Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sergeant_Mark_IV

Brutal Bolognese Gore Mod (the sucessor to Ketchup) version 2.0 released

Good stuff, this coupled with Smooth Doom offers a fun non-gameplay altering experience. Keep it up!

Edited by Bushpig2dope

Tested this on maps that ran at~2fps with ketchup on GZDOOM.  The fps is a huge improvement.  With the newest GZDOOM devbuild I'm getting no huge drops spamming BFGs into hordes of monsters.  Thank you for this now I have a gore mod I can use with everything :D

Edited by Chickensalad

Wasn't UniversalGibs the Ketchup successor? I guess alot of people are still using the original though... and UG still has stuttering problems with slaughtermaps for sure, so I'll certainly check it out.

EDIT: Sadly, it doesn't adapt blood colours for enemies with non-red blood it seems (as one can find in, say, Shades of Doom).

Edited by eharper256

Great work!

Works fine so far for me (ZDoom Classic).

ketchup was the only mod I allow with my Doom, since I strictly prefer Vanilla-style gameplay, and as it's not gameplay changing, I quite like it for a bit more hilarity and satisfactory combat results.

Gotta correct myself, in ZDoom Classic the Gib-effects do not work, and also there's no additional blood when hitting enemies with Plasma Weapons (BFG, Plasma Gun). In GZDoom in works fine, tho.

Guess I'll keep ketchup just for ZDoom then.

Still, good work!

thanks @Sergeant_Mark_IV your brutalities never disappoint  ;)

like @diceman i prefer classic gameplay with extra ketchup. have been using universal gibs so far and it runs well, with little slowdowns. have to see how good bolognese tastes.

edit: well, i played a bit of MM2 with the mod and the gore seems more 3d than the "flatter" UG blood. i had to set the gore level to 2, as 3 already blocked my view for a moment when i shot someone right in front of me.

Edited by Pirx

Nice to see Ketchup actually being replaced here finally. That and Droplets having a friendly rival as well.

Yes, I plan to make an update later today, featuring an add-on that gives blue/green color to cacos/barons, the issue with the blood blocking the player's view will be fixed too.

49 minutes ago, Sergeant_Mark_IV said:

Yes, I plan to make an update later today, featuring an add-on that gives blue/green color to cacos/barons, the issue with the blood blocking the player's view will be fixed too.

can you check your PM plz?

Hi, i'm new to the Doom scene, so i still don't know how to customize some things... I love this mod, it's beautiful, and it works perfectly with ZRift (this mod made by Pandut where you can fight Chasm enemies in Doom maps: https://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=60811 )

The thing is, since ZRift replaces every asset (monsters, decorations, itens, weapons, etc) with 3D models (md2 and some md3) i want to know if there is anything that i can change in Bolognese to make the code call for md2 gore models instead of pngs images, to make it fit better in ZRift. Some Quake mods have awesome custom gore models that i can save in md2 format to make it work with GZDoom engine. 

I'm not asking Sergeant_Mark_IV to  change anything in the mod, i'm just asking for directions of how i can replace pngs images to md2 models, just to play by myself :)

Thanks

First, you need Slade 3 to open and edit the mod. 
http://slade.mancubus.net/

Second, you will need to learn how to use MODELDEFs
https://zdoom.org/wiki/MODELDEF
Use MODELDEFs . There is already a MODELDEF file in this mod which is used to control the bloodspots, as they are 3D models. You can just copy and paste the definitions, and make them asign your 3D models to the gib pieces already coded into the mod (check the Meat.txt decorate file to know the actor names and their frames).

Version 2.0 is released.

- Greatly improved gibs, added more animations, improved blood mist effects.
- More garbage data deleted, filesize reduced from 1,1mb to 800kb.
- Added colored green and blue gibs (they require an addon to work).
- Fixed a bug that allowed Arch-Viles to resurrect exploded monsters, making them return as invisible creatures.
- Now the players will also explode with gibs.

Because to have Cacos and Bruisers that bleed blue/green blood you need to edit their DECORATE files (maybe Zscript can do that, but not in Zandronum obviously), and making it part of the base mod would ruin its compatibility with several mods.

So does this add-on exist somewhere or is this just a feature for modders if they want their mod to include the blue/green blood?  

Also Bolognese plus Beautiful Doom is my new favorite way to play vanilla. 

@Lampenpam it's included in the file. It's called bbgore_colored_blood_for_cacodemons_and_bruisers_vanilla.pk3

Anyway, if anybody has requests of addons to add colored blood for mods, feel free to post it here. Such addons takes seconds to make, and I plan to make an update next week.

@Sergeant_Mark_IV Good job on writing the code from scratch to remove the confusing(Spaghetti) code. Is it possible that u would do the same for BD in near future (although rewriting the entire mod would a significant effort)

15 hours ago, Sergeant_Mark_IV said:

if anybody has requests of addons to add colored blood for mods

Green blood for chex quest would be interesting in a surreal kind of way

Edited by EtherBot

15 hours ago, Sergeant_Mark_IV said:

@Lampenpam it's included in the file. It's called bbgore_colored_blood_for_cacodemons_and_bruisers_vanilla.pk3

Anyway, if anybody has requests of addons to add colored blood for mods, feel free to post it here. Such addons takes seconds to make, and I plan to make an update next week.

Well the first mods i tested this with were the alien mods (such as https://www.moddb.com/mods/aliens-the-ultimate-doom and https://www.moddb.com/mods/aliens-the-ultimate-doom/news/alien-trilogy-ud-beta-10 )

There is no red blood working, so maybe thats not the mods you are asking for. (fixable?) But i would use bolognese with it, if the gibs and bloodpools would be green.

56 minutes ago, eviltechno said:

Well the first mods i tested this with were the alien mods (such as https://www.moddb.com/mods/aliens-the-ultimate-doom and https://www.moddb.com/mods/aliens-the-ultimate-doom/news/alien-trilogy-ud-beta-10 )

There is no red blood working, so maybe thats not the mods you are asking for. (fixable?) But i would use bolognese with it, if the gibs and bloodpools would be green.

No, these mods are based on Ketchup, and the developer is still working on them. It would be more productive if he switched to Bolognese if he finds necessary.
I am asking about mods in the same line of SmoothDoom (has monsters with blue or green blood, but becomes red when loading with my mod)

11 hours ago, ReaperAA said:

@Sergeant_Mark_IV Good job on writing the code from scratch to remove the confusing(Spaghetti) code. Is it possible that u would do the same for BD in near future (although rewriting the entire mod would a significant effort)

I am putting back these remade gore scripts into BD. I am rewriting several lumps and simplifying several stuff, yes v21 will be way more clean than v20b, but not rewriting the ENTIRE mod.

Maybe you could look at the BloodColor property of a monster, if it has been set. Then again, maybe this is a bad idea for reasons unknown to me.

the only thing that occurs to me is that it replaces the original blood actors and that the blood color affects the actor

Wrong, the biggest issue is not the blood actors, but the gibs. To make it work with custom monsters and not modify anything, the script spawns gibs actors through ACS, and it's impossible to use the actor's blood color as a color translation for an ACS spawn script.