Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
seed

Post Your Epic Moments

Well, basically what the title says.

Since we have a topic for our most stupid (be them fun or not) deaths, I figured we could use one for our best moments. So ladies and gentlemen, post your best moments in Doom right here.

Punching a Cyberdemon to death with just my fist.  Granted I was in berserk mode and grabbed a green sphere before I dealt the final blows, but it sure was cool looking. 

Well very recently I was replaying Doom 64 on the actual N64 and I just finished it the other day. Killing the Mother Demon on Watch Me Die with that controller is mighty satisfying. It took me a few tries but after deciding to just use the Unmaker upgrade keys, I was able to squeeze every millisecond out of the invulnerability that I could and get the Mother Demon stuck in a pain state stun lock and then killed it! Yelled "fuuuuck youuuuuuuu" as it died! So awesome.

30 minutes ago, Nevander said:

Well very recently I was replaying Doom 64 on the actual N64 and I just finished it the other day. Killing the Mother Demon on Watch Me Die with that controller is mighty satisfying. It took me a few tries but after deciding to just use the Unmaker upgrade keys, I was able to squeeze every millisecond out of the invulnerability that I could and get the Mother Demon stuck in a pain state stun lock and then killed it! Yelled "fuuuuck youuuuuuuu" as it died! So awesome.

Noice.

Now that you mention the Demon keys, it's quite pathetic when you look at how weak the base Unmaker is. I still remember when I first played Doom 64 that I rarely used it, I didn't consult any walkthrough or guide to tell me where the secret exits were either, and the more I advanced in the game the clearer it became how painfully useless it was without them.

I wish they made the base Unmaker stronger than it ended up being. It sure shows its power against the Mother Demon fully upgraded though, it destroys her in just a few shots, but without them it's just a cool looking weapon.

I think it's usually epic to die right on the health sphere you were desperately aiming for, or close to it. The other day it happened in this, by all means, green map from Gridlock 64. It wasn't really that epic, because in slaughterfests it becomes a regular thing, but it's impossible to not stay open-mouthed at that.

Other epic moments experienced are more connected to my earlier days with the game, like the first time I set the Gotcha! infight, which turned out in a draw (they both died at the same exact millisecond), or when I finally met Go 2 It, which felt amazing. I face those kind of cases on a daily basis, nowadays.

Funniest epic moment I'll never forget was in Valiant, when a revenant and a suicide bomber randomly crashed into each other and died, while I was staring at them from safety. I wish I was recording that moment, because it was fucking hilarious.

Doom, E3M8. I had been firing rockets at the SMM and she had been pelting me with bullets when I was exposed and moving too slowly. I switched to the BFG 9000 and fired off what turned out to be the kill shot. As she collapsed into a bloody pile, I looked at the HUD and saw that my health was at 1%.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m56fxwaJ63M

Ok but really, there can only be one IMO, and that's my Coffee Break Ironman run. Something else that springs to mind was that time I cleared the last fight of Oscillation MAP09 solo on a survival server with -fast and double monster damage, but unfortunately it wasn't recorded. I do have this screenshot of the leaderboard afterwards though.

So this just happened during testing. Cyberdemon helplessly stuck on an edge with barons pounding away at it.

4INh9c2.png

e1: and the other cyberdemon was finished by an errant revenant missile.

I was out in the open, an Archvile was too. It had a height advantage and started casting a spell on me. I've desperately looked around for some health, and in the nearly last second, ran towards it, grabbed it, did an Archvile jump towards the Archvile, melted the fucker with my plasma rifle.

So I don't know whether to take the full credit for this or not, but I just had a really funny moment in Doom 2 just now and I so badly wish I had my capture device recording. 

I am playing the map "Inmost Dens" and I hopped off the edge near the red key barriers.  You know, so you can get on that lift to get a vantage point of that area with the Arch-Vile.  Anyways, the lift puts me on top and I fire the BFG and it hits the Arch-Vile almost dead center, but doesn't kill it and rather kills a few enemies around it and it starts to do it's attack as I quickly switch to the Rocket Launcher to finish it off and I missed and hit behind one of the Sergeants that was still alive and not only did the splash damage push it forward, but it pushed it forward enough so that it was in the path of the Arch-Vile's attack on me and I didn't get hit and the dead Sergeant's body flew across the whole area.  Up until seeing that, I never knew the Arch-Vile's attack launched you so much!  I'm still laughing to myself as I'm typing this.  

Got my ass kicked shortly afterwards though, because I mismanaged my resources :v .

Old Brutal Doom video snippet from 2013. Kicking a severed Mancubus head off an alcove sets off a few barrels down below.

my most epic moment caught on video was surviving this: holy shit I was so terrified... and the slime could have killed me too ;).

I can't stop watching this, for some reason

Edit: I just find it so funny, I wasn't expecting him to die with one shot but he was pushed so far back... that always gets me

Perhaps nothing really special, but I liked how I killed the last Imp at the window while falling.

Couldn't think of a better name, but at least it's representative.

It was on Plutonia 2 map22. I had wasted all of my ammo and there was a cyber left standing on a narrow corridor/ledge I had to run through. All I had left was a single bullet. I was pretty much dead too. And I'm one of those neurotic people who play saveless.

I went FOR THE IMPERIUM and charged the cyber with the chaingun, landing my last shot as I dodged the incoming rockets.

And that chunk of meat fucking died.

And it took me a bit of time to realize what did just happen.

On 1/23/2019 at 4:07 AM, Novaseer said:

Beating literally any Ancient Aliens level without dying.

In my case it was beating Map 11 of Ancient Aliens on UV-saveless. I was just trying out for the sake of it and it was after I beat AA on HMP.