Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
OliveTree

Help with mapinfo bug(?)

Question

I have a question. I'm working on a pretty large mapset with about 29 intermissions at different points (don't ask) and it's all working fine except for around cluster 26-29. Once you get to the end of cluster 26 it plays the intermission for the end of 29, and then every other end of cluster doesn't play an intermission at all. I experimented with removing the text regarding cluster 29 and it decided to play the intermission text for cluster 28 when I reached the end of 26, so it seems that it's just skipping straight to the end.

All my numbers are correct, I'm pretty sure. Not really sure what's going on here. Here's the relevant mapinfo text:

Spoiler

clusterdef "26"
{
    flat = "FLOOR7_2"
    music = "64_READ"
    exittext = "INSERT TEXT HERE 26"
}

clusterdef "27"
{
    flat = "FLOOR4_8"
    music = "64_READ"
    exittext = "INSERT TEXT HERE 27"
}

clusterdef "28"
{
    flat = "FLOOR7_2"
    music = "64_READ"
    exittext = "INSERT TEXT HERE 28"
}

clusterdef "29"
{
    flat = "FLOOR4_8"
    music = "64_READ"
    exittext = "INSERT TEXT HERE 29"
}

Any ideas?

6 answers to this question

I couldn't say without taking some time to hunt through the source (which port are you using, by the way?) and it would help to have the whole mapinfo lump that you're testing with. But that sounds suspiciously like you could be hitting up against a hard-coded limit to the maximum number of clusters. 

43 minutes ago, meapineapple said:

I couldn't say without taking some time to hunt through the source (which port are you using, by the way?) and it would help to have the whole mapinfo lump that you're testing with. But that sounds suspiciously like you could be hitting up against a hard-coded limit to the maximum number of clusters. 

GZDoom 3.4.0

57 minutes ago, boris said:

You seem to mix the old format and the new format. In the new format it's just "cluster" (without the "def"). And I think the number shouldn't be written in quotation marks.

Tried changing it to cluster and removing quotes. Didn't work :\

On 11/5/2018 at 3:53 PM, meapineapple said:

"26" suggested "A" to "Z" to me, as if the number was converted to a letter at some point, but it's just a guess.

If you did exactly as boris said ("cluster" not "clusterdef", and remove quotes from numbers), the issue is most likely in the relevent map definitions. We'll have to see that.

Also, GZDoom 3 6.0 is out, you should update.