• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Captain Red

Should the Simpsons be ended?

Should they stop making new episodes?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Should they stop making new episodes?

• Yes. It is way past its use by date.
    • No. It is still great!
    • I abstain.

i still find it funny, though i admit some episodes totaly suck. but i tend to like the humor that leavs u thinking "what the fuck?"
like a horse dancing with a man at night under a traffic light attached to a tree. then the man says "i here the apple pie is good here"

Sephiroth said:

i still find it funny, though i admit some episodes totaly suck. but i tend to like the humor that leavs u thinking "what the fuck?"
like a horse dancing with a man at night under a traffic light attached to a tree. then the man says "i here the apple pie is good here"

Twin Peaks has the best apple pie.

The Reverend Julian said:

True that.

It's already classic. The Simpsons need Family Guy syndrome, only show a couple new episodes every few months, you know? I don't think the show should be stopped now, but lately it seems that the more new episodes the greater the suck rate.

Ct_red_pants said:

They need to end the show NOW. While the good episodes outnumber the bad. It’s only one crappy season away from that now...

This post is 100% correct.

And when it does end, the final episode had better be a great one or I will be seriously disappointed.

You mean all the episodes made from 1990 to 1995, or has been going through ALL the episodes for 7 years?

Ct_red_pants said:

Pay attention Matt.

I think it's more Fox than Matt... Matt's more involved with Futurama than Simpsons AFAIK

Oh yeah. Die Simpsons. You used to be good, but now you are getting pretty lame.

I still like the Simpsons, but I think that's also because shows airing in Holland are erratic and most of the time years behind... Thank god for downloadable episodes :P Let's see if The Simpsons survive their 300th show in Februari... :P

GooberMan said:

I think it's more Fox than Matt... Matt's more involved with Futurama than Simpsons AFAIK

Err, no-one's involved in Futurama - it's been axed. Although there is talk of a movie...

GooberMan said:

Hmmm that explains why I still laugh my arse off at Futurama, and not the Simpsons.

Heh, this thread reminds me of all those comments written by "elder women": "that show should not be shown on tv, it's so bad and I don't like it" and "do not show so much sports on tv" etc.

The fact is that if enough people watches a show, it will stay. If no one doesn't it will be axed. I don't care what they will show on TV, because no one can make me watch all that crap. If someone likes a show, I have nothing against it (of course I don't tolerate anything rasist etc.)

AndrewB said:

You mean all the episodes made from 1990 to 1995, or has been going through ALL the episodes for 7 years?

The tv station started airing sometime in 1995. They've been showing a Simpsons episode every day ever since, going through all the pre-1995 episodes first and adding the new ones as they came available. It's like still one of the top-5 most watched programs so they probably won't ever cancel it =)

DooMer 4ever said:
Heh, this thread reminds me of all those comments written by "elder women": "that show should not be shown on tv, it's so bad and I don't like it" and "do not show so much sports on tv" etc.

The fact is that if enough people watches a show, it will stay. If no one doesn't it will be axed. I don't care what they will show on TV, because no one can make me watch all that crap. If someone likes a show, I have nothing against it (of course I don't tolerate anything rasist etc.)

Remember Sinfeld? They bowed out just before the show got bad. and as such, it left a good impression on its fans. In the same way, the Simpsons SHOULD have done the same, and if it keeps it up, it will leave a very bitter memory if the show has to be axed due to declining popularity. I what it to leave with a shred of dignity.

It’s ironic, in its golden years, it jokingly predicted it's own down fall: "who knows what adventures they'll have between now, and when the show becomes unprofitable." I really hope that it doesn’t come to that.

The Simpsons are old. If i see the episode about Marge's Chanel dress one more time i'm gonna break the TV over my head.

Family Guy is the newfound 'Canine's Testicles'...

"Look at me, Louis! The house is a puppet!"
"Shake me, damn you, shake me like an English nanny!"

etc.