Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nevander

[v1.5] Doom 64: Retribution

28 minutes ago, Nevander said:

The assumption was because GZDoom is an advanced port, someone would have already thought of this and added it the same time the colors were. I guess it's not as advanced as I thought.

Feel free to use another port if you prefer to passive-aggressively whine about stuff in your project thread instead of using the official channels to request features.

1 hour ago, Gez said:

Feel free to use another port if you prefer to passive-aggressively whine about stuff in your project thread instead of using the official channels to request features.

Nobody asked you to come in here and start this argument again just to try and prove how much more you know about GZDoom and how I apparently know nothing about how it works after using it to port maps for over 2 years now. There is no other port capable of this, smartass. Please stop causing this same argument every time you enter my thread.

And people wonder why I left ZDoom forums...

1 hour ago, Antnee said:

Topic created in the appropriate forum

And then I'm reminded of why I don't post suggestions there. Already pretty much insta-No'd by Graf. In fact it's a miracle that we even got what we did if you ask me.

We at least need an ACS function to change the colors during a level. The other issues can probably be worked around, like I've been doing since I started the project.

Well, one thing that's probably coming in the pipeline for DB64 is Iori plans on changing the RGB from decimal to hex.  So copying colors from port to port is going to be a lot easier.

I did mention the ACS thing in my reply but it's pending approval

On November-02-18 at 1:49 AM, EtherBot said:

*No it doesn't. alright suppressing my urge to grammar correct everything.

Zandronum isn't supported? That's a shame. As soon as I heard of this project, co-op Doom 64 was the thing that popped into my head since the original game wasn't co-op and neither was EX. But multiplayer in gzdoom has always been a bit too much of a hassle for me to bother with. 

I have made a version of this mod for Zandronum with updated multiplayer support.

I originally posted this on the ZDoom forum but I had no feedback from Nevander. As I said over there: If there is any objection to this work, please tell me and I will remove it. I do this 100% for the sake of having a way to play this amazing ZDoom-version in a proper multiplayer environment.

This rework of the mod contains the following changes (and more): 

-Better coop compatibility. This version is intended to be run in Zandronum 3.0. The entire thing should be playable in coop. This includes coop-only changes to map so that maps are always possible to complete.

-Modified and updated to be closer to Doom: Absolution. Map order changed accordingly. A few modifications on the maps, a few new rooms.

-Absolution monsters, Nightmare Cacodemon and Nightmare Demon included and placed in their original Absolution locations.

-Outcast Levels were improved & modified. Chaingun Guy, Nightcrawler, Stalker, Acid Demon, as well as a new monster or two such as the Nightmare Elemental added for fun, are included in the levels just like in the original levels.

-Outcast items (except for artifacts) have been ported over as well. Thats mostly the Radar (scanner) and the Hell Potions (+2 HP & Armor) both placed in the Outcast levels.

-Multiple options have been added in the menu. HUD customization, and a few gameplay options such as separating Unmaker ammo into kill-based ammo, and a few coop options. All optional.

-General balancing has seen a few changes as well, especially weapons.

You can download it here: https://www.mediafire.com/?8det4rmy3up17uz

NOTE: Download, install and configure Doom 64 Retribution as the original mod explains, then use this and run with the included .bat file.

This version is intended for Zandronum 3.0, but will work with GZDoom as well (use the appropriate .bat file included)

Feel free to use any of this in any way you desire. (just stay away from the horrible way I handled the maps' ACS code)

I've updated the mod to include the 1.5 maps, but not every 1.5 changes was ported over. Testing still needed.

I say it again, if there is any objection whatsoever to this post or this modification, please tell me and I will delete it. I only wanted to enhance what I consider to be the best way to play Doom 64 today, with multiplayer and Absolution support. If there is no objection then, I will keep this up-to-date myself with any future versions as a branch of this mod, as long as Zandronum isn't too far behind.

Edited by SFJake250

@Nevander this post is off-topic but I'm almost done rendering The Titan demon, could it be a good idea if I add him two blades in his arms in a similar manner to Cyberdemon 2016?

20 minutes ago, SFJake250 said:

I originally posted this on the ZDoom forum but I had no feedback from Nevander.

Because I don't use Zandronum nor do I post there anymore. I'm sure it's great though, you can be the "Zandronum Multiplayer fork" maintainer if you like.

8 minutes ago, Gerardo194 said:

@Nevander this post is off-topic but I'm almost done rendering The Titan demon, could it be a good idea if I add him two blades in his arms in a similar manner to Cyberdemon 2016?

Uhh... if you want, sure. I can give it a melee state that uses them maybe. Just make sure it has dual rockets since I plan to have it not deviate too much from just a really big badass Cyberdemon.

2 hours ago, SFJake250 said:

I have made a version of this mod for Zandronum with updated multiplayer support.

This version is intended for Zandronum 3.0. Using it with GZDoom only requires changes to MENUDEF.

What changes would be necessary? The MENUDEF mentions making changes for "older" versions of GZDoom. What about the latest GZDoom version?

8 hours ago, Nevander said:

Because I don't use Zandronum nor do I post there anymore. I'm sure it's great though, you can be the "Zandronum Multiplayer fork" maintainer if you like.

Alright, thank you.

6 hours ago, Danfun64 said:

What changes would be necessary? The MENUDEF mentions making changes for "older" versions of GZDoom. What about the latest GZDoom version?

You just have to uncomment the AddOptionMenu bit. I commented them for Zandronum, those were the old warnings.

I've updated the file (same link) to include a GZDoom.bat and a new .wad that literally just loads the menu if you want to run this under GZDoom.

Alright guys, looks like I have enough things to tweak from the 1.5 release to fix and then put out a 1.5a. Expect it either tomorrow or this weekend. Sorry for any inconveniences due to my incompetence.

Another bug, ABS05 Forbidden Deeper, enemies in the blue key arena spawn outside the arena.

14 minutes ago, Alter said:

Another bug, ABS05 Forbidden Deeper, enemies in the blue key arena spawn outside the arena.

That's not an actual bug. You have to be using default compatability settings, or at least turn off the one that stops monsters from crossing dropoffs. I saw this in action yesterday, do not play the mod in any compat mode other than default (I develop and test on default).

Oh crap! I've been inactive for so long I forgot about 1.5! Downloading it now. :)

On 11/6/2018 at 9:04 AM, Gez said:

Was that really necessary Gez?

Being rude to each other doesn't solve anything.

EDIT: WOW! It's awesome! The best version of the mod yet. :D

Edited by V0idH0und : Played the mod! :D

Alright guys. I did some testing and discovered there are some compat settings that WILL break maps. That means if you are waiting on 1.5a to download it, don't wait. There is no need for a 1.5a at this time. The MAP23 problem is due to a weird compat setting that has literally no information about it on the wiki. It was just an educated guess that I figured out the culprit.

I strongly advise you to play under default compat mode settings, but you need to be sure these 3 are always set as follows:

1) Monsters cannot cross dropoffs set to NO

2) Use Doom's point-on-line algorithm set to NO

3) Use original sound target handling set to NO

If there are any more, they should be minor.

Just wanted to drop in and say there's a lot of chatter about getting proper D64 lighting support in the Zdoom forums- looks like this may get done sooner rather than later!

58 minutes ago, A_D_M_E_R_A_L said:

1 thing to fix: Cyberdemon in the title screen fires rockets faster than in the OG D64

This was on purpose, IIRC.

The bigger issue is in the cast sequence. It was overlooked while I was testing stuff sadly. I was trying to sync it better and was experimenting with it. I don't fully understand how the timings and offsets work yet.

Still will keep up my offer to be the dunce coloring the maps "properly."

Granted, for that work to not be totally wasted, the main maps would need to be "frozen" since if there's still tweaks and bugfixes to them, it means it'd either need to happen on the modded map, or be thrown out with a new version.

Edited by Dark Pulse

You don't need to worry about that. I will be tackling a full recolor with the exact RGB colors from the original maps (with some minor tweaks for general improvement) for version 2.0. I appreciate the offer but I have it planned.

I'm encountering an issue with the imps and cyberdemons where they are firing over my head rather than at me (y-axis aim is always too high). I'm using GZDOOM 3.7.2 and D64RTR 1.5. Has anyone else experienced this?