Saad356

GZDooM Huge problem

Capture.PNG.df270ce8bfeaa886cd75005c8ffa78f3.PNGHi people

I am running gzdoom 3.6.0 legacy

and everytime i open the game

everything works like a charm

but when i go to the second map or go to the exit

GZdoom crashes saying a very fatal error has occured

happens with every wad i play be it doom1 or doom2 or hell revealed or deus vult

help me

When in doubt, restart your computer.

If it still happens, try making a CLEAN GZDoom installation in a totally new folder (no INIs or anything) and see if it still happens there.

40 minutes ago, Dark Pulse said:

When in doubt, restart your computer.

If it still happens, try making a CLEAN GZDoom installation in a totally new folder (no INIs or anything) and see if it still happens there.

even tried reinstalling but still doesnt work

I've had similiar issues with GPUs that didn't support the OpenGL version that the source port needed. What card do you have? Maybe it doesn't support OpenGL 2 (although that would be surprising, honestly).

I suspect it's a graphics driver problem, there's already some refactoring in the GL renderer in the vintage build some older cards don't like. You could post a full crash report to confirm it. What's your graphics hardware?

5 hours ago, drfrag said:

I suspect it's a graphics driver problem, there's already some refactoring in the GL renderer in the vintage build some older cards don't like. You could post a full crash report to confirm it. What's your graphics hardware?

I have a inhtel hd 3000 with a core i5 2450m

That "card" supports OpenGL 3.1. Try with LZDoom (in this same subforum) and hope it won't crash.

5 hours ago, drfrag said:

That "card" supports OpenGL 3.1. Try with LZDoom (in this same subforum) and hope it won't crash.

link plz..

That's fine.

Looks like those crashes are due to some obscure driver bugs, with modern cards (and other old ones) it doesn't crash.

On 11/21/2018 at 5:59 AM, The-Heretic-Assassin said:

The programmers focus more on graphics than fixing these issues.

It's more like they don't want deal with very old graphics cards with out-dated driver that no hope to solve and moving forward.

The vintage build is the temporary solution but get a new latest hardware(even just low-end) would best solution...