Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Maître Jambon

[GZDoom] 11Novembre

5 hours ago, Maître Jambon said:

Thoughest wad ever.

Strong words. It's almost like you're trying to goad people into clicking the link of downloading the file to try your map.

That's not necessarily the best look.

Anyway, with regards to the map, someone would eventually post a link to the New to Mapping Map Posting Guidelines, but what you're missing is basically:

• Your target compatibility (if it's not vanilla)
  • What port you tested your map in (Chocolate Doom, GZDoom, etc.)
    •  If you design a map for a lower compatibility, but only test it in GZDoom (for example), you could inadvertently end up covering up things that will cause the level to crash in the intended port or use actions that don't work in the intended port.
    • It's always best to test the map in your intended port
  • What IWAD your map uses (if it's not doom2.wad)
  • Which map it is (if it's not Doom 2 Map 01)
  • Screenshots (see below)
  • Also, if you have any custom resources that you didn't, you should credit the original authors
    • And if you did make them, mention that because other people may want to use them if they're good

5 hours ago, Maître Jambon said:

Can't provide screenshots, just try it, please :<

Unfortunately, you're not going to get as much interest if you can't post screenshots. If there is some technical reason you can't post screenshots right now, just say so, or that you'll add them later (and then add them later). Otherwise, it just seems suspicious that you declare your map to be the hardest ever, but I can't show you any details, so just try it.

At least you said please, so that was nice.

Edited by Pegleg : Added to the bullet list and moved some parts of the message around.

So, this is a thoughest wad ever - texture choices makes french flag and zombiemen go and go and go and below is written "civilian casualties", idk how much player must wait until everything ends. Not sure why author decided to not tell details. I guess today is important day for french people or I'm wrong?

Screenshot_Doom_20181111_155259.png

13 minutes ago, Misty said:

So, this is a thoughest wad ever - texture choices makes french flag and zombiemen go and go and go and below is written "civilian casualties", idk how much player must wait until everything ends. Not sure why author decided to not tell details. I guess today is important day for french people or I'm wrong?

[IMAGE]

Indeed it's important [wikipedia]

You should have just said what the WAD really was instead of baiting people into the "hardest level ever!!1!". I actually think its a kinda cool WAD for what it is, if these numbers are real it really makes ya think, you know?

Honestly with such an awful opening post I presumed the link was to a virus.  It was the thread equivalent of spam mail.