Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doomkid

Craving some piping hot duck for dinner

duckguy.png

Does anyone have any leads on this sneaky little duck? I want some duck for dinner

(i need it to finally have 110skins done, ffs it's taken me so long but i'm SO CLOSE)

It's part of the pack of skins used with TNS. If nobody else links it to you or you can't find a server to download it from, I may be able to find it on my comp after work.

Also quack.

37 minutes ago, Fonze said:

I may be able to find it on my comp after work

So you'll take a gander then?

Maybe I'm just a complete goof (well, certainly) but I've looked through various TNS wads and skin packs and simply cannot find it. I can't even find it on rhinoduck's TNS site, if you have had a gander and found it I'd love to see it Fonze

Yeah that's upsetting to see that not only were those sprites made with that as their lump name, but also that it hasn't been renamed yet??? I like the idea of having tons of skins for people to be able to have many choices on a character to play, and it also makes dm's more fun when everybody is a different character, but it is a shame that casual racism hasn't been stomped out more by this point.

That aside, as far as the duck sprites go, I'm glad somebody else linked the resources, as I wasn't sure if they were publicly sharable after findind them and was awaiting an answer.

@Grain of Salt I'd like to see your hud paired with that duck-sprite. Maybe one day we can reach singularity with a fully animated duck hud, sounds, and skin set :D

On behalf of the whole TeamTNS:

I don't know who gathered the skins for the tns-rsrc but it was a very long time ago and most likely done without much care in this manner: Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V.

The reason why it hasn't been renamed until now is simply that no one noticed it or pointed it out in the heap of now over 1500 lumps organized in no particular order.

A version with renamed sprites can be temporarily found here and will be used from the next TNS.

Thank you for reporting this and thanks, @Eris Falling, for making the changes.

Edited by Keyboard_Doomer

For whatever it’s worth those sprites were created and named by Toke quite some years ago. Im glad it’s been mentioned, I’ll rename them to something a bit more tasteful in any skin packs I compile from now on. (Also TNS is survival not dm)