manage to overcome this little inconvenience.

I recognize the good 'ol Tom on this, I really like how he still managed to look and perform in that way, unlike Kreator or Destruction, which sounds and looks dumb nowadays. The return of Blackfire definitely brings back a cool mood within the band.

16 minutes ago, DesecratorJ said:

I recognize the good 'ol Tom on this, I really like how he still managed to look and perform in that way, unlike Kreator or Destruction, which sounds and looks dumb nowadays. The return of Blackfire definitely brings back a cool mood within the band.

Yeah, that's exactly what I was thinking about today as well. It's amazing how Sodom has managed to release high quality works of art and perform gracefully for so many years. I was watching that video and thought "Heh, it's like 1987 all over again". Y'know, Abbath may be immortal but Tom is timeless :v .

As about Destruction and Kreator, well, I've never been a big fan of Destruction to begin with, as I've already mentioned their Sentence of Death EP is the only release I like, had Schmier kept that vocal style things would've likely looked very different for me. Kreator is still good but yeah, not as great, for similar reasons. I miss hearing Petrozza's screams from Endless Pain and the other style he developed and used on Pleasure to Kill and a few more albums.

ughcBjb.jpg

I was at the Slayer farewell tour last night, with Obituary, Anthrax and Lamb of God in support. Very cool and about 4.5 hours of gig time. What I'm listening today is tinnitus.

7 hours ago, Agent6 said:

Thanks Fenriz, this is awesome. Those vocals are monstrous.

I posted the exact same thing one or two weeks ago and said the same thing, pretty funny.

39 minutes ago, DesecratorJ said:

I posted the exact same thing one or two weeks ago and said the same thing, pretty funny.

I knew you thanked Fenriz for something recently, didn't know it was the same band though :v . They're fucking awesome, too bad they've only released (independently) a cassette, I really wanted this in my collection, but sadly that doesn't seem possible :( .

Btw, since I've posted a song from Abhorrence's new EP recently, I was also wondering what you think about it. Many people seem to be disappointed, but I personally like it. Some compared it to Amorphis (in a negative way, from their POV), and to be fair it does send some vibes, particularly the vocals (Tales from the Thousand Lakes era). I suppose they expected Vulgar Necrolatry & the '91 EP - Part II. If you have such expectations they'll likely not be met, most bands avoid repeating themselves, especially after almost 30yrs+ of inactivity. A similar situation to Convulse, people expecting World Without God - Part II when the successors (Evil Prevails for instance) made it clear it's not happening. Oui, I also think their most recent album is great.

6 minutes ago, loveless said:

I just want to say the amount of metal I regularly see in this thread pleases me.

Not too surprising given how much the Doom soundtrack "borrowed" from Slayer, Pantera, Alice in Chains, etc.

55 minutes ago, TheMightyHeracross said:

Not too surprising given how much the Doom soundtrack "borrowed" from Slayer, Pantera, Alice in Chains, etc.

Good to know I was properly primed before finding thrash and death metal in high school.

6 hours ago, loveless said:

I just want to say the amount of metal I regularly see in this thread pleases me.

If you need more just ask me or @DesecratorJ, I bet he can also list at least 100 metal bands 👌👌. Some will probably be familiar, others not.