Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dragonfly

[RELEASE] Order Of The Odonata - Vinesauce 2018 entry

It's about time this saw a proper release!  It was a blast to test through and I'm looking forward to giving the final version another go!

Fingers crossed for a high place in Joel's competition!  

This is the map I showed screenshots to my wife that made her try Doom for the first time, now I'll actually get to let her play the map :)

I should probably mention this is unchanged from the release given to Joel! I had plans for certain parts being more difficult (such as the boss) but right now my focus is on other things. If there's interest in a "hard mode" I might make a future re-release. :D

Good lord, this looks amazing. I will download this and try to play it later. Even postponing my mapping just for you. :P

Congratz on the release! This map's screenshots in the picture thread was actually the reason I started paying attention to your maps :)))))

wheej

Spoiler

Screenshot_Doom_20181110_174057.png

There's an area where the player can slip through the fence around the outer part of the map where you find the lone chaingun. The church windows can be shot through as well, but those are the only bugs I could find. I was a little worried that my laptop wouldn't be able to run it, but by the looks of things this runs pretty well. Combat felt a little ambush-centric at times, but the fact that I beat this first try suggests that it's fair and (more importantly) I still had fun. Looking forward to seeing where this places.

I've found a lot of your recent speed maps to be unreasonably difficult, so I was really happy to play something of yours that's more accessible. It's a very cool map - a perfect showcase for modern GZDoom, with a great mixture of 3D floors, models and features whilst still implementing a fast-paced game play that is recognisably Doom II.

Just finished playing this. Incredible work! Difficulty felt just right and detailing was spot-on without being excessive. As funny as it might sound, but my favourite little detail from this map was probably those dragonfly banners of yours fluttering in the wind :) I gotta say, was a little worried that performance might not be up to scratch, yet was completely blown away by how smooth it actually ran with both ambient occlusion and tonemap activated in GZDoom's opengl settings. If this is any indication on how Elementalism will look and play - I'm sold!

For the life of me, couldn't figure out how to get to the blue armour secret. Any hints? Never mind, figured it out :)

Edited by AL-97

About time this gets released - had my eyes on it for a good while.

I'll give it a spin shortly. c:

Alright, I was maybe expecting a slightly longer map than what it actually was, but in any case, what the map did offer was overall great. The visuals were eye-catching, the music was perfectly picked, the gameplay was just challenging enough - and holy shit, that effect of the portal to the final boss arena opening up and the subsequent showing of the arena taking shape. My only complaint is that the boss was perhaps slightly too difficult with his projectile patterns. But considering how awesome the rest of it was, it's only a minor gripe.

10 minutes ago, MFG38 said:

My only complaint is that the boss was perhaps slightly too difficult

I would add to that, that the boss's death is barely noticeable. On my first playthrough, I completely missed the moment I killed it. There's no explosion, no blood splatters, no death scream or anything. It's just like, puff! And it's gone.

I decided to have a crack at speedrunning this map today. Not sure if the route is optimal or not but my performance certainly WASN'T optimal - which leaves room for one or more of you to come along and compete! ;)

If you've not played the map yet, I'd suggest playing it before watching this video, as it reveals a few secret areas, etc. :)

Is great to see new relleased map from you. This was such a great experience and tons of fun. I really like your use of gzdoom featuress and 3d models.  Detailing and combat feels spot on and ballanced very nicely. Layout feels really good, not complicated to navigate but not easy too and nicely interconnected. Incredible work sir, love your work.

The way how everything start to raise before boss fight... my jaw fall down very quickly.

Finally got around to playing this.  Very cool map.  So many "How did he even do that?!" moments.  Combat wasn't too tough, but definitely fun.  Very much enjoyed all around.  Thanks for making it, DF, was a blast to play.