Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
haruko haruhara

do you sometimes think that some wads are not being talked about anymore

well i have been looking though my wads just an theres some wads that i don.t think people are talking about any more or some don.t like them anymore like the that i have is oniria2.wad roch.wad  reelism.pk3     aeons of death.pk3                       new doom community project wads        nova 3.wad         kssht.wad   back to the saturm x.wad         an wads that were never  finish  an so many more that i can.t count  say what you have to say about this topic

There are thousands of wads not talked about any more. In the "Downloads" area there are some wads that have never even been downloaded, others that have been downloaded but never reviewed, and others only briefly reviewed in one or two words like "OK" or "Meh". Wads which have been "talked" about at any time outside a review are a minority, and ones that continue to be talked about long after their creation are a tiny minority of exceptional ones (either exceptionally good, or exceptionally bad like wow.wad).

If you want to hear a wad talked about, then you should start the talking here yourself, and then maybe others will join in.

But people talk about those mapsets, but more privately I guess. And Back to Saturn X is far from being unpopular or untalked. Let mappers finish 3rd episode and you'll see how people will talk about it. Same with nova 3. 

Just for perspective, even if you only count the stuff that you'd consider the top 10 in a given year, that's a total of 250 wads at this point. There's a lot to talk about, and not all of it will be on people's minds constantly.

Well, we still talk about Mordeth, and it's only been 22 years.

Does that count?

(Mordeth's old enough to legally drink. Sheesh.)