Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
[McD] James

Diablo Immortal

8 hours ago, Ajora said:

This guy seems really upset over the fact that people aren't excited about the next Diablo entry. Like, to a ridiculous, comedic degree.

Most funny thing is that weirdo started to cry for OPINIONS about a GAME. Blizzard really screwed up and question "is this game a joke?" is way too smooth. One should ask Blizzard "what a f*** are you thinking? where is real Diablo dev team?"

10 hours ago, Ajora said:

This guy seems really upset over the fact that people aren't excited about the next Diablo entry. Like, to a ridiculous, comedic degree. 

https://twitter.com/WillJPowers

His comments are jumping between rational and crazy. I guess all the idiots sending him death threats over a damn opinion got to him.

3 hours ago, Pegg said:

His comments are jumping between rational and crazy. I guess all the idiots sending him death threats over a damn opinion got to him.

I'm not exactly seeing the part where he's being rational. He said that people need to launch the person who asked Blizzard the question into the sun. He attempted to organise a hate mob against someone because they were rightly unhappy about paying good money to attend a highly anticipated presentation for a game that in no way caters to the fans of its own series. Paraphrasing YongYea's well thought-out video here "this was an announcement intended to appease investors, not fans". You could argue that he was being a little rude, but the crowd was definitely on his side, and it was no ruder than the "you guys have phones, right?" remark. Will's tweets backfired on him, and he's behaving embarrassingly immature, all the whilst projecting the notions of toxic masculinity and entitlement without realising just how toxic and entitled he himself is behaving. 

13 hours ago, Ajora said:

https://twitter.com/WillJPowers

there are many people like this in gaming and the entertainment industry as a whole. you're not allowed to not like their crappy products, or else you're a toxic manbaby. it's absurd.

Some of the live Twitch reactions to the presentation are pretty funny. "This man's soul is dying in real time"

Let's imagine new Doom for mobile... I can hear Bethesda guy starting his speech with "We all love Doom and we all have phones", but i can't imagine how loud would be "BOOOOOO!!!"

16 minutes ago, Rimantas said:

Let's imagine new Doom for mobile... I can hear Bethesda guy starting his speech with "We all love Doom and we all have phones", but i can't imagine how loud would be "BOOOOOO!!!"

Well. Doom and Wolfenstein RPG for mobile was pretty good.

Id wasnt trying to push it as if its A big deal and start crying when people didnt like it.

doom resurrection and id mobile's other projects don't strike me as the same, if only because we didn't have Carmack taking the stage of a big event full of core gamers where there's been plenty of teasing for a new mainline doom game, only to reveal "here's some hideous looking version of Doom 3 as a ios rail shooter!"

Reading Carmack and co's writing on the subject really makes it feel like the mobile development was pretty separate from the PC/Console development at id, which seems pretty reasonable enough.

48 minutes ago, ETTiNGRiNDER said:

Wow, i have never heard of it. I can't imagine myself playing it. FPS needs mouse, keyboard and big enough screen.

34 minutes ago, jazzmaster9 said:

Well. Doom and Wolfenstein RPG for mobile was pretty good.

I have played Doom RPG, Doom II RPG, Wolfenstein RPG and loved it. They were turn-based and for not TS phones. TS have not reliable controls.

6 hours ago, Mr. Freeze said:

>open link

>no source given

wow i am so convinced 

Considering the trailer got the logo of Netease Games in the beginning. It's not exactly a leap in logic to assume they are the developer of the game.

21 hours ago, kristus said:

Why is it insulting to introduce newish minibosses in DE?

That's not what I meant. Let me explain: I felt strong sympathy with the attendees of Blizzcon, because DOOM16 and DE don't represent what I like(d) about DOOM in the first place. I used the word "insulting" because if I were at Quakecon I wouldn't have cheered together with the paid id employees but done the same thing as the guys at Blizzcon: BOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I feel insulted by lackluster enemy design, that DOOM hunter thing looks so boring, just like the other enemies as well. And what about that vampire-wingy-thing? WTF?

I don't like boring, linear and cartoony cheesy looking cashgrabgames.

That's what we have Fortnite for. And Fortnite sucks.

I know that Bethe$da has to make money and that a game like DOOM is a risk in itself nowadays (which is why I believe we got no SP-DLC for DOOM16) but come on.

Lame design and recycled content? Nah bruh!

Maybe I'm butt hurt, but only because DOOM played a vital role in my gaming life as for most people here. But since this isn't a thread about DOOM, let's go back to topic:

Have you guys seen the reason WillJPowers stated that people hate mobile gaming?

It's because apparently only females play on mobile devices lol. What kind of explanation is that? Haha

So you didn't like it. That's too bad, but I don't think you understand what a cashgrab is. A cashgrab is when they throw things together and push it out to get as much money as possible before it dies. Those games generally don't get a lot of time spent in development.

Diablo is the perfect game for mobile and touch screen, because the game play sucks and you just click buttons. I can't say there's a need for precise controls. Mouse would just get in the way vs a touch screen. It's one of those things that with a touch screen a cat can play it. Just pack it with micro transactions and pack it full of "let your friends on Facebook save you" sort of things.

I never felt like I was slaying demons with a Diablo or any other overhead hack and slash.

All points are already mentioned so I'll just echo the opinion that Diablo on mobile makes sense but main announcement to hungry PC crowd who invested time and money was, in hindsight a poor move.

I also stopped playing after Diablo 2 but I would try the remake or consider D3 with Necromancer if it goes for a really good price.

8 hours ago, geo said:

I am just parroting this, someone else can fact check for me. Someone without a source is saying this is an outsourced game to a developer in China that already has a similar game.

8 hours ago, Mr. Freeze said:

>open link

>no source given

wow i am so convinced 

LMAO...

You don't need a bloody source to see that Blizzard isn't the only one with their hands in Diablo Immortal. You just use the internet, look at the dedicated site right here, you scroll down and you see a company called NetEase. Here's the important bit:

Licensed online games

• Commercially re-launched World of Warcraft in September 2009, which used to be operated by another company, The9 Limited
  • StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm launched in PRC in July 2013
  • Launched free-to-play digital strategy card game Hearthstone in PRC in Jan 2014; mobile version launched in April 2015
  • Open beta testing of Heroes of the Storm started in China in May 2015
  • Initiated open beta testing in PRC of Diablo III: Reaper of Souls in April 2015
  • Three-‐year agreement to license Blizzard's upcoming title Overwatch in PRC[15]
  • Operates Overwatch in China
  • Agreement to license Mojangs Minecraft and Minecraft: Pocket Edition in China[16]
  • Operates the third-party Minecraft-related Hypixel China Server[17]
  • Will assume the publishing of EVE Online in the Chinese market starting in October 2018.[18]
  • Developed Diablo Immortal for iOS and Android.

Cool how easy that is to find eh?

11 hours ago, TheUltimateDoomer666 said:

But downloading ISOs/ROMs of games you don't own isn't legal in the first place, so I don't see your point there.

Well yeah,  most people will go warez but if you own psx cd you can ripped and play fully legally.

4 hours ago, Ajora said:

I'm not exactly seeing the part where he's being rational.

Telling people not to jump to conclusions without trying it nor harass devs no matter how disappointing the news are. Still his tone is very stupid and elitist, He acts like development is some sacred arts whom only divine people practice, Very annoying and out of touch with reality. 

Not harassing devs is definitely something I can agree on. Anyone who does that is way over the line of what is reasonable. If that was all he was saying I would support that. But since he pretty much acts just as bad himself, it's hard to feel sympathy for him.

Boy Blizzard was TOTALLY expecting long lines for people to play a Diablo mobile game!

Spoiler

DrLQ6vwU4AAVTeR.jpg:large

Edited by Philnemba

4 hours ago, Nine Inch Heels said:

You don't need a bloody source to see that Blizzard isn't the only one with their hands in Diablo Immortal. You just use the internet, look at the dedicated site right here, you scroll down and you see a company called NetEase

First off, Wikipedia is not a credible source considering that there are no qualifications required on the user's end to edit articles. 

That being said, is is known that NetEase is working with Blizzard to develop Diablo: Immortal. But I can't find anything that says it was fully outsourced to them. I only see that it was developed as a joint effort. Even the official website you linked so merely says "developed in partnership with NetEase". Note the lack of "Developed by NetEase and published by Blizzard". As "outsourced" in the original context clearly denotes full development, you argument is nonexistent. Try again. 

55 minutes ago, Pegg said:

just wow CF4GBYG.jpg

That's fine and all. And yeah, the guy asking if DI was a joke wasn't "mature", but all the circlejerking about how he stepped out of line doesn't help candycoating the issue that once certain games made the jump to mobile, there was barely any resemblence of the original product left, not to mention the rather well known problems which gave these games their reputation in the first place. So while everybody is busy patting themselves on the back for being more mature than a triggered fanbase, let's remind ourselves real quick how games like "Dungeon Keeper" and Command and Conquer" look on a smartphone and especially how "good" those are.

3 minutes ago, Mr. Freeze said:

Try again

4 hours ago, Nine Inch Heels said:

You don't need a bloody source to see that Blizzard isn't the only one with their hands in Diablo Immortal. You just use the internet, look at the dedicated site right here, you scroll down and you see a company called NetEase.

Did that help?

6 hours ago, explorix said:

That's not what I meant. Let me explain: I felt strong sympathy with the attendees of Blizzcon, because DOOM16 and DE don't represent what I like(d) about DOOM in the first place. I used the word "insulting" because if I were at Quakecon I wouldn't have cheered together with the paid id employees but done the same thing as the guys at Blizzcon: BOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I feel insulted by lackluster enemy design, that DOOM hunter thing looks so boring, just like the other enemies as well. And what about that vampire-wingy-thing? WTF?

I don't like boring, linear and cartoony cheesy looking cashgrabgames.

That's what we have Fortnite for. And Fortnite sucks.

Free to Play cash grab mobile game no one Asked for =/= Subjective Asthetic Design Choice.

6 hours ago, explorix said:

Maybe I'm butt hurt,

Yah I had the virtual ticket and part of me wishes I didn't buy it.  This is trash.  However the PR disaster feels good and deserved.

4 hours ago, Mr. Freeze said:

That being said, is is known that NetEase is working with Blizzard to develop Diablo: Immortal. But I can't find anything that says it was fully outsourced to them. I only see that it was developed as a joint effort. Even the official website you linked so merely says "developed in partnership with NetEase". Note the lack of "Developed by NetEase and published by Blizzard". As "outsourced" in the original context clearly denotes full development, you argument is nonexistent. Try again. 

I don't have a stake in this either way, but Eurogamer did an interview with Blizzard at BlizCon where they were asked exactly this, and their response was:

Is Blizzard's role more than an overseer in this? Is there a team at Blizzard building this game?

Helen Cheng: It's a true partnership for sure. We definitely have a team which is very much co-developing the content of the game together with NetEase.

But NetEase is making it, in the sense they're putting it together?

Dan Elggren: Yeah, they have - a lot of the artists are absolutely there. We're not going to go, obviously, into specifics on the numbers but yeah, they're helping develop this game. It's hard to get into specifics without going too detailed, but I just want to make sure you're getting the point of Blizzard is at the table. We're co-developing it; it is truly a co-developed experience.

You can feel them squirming with the fact NetEase are the primary developers of the game, but they really don't want to admit it.

D2 is still where it's at. Friend of mine doesn't game anymore, but every now and then he will pick up Diablo 2 and play obsessively until the excitement wears off again. I'll end up playing too but I usually get tired of it sooner. 

Oh this thread was about hating the mobile game. Yeah you don't like it cool, but hurling abuse and trying to one-up those pesky developers and journalists on the Twitter verse just stoke their intersectional political furnaces. There's way more people in China willing to buy and play that game than there are bum hurt Gweilo. 

They're laughing all the way to bank.