Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hardcore_gamer

Some questions about downloading the Zdoom wiki

So I used this thing to download the zdoom wiki: http://www.httrack.com/page/2/

I am no expert here so I don't even know if I followed the right steps. Basically what I did was this:

"Enter project name"

I typed "Zdoom Wiki" and pressed enter

"Base path"

I assumed this is where the files would be downloaded so I typed "insert place on computer"

"Enter URLs"

I typed the location of the zdoom wiki

"Action center"

Had no real idea what this did so I just picked 1

"Proxy"

Ditto so I just pressed enter without typing anything

"You can define wildcards etc etc etc"

Ditto

"You can define additional options"

Ditto

Then afterward it asked if I wanted to launch the wizard and I said yes. Then it saved a bunch of stuff in the folder I specified. But here is the thing: The wiki appeared as a single firefox document which when activated just launches firefox. Is this normal? I was under the impression that the whole point of downloading the wiki using this program was to be able to read the wiki without needing to use the internet? Or perhaps the wiki works even if you are offline? Am I doing something wrong here?

It would be cool if somebody explained this process to me better :/

3 minutes ago, fraggle said:

What were you expecting to use to look at downloaded HTML files if not a web browser?

I was merely asking if the wiki would still be viewable even if I lost connection to the internet, or in case it's geo blocked in Europe because of article 13 next year. That's a large part of the reason I am downloading it.

2 hours ago, hardcore_gamer said:

I was merely asking if the wiki would still be viewable even if I lost connection to the internet,

Yes, you can view static HTML files on your computer even if you don't have a connection to the Internet. You can test this yourself by turning off wifi or pulling the Ethernet cable out the back of your computer.

or in case it's geo blocked in Europe because of article 13 next year. That's a large part of the reason I am downloading it.

Can I have some of what you're smoking?

What the fuck, why are you stealing the zdoom wiki? Are you some kind of a communist?

20 minutes ago, fraggle said:

Can I have some of what you're smoking?

Why would you willingly smoke something that gave you a negative IQ?

You're unlikely to get any better answers than the multiple ones in that thread from when you already asked a month ago.