Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Neurosis

What Video Game Are You Currently Playing?

I'm currently playing Project Eden 2001 and this is my second play through of it so far, already got up to Skytran which is level 7 and I seem to be getting through the game a lot faster this time despite not remembering most of the puzzles straight away. I still enjoy this game and I don't care how dated it looks, but they did try to make the locations look run down on purpose which does make the game look older.

Super Ghouls 'n' Ghosts is now beaten. The final boss was fairly reasonable, although discerning the pattern to the attack/vulnerability combo that it does is pretty rough, as it occasionally deliberately(?) delays the attack to counter the vulnerability. As a reward, the game runs through a demo/listing of some of the enemies, gives the Princess' measurements and then gives a short list of credits that's comprised of pseudonyms. It was a different time back then. That's my revised gaming objective for Halloween complete! But I'll keep going with the FEAR expansions and maybe something else before November, if I have time.

EDIT: I've spent a brief hour with FEAR Extraction Point. It exchanges the text scaling problem of the main game for a curious fixation on 4:3 resolutions. I'm playing with the biggest option available (obviously), but it's not making full use of the width of my monitor. It looks fine, though, and it's nice to be able to read the HUD at a glance. The expansion pack picks up exactly where the main one left off, but adds in destructible crates and the ability to melee or explode doors open. It was good to see the inactive replicas return before Paxton was unceremoniously resurrected and the action came back. I've noticed there's a variation on the cloaked enemies that seems to be Alma's stealth attacker. They're doing a number on the Replica soldiers, but haven't even tried to attack me, yet. This solidly feels like more of the same, but I'm happy enough with that and will blow through it tomorrow, I suspect.

Edited by Phobus

I eventually managed to man up and finish Silent Hill, and I don't regret a thing. It was a fantastic experience, and I'm planning to play the following two games in the near future.

The other thing I was playing a lot was Quake Champions (yes, "was". More on that below). The movement is FANTASTIC, it really feels like a modern iteration of Quake 3, and that's good because I never got to play Q3 online back in the day. Yes, the champion's abilities are annoying and let you score cheap kills every now and then, but the core gameplay is still skill-based. Besides, it's probably the best arena shooter we're gonna get in this day and age.

Also, I finally got my hands on Doom 2016, and it's beautiful. What can I say that hasn't been said already? Suffice to say, I'm enjoying it a lot, or rather would be if my graphics card hadn't decided to start agonizing and display graphical glitches all over the place on more than one game (QC included). I bought it two months ago and it's already showing problems... ugh... I went to the store I bought it in and told them that the damn thing wasn't working properly, so now they're keeping the card hostage but I should be getting a replacement soon [/rant]

So I just went ahead and replayed Soldier of Fortune... and finished it really quickly (5 hour campaign? Really?) but it was a fun time. Blowing someone's head off with a shotgun never gets old :)

And I'm now playing Unreal Tournament (with bots). I hadn't played it before, so it's an interesting experience to see what once was Quake 3's competition. That announcer though! It's really cool to see what was probably the first iteration of kill streaks and whatnot.

Stargunner, the last game that has Apogee Software logo in it before Apogee turned to 3D Realms(correct me if I'm wrong.) It's a horizontal side-scrolling shooter game that takes place in three different places. Outer space, some rocky planet and an underwater planet. Man, this game is tough yet fun at the same time.

Been playing Castlevania SOTN lately after I saw a streamer go through it for the first time. After he got the bad ending, it was a joy to see him put two and two together and figure out how to get to the second half of the game. Then he managed to get a Crissagram (sp?) within five minutes of entering the inverted Library. That thing is broken beyond belief.

I'm shooting for the 200.6% achievement, but WTF is up with the inverted Underground Caves? I keep gravity jumping and slamming Alucard's head into the water-covered ceilings, but the minimap doesn't show it's explored?

Pro Pillki 2.

A simple sport videogame about fishing. My grandpa loved to play this game in his old PC. No plot, no enemies, no violence. Only fishing under the ice. Also it can works on differents PC. It's no matter if you have a powerful or unpowerful PC.

That's FEAR Extraction Point down. For some reason, about halfway through Interval 3, I got an intermittent issue where each new level start would knock me back to the main menu claiming I was disconnected from the server. I even got an Out of Memory error when trying to get back in at one point, which to me would imply the game wasn't aware of the 32GB of RAM my PC has. I noticed the game starting to run poorly in the first half of Interval 5, as well, so there must be some serious inefficiencies there. The new minigun heavies with their shields weren't very welcome, although the real star of the "I hate these fuckers" category was the fully invisible ghost things I mentioned in my last post. They seemed to keep getting under or just next to my shotgun blasts. The whole hospital deal was pretty atmospheric, unlike the action-heavy previous Interval 4. The finale was a bit underwhelming, but I guess ending on a negative is pretty standard for horror.

On to FEAR Perseus Mandate.

I was playing that particular level just now, but I'm not the one playing in this video.

Guess what game it's a reference to...

Beaten Perseus Mandate. It felt a lot more action-oriented than Extraction Point and the main game. There's plenty of AI scripted battles, fewer horror sections (that don't involve shooting stuff still) and you often have at least one AI buddy with you. Good stuff! I think I'll try and resurrect my Thief: Gold saved game and see if I can finish that before November, as it's got some supernatural elements and I think I'm currently in some sort of graveyard. It's a loose grasp of horror, but it'll do!

Been having some fun with Quake since I never got around playing it from start to finish.

4 hours ago, Phobus said:

Beaten Perseus Mandate. It felt a lot more action-oriented than Extraction Point and the main game. There's plenty of AI scripted battles, fewer horror sections (that don't involve shooting stuff still) and you often have at least one AI buddy with you. Good stuff! I think I'll try and resurrect my Thief: Gold saved game and see if I can finish that before November, as it's got some supernatural elements and I think I'm currently in some sort of graveyard. It's a loose grasp of horror, but it'll do!

Return to the Haunted Cathedral genuinely creeps the hell out of me.

Playing Red Dead Redemption 2

It has a lot of really great moments, lots and LOTS of small details and a good deal of polish. The amount of customization is pretty staggering and the amount of systems at play are overwhelming.

That said, there's a lot of slow boring parts to it too. Controls feel finicky and can cause issues and sometimes the console's performance can cause some framerate issues, especially when playing first person and trying to turn the camera. There's a lot of mundance activities as well, like doing chores for your gang's camp, picking up hunted animals and putting them on your horse to either sell or donate to your camp, hair grows in real time so if you want a big bushy beard you have to wait, among many other things that feel fine doing them in a first playthrough but I'm going to hate them in a second playthrough.

The physics system is still a good time though. I got off my horse, went to grab a rifle from it's saddle, another person on a horse was riding by too close and bumped into my character who then stumbled into my horse and fell over right into the giant pile of shit it had dumped just seconds before, now smearing all over my character who now has to go through a river or take a bath to wash it off.

Also the game has dismemberment, so using shotguns at close range is highly encouraged.

I saw the title of this thread and thought it said 'What Game Are You Currently Watching' and was like, these topics are getting weirder. It's late and I'm tired...

I'm playing some No Man's Sky. Looking forward the Abyss update coming next week sometime.

11 hours ago, Doom_Dude said:

I'm playing some No Man's Sky. Looking forward the Abyss update coming next week sometime.

They're still updating that game?

23 hours ago, Agent6 said:

Been having some fun with Quake since I never got around playing it from start to finish.

You'll have to tell us what you think when you finish it!

It's kind of annoying when Blood Omen locks me out of a dungeon after finishing it, even when there are still some goodies inside that I missed. Maybe it's just me, but I find it way too easy to get lost in this game. Thank goodness for online walkthroughs. 

4 hours ago, KVELLER said:

They're still updating that game?

Yeah, 2 years later and they're still fixing shit and adding stuff. There's an upcoming mysterious update called The Abyss that looks to improve underwater stuffs.

Edited by Doom_Dude

4 hours ago, Ajora said:

It's kind of annoying when Blood Omen locks me out of a dungeon after finishing it, even when there are still some goodies inside that I missed. Maybe it's just me, but I find it way too easy to get lost in this game. Thank goodness for online walkthroughs. 

Not as bad as getting locked in the dungeon which I found out the hard way can happen if you go back to Malek's Bastion after the boss fight there.

12 minutes ago, HUNdebLeonidasX said:

Playing some "Punisher" this week

It looked more bloody then i was younger

Which one? There's quite a few, some of which I've played through.

Mirror's Edge (2009), time trials are addictive, and for some reason I spent so much time on the menu, the music is so good.

On 10/28/2018 at 3:27 PM, KVELLER said:

You'll have to tell us what you think when you finish it!

Eh, I'm only a week late with my reply, almost :v .

Other than being fantastic there's not much else to say. You see, I've already finished the base game a few times with some neat texture packs for Darkplaces but I've never ventured any further (mods and even the expansion packs), so this time around I'm doing just that. I'm also streaming the game if you're interested.

Also revisiting Duke Caribbean and damn it I don't remember some of the incredibly frustrating enemies.

I have been playing Castlevania: Symphony Of The Night for a while now and I'm enjoying it so far. I've made it in the Inverted Castle and I have to say, it's one hell of a difficult turn in the game.

On 11/7/2018 at 6:11 AM, BrassKnight said:

I have been playing Castlevania: Symphony Of The Night for a while now and I'm enjoying it so far. I've made it in the Inverted Castle and I have to say, it's one hell of a difficult turn in the game.

Just get two Crissaegrims in the Forbidden library, equip one in each hand and lawnmower your way through the rest of the game. I should go back and play through that game again, it's been probably 10 years. It's really enjoyable, and I love the inverted castle, it's a nice way to extend the game.

Right now I'm replaying what's available for Amid Evil. I wasn't terribly impressed when I played through the first three episodes, but that's probably been almost a year. Going back through them, it's apparent they've done quite a few updates to the combat and the enemies; the game is quite a bit funner this time through. The first time most of the enemies felt like they had no physical presence, they were just fodder to mow down that didn't respond to getting hit, and all they could do was run straight at you and die. I'm noticing the enemies with projectile attacks seem more likely to keep their distance and dodge.