Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dragonfly

[WIP] Eviternity - A Boom Format Megawad

3 hours ago, DoomGater said:

THIS LOOKS REALLY AMAZING. Good luck for the remaining work- Hurry up , time is fleeting!!  :-)

I'm on it, boss! Live right now. :)

Saw this some tine before. Yes, that hell tower is absolutely impressive.  Came here again from the otex thread. You're doing an amazing job.

Edited by Pirx

On 7/10/2018 at 12:00 PM, BioRenegat said:

Every molecule of my body craves to see, how this delightful masterpiece will grace humanity to shatter our minds with it's pure glory. Or in another words, really pumped up for this project! It looks really promising, and I'm fairly certain you will deliver something truly special in the end, can't wait to see further updates of it.

How such a beauty description to a megamagnificient wad!

1 hour ago, Gez said:

"Remember: there's no 'I' in team contrubutors" :p

Hah, I can't believe I didn't spot that when proofreading the post. Thanks Gez! :)

That moment when the BTSX team decided to release ep 3 on Doom's 25th birthday, but then Dragonfly crashed the party (No, I do not actually possess any information regarding BTSX).

Screenies are awesome, I am so excited for this! Them new textures are looking fantastic too. Keep the good stuff coming.

Edited by Firedust

This is definitely number 1 on the list of things I'm waiting to play. Keep up the excellent work!

Just a little update: we have a 'progress tracker spreadsheet' here which you can look at: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_RPcjON82FsRv8d5LPVjleVzJ0dVR5ohDs94OYehx0o/edit#gid=0

All maps' initial builds are either complete or in progress! The wad is rapidly becoming close to completion and I couldn't be more excited about it! :)

I'll drop a 5th dev blog post when I'm about to release the project, but for now it's crunch time. If anyone's interested, I'm continuing on from Eris Falling's efforts on MAP29, on stream tonight. :)

Woah, that sheet is awesome!
It makes really easy to see how the project is shaping up! Can't wait to play the whole thing

It has been really useful for at-a-glance management of the project, that's for sure. Feel free to utilise the structure for your own projects, hopefully it can help more people! :D

There are some screens which show slopes even though all maps should be Boom format. Are those achieved by breaking a sector to many minisectors?

Looks impressive. Hope it will not induce a performance dip on high resolutions.

That looks actually better than real slopes, due to its "pixely style". Hot damn, this WAD...

1 hour ago, Paar said:

Looks impressive. Hope it will not induce a performance dip on high resolutions.

I've only used it in 'low density areas' so to speak, and in notably sparing amounts, as you can see here, only a small doorway.

18 hours ago, Paar said:

There are levels and areas in Eviternity that push Boom format levels rather far, and an older computer might struggle. I think my map in particular might cause some problems, but for the most part I think you should be fine.

Probably will not notice anything in GZDoom, especially with OpenGL renderer. PrBoomPlus could struggle but I'm sure it will not be a big of a deal.

It could be interesting to test the map pack in DOSBox with Boom source port.

1 hour ago, Paar said:

:

That exact setup won't work since Eviternity requires complevel 11, meaning MBF compatibility. More on the difference between Boom and MBF: https://doomwiki.org/wiki/MBF

3 hours ago, Paar said:

I'm pretty sure it will be using some MBF features. I don't think DOSBox is in this mapset's scope. By "Boom" compatible it probably means PrBoom+ compatible, which means it will have some features the original Boom source port doesn't have.

Edit: God darn i should have refreshed the page, didn't see ukrio's reply

Fortunately, MBF works under DOS too. I just cannot resist the idea of playing something this detailed in such an outdated environment. It will probably be unplayable but who knows, I could be surprised. That doesn't mean I will play through all of the pack. Just to try a level or two.