Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Phoby

If you could add a weapon, what would it be?

given the trend that most of the ammo types have a basic weapon and a version that's improved in some cases (and the fist also has the chainsaw), it seems only fitting that a grenade launcher would serve as the basic version of the rocket launcher, clearly.

Beyond that not much else comes to mind, I can't think of anything that really adds much more to the game without providing some niche utility or something. hmm.

Dual Pistols, dual wielding is always a nice thing to have, even if the weapon isn't gonna be powerful.

Single/Dual S&W 500 Magnums, a really powerful upgrade to the starting pistols, but with the drawback of them using special Magnum ammo, which would be much rarer.

AR-15 Varmint Rifle, it's always nice to have something that works like a bullet hose, but at a lower tier to the Chaingun by it being burst fire instead of full-auto. And to balance it out, buff the Chaingun's RoF and DPS while lowering the accuracy and moving the sniping capability to the Varmint Rifle. Could go one step further by adding a rifle ammo type and make the Varmint capable of switching between pistol caliber mode and rifle caliber mode, while making the Chaingun use the rifle ammo exclusively.

Triple Grenade Launcher, this is a spin on the generic grenade launcher. The grenade launcher's role is to carpet an area quickly with a mass of explosions, and so, instead of firing single grenades one after the other around corners, it would fire a spread of 3 grenades per shot, quickly carpeting the area with powerful shrapnel.

Railgun, this is a no-brainer for me, it's always nice to have a higher tier weapon that has a slow-firing attack that is both powerful and precise, and can penetrate weaker enemies. A lightning gun is also an option, but it would share too much properties with the plasma gun.

The same answer I give when this topic comes up:

-Flamethrower

-have it share ammo with the rockets(rename rocket ammo to the more generic "explosives")

-Have it be a short range plasmarifle that does waaaay more damage, but that eats through the already scarce rocket ammo fast

Assault rifle, basically a faster shooting pistol with tighter spread. 

Also, the Demon Hand. I always imagined it threw big fireballs in a wide spread, like the <S> gun in Contra. Would make a great weapon against hordes of weaker enemies and would help fighting when running away.

railgun with a scope

high powered pistol

throwable kunai

katana

hand-thrown grenades

magic

explosive lightning gun

weapons that you can scavenge from monsters dead bodies like revenant armor or cyberdemon arm

tanks

plasma turrets and machine gun turrets

breakable physical shields that you can use to charge monsters with

temporary energy shields like the ability in halo

cacodemon horn with a handle

Given the fact that Doom has a Heavy and Thrash Metal theme to it, I would be cool to see a Demonic and Brutal Electric Guitar that Doomguy can use a weapon. With it, Doomguy can play some bloody riffs that emits powerful waves of musical energy that is harmful to a demon's ears, causing them to bleed an entire flood that can be enough to fill a bathtub. The guitar can also have an ultimate attack that can charged up with each kill, in which Doomguy will then play a brutal guitar solo that lasts for a few seconds and it can kill a mass amount of enemies, like the BFG 9000 but with its own stats. The guitar could also be used as a melee weapon, similar to the guitars in Left 4 Dead 2.

grena0.png.ed6fef97423fb42779646726debd3458.png

Wasn't there an option in Marine's Best Friend to have a grenade launcher instead of a rocket launcher? 

It has always seemed implausible to me how much weaponry and ammo Doomguy carries already. I reckon he must have an electric golf caddy with him, not just a haversack.

Edited by Chipchase : Added note

On 11/17/2018 at 11:55 AM, TakenStew22 said:

What in the actual fuck is that place?

Post Hell. You were able to access it before the Forum update early last year. I think only Ling can access it now.

6 minutes ago, Sgt Nate V said:

Post Hell. You were able to access it before the Forum update early last year. I think only Ling can access it now.

I think I know why it was removed...

On 11/10/2018 at 12:11 AM, coolbisondude said:

freeze ray!!

duke-nukem-freezethrower.jpg

I know I'm ruining the fun here, and that realism has no place in ye olde 2.5D shooters, but if you can make a gun that shoots a freeze ray, wouldn't it be easier to use that same tech and make a HUGE fuck-off laser that delivers even more bang for the same amount of power? I have a somewhat limited understanding of physics, but I'm sure that it's easier to heat things than freeze things - my hunch says it has to do with entropy.

Living chainsaw like weapon. Weapon that could bites someone in near distance.

And this:

prey_whereweapons_0007_Layer_2.jpg

Gloo cannon

Edited by Teder

2 hours ago, Rimantas said:

Magical flute making monsters dance.

There was a very old Wolf3D like game, called Nitemare 3D, that had a radio in one of the levels and enemies were dancing for a short time when you switched it on. That was one ugly game, but this moment stood out as something great.

On 11/19/2018 at 8:27 AM, FractalBeast said:

I know I'm ruining the fun here, and that realism has no place in ye olde 2.5D shooters, but if you can make a gun that shoots a freeze ray, wouldn't it be easier to use that same tech and make a HUGE fuck-off laser that delivers even more bang for the same amount of power? I have a somewhat limited understanding of physics, but I'm sure that it's easier to heat things than freeze things - my hunch says it has to do with entropy.

Well, let's not forget this...

600px-Sw_rail_gun_equipped.jpg.76942d3d8b04ddb708d6175cb1d7df81.jpg