Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tracer

The story behind your custom avatar

On ‎8‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 12:34 PM, NeedHealth said:

What does my avatar say ? Out of the avatars posted by Grazza, I liked this one for some reason.

POL3.gif

The graphics are from Equinox. I just made them into an animated gif.

On ‎8‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 12:26 PM, GarrettChan said:

I've used to your Arch-vile avatar, and although this one is adorable, it feels weird to me now.

It works better at a smaller size, I suppose, but I don't know of a higher-res version. The vile also goes better with the Mt Erebus background.

On ‎8‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 12:26 PM, Lila Feuer said:

spispuk2.gif
Wow now that is annoying. 😒

I only used that one very briefly, and just to make a point. But whether it was in response to UltraViolet's blinking monstrosity (attached) or Fredrik's fishy mess, I don't recall.

UVBlink.gif

Lol a thread from 2003. I can assure you the times have changed since, but maybe we should be inspired in order to avoid catching e-worms.

A friend of mine said I should make one for Steam, so I did.
I threw a bunch of jpg's and png's around in gimp that then my pc promptly blue screened [good 'ol early Win10]
and thus this abomination was birthed into the world...

guhhuh.png

My avatar is the logo of "Brotherhood of nod" faction from Command And Conquer Tiberian Sun and my name is based on a name of a unit from the said game.

On 8/2/2018 at 8:02 AM, Deadwing said:

It's Lagartha from Viking's, which is a series I love, especially her character.

yeah i noticed her right away when you uploaded that pic.

I dunno what the story is behind my avatar... I did find it in a "post weird pictures" thread on 420chan so it's probably some stoner having a giggle with their pet goat.

My avatar comes from Clock Tower , one my favourite SNES game and also horror game.

Mine avatar is from Hollow Knight. Sad and gloomy, but visually impressive indie game. 

On 11/22/2018 at 6:26 PM, Roofi said:

My avatar comes from Clock Tower , one my favourite SNES game and also horror game.

Wasn't Clock Tower a PS1 Game? Or was it ported form the SNES version? :o

1 hour ago, Misty said:

Mine avatar is from Hollow Knight. Sad and gloomy, but visually impressive indie game. 

This avatar is fantastic.

6 hours ago, Oxyde said:

Wasn't Clock Tower a PS1 Game? Or was it ported form the SNES version? :o

SNES Clock Tower is the original. It was ported to the PS1 and Windows afterwards.

The SNES version was released only in Japan but you can find a translated rom on Internet.

The ps1 has a remastered version and also a 3d game but I still prefer the original.

My current avatar is a antagonist from "Invasion from the Unknown", a cyberpunkish add-on for the Battle for Wesnoth game.

Here is she, unmasked :

elyssa.png

I haven't played the IftU extension yet, but I find the concept and the art very cool.

Edited by soner du

1 hour ago, soner du said:

My current avatar is a antagonist from "Invasion from the Unknown", a cyberpunkish add-on for the Battle for Wesnoth game.

Here is she, unmasked :

elyssa.png

I haven't played the IftU extension yet, but I find the concept and the art very cool.

Man, I love her so much. You must play it, you won't regret. Even now, after story was rewritten and became much better.

It turns out my ancient low-res Aeon Flux avatar looks like it was rendered by a potato on the current version of the forums, so I went with a cute fanart of Jasper from Steven Universe since I have a heavy affinity for her.

The source of my current profile picture is that it's a bunch of monsters (from the unreleased "More Slugcats" mod for the game rain world) that are merged together using devtools into some Frankensteinian abomination. I named it Bob, for obvious reasons.

Ivittuut! The former emblem of a ghost town in Greenland that used to be a municipality.

Edit: now changed it to the better-quality version from this page. Yeah, I'm too lazy to scan it in from one of my Saga Greenland maps. Ivittuut is one of only two that appears on more than one of the 20 maps in the red series (the other being Qaqortoq).

Edited by Grazza

it's a Phanto from Super Mario Bros 2 (USA), one of my favorite retro games. it's known for chasing you around the screen when you grab a key and causing nightmares.

I wanted to make a personal insignia to add to my art and other projects, with the concepts of thanatos and machinery combined. A hexagonal bolt head and a mechanical skull. Only took a few minutes to make, and I've been using it everywhere for the past 18 years. Too bad I complete quit drawing in 2013.