Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

Post Your Doom Picture (Part 2)

10 minutes ago, guitardz said:

I need to see this in game.  The whole map looks great in editor.

Ok, it's a very dark area. Had to clip up on a broken wall to get a better view of the pentagram. Edited the screen into my previous post. ;)

Another night of progress on Bloodloss MAP02.  I finally tackled some of the planks I wanted to put in the storage room, sloped 3d floors take it out of me, so I'll finish the other end of the room another night.

boards1.jpg

boards2.jpg

boards3.jpg

17 minutes ago, wolfmcbeard said:

That looks cool, what did you do?

I think it's the mip mapping options in GzDoom. I noticed this strange rendering before, but here it is really pronounced.

1 hour ago, DanielAlexander said:

My map for Eagle Mapping Project

damn this looks great. you've done a great job making the atmosphere look cold haha. looks truly awesome

photos of a wad of soldiers of the uac, that I just released!Screenshot_Doom_20181120_174234.png.451c5642b0fcfd5be1ff3ff1041f81aa.pngScreenshot_Doom_20181120_174311.png.e8220f06a5984bfa575d2d4e884551bb.pngScreenshot_Doom_20181120_174356.png.cb607806d2a287cfd9f3fb083640310b.pngScreenshot_Doom_20181120_174432.png.74e6cadc10ade56ea68c59bf54ae49cb.png

here the topic if you are interesed

Bloodloss Progress Report: DAY 7

Today I worked on MAPINFO and graphics and made a Titlemap.

titlemap.jpg

Screenshot_Doom_20181121_030850.png

I also made some exit text graphics for a few levels:

Screenshot_Doom_20181121_031024.png

That looks cool antares031. I was just wondering are slippery floors possible with a port? I remember having them in a Heretic level but that was using Legacy many years ago. I seem to recall Kaiser having a snowy map at one time that had slippery icy floors. By the way nice egg moon. ;)

12 minutes ago, Doom_Dude said:

That looks cool antares031. I was just wondering are slippery floors possible with a port? I remember having them in a Heretic level but that was using Legacy many years ago. I seem to recall Kaiser having a snowy map at one time that had slippery icy floors. By the way nice egg moon. ;)

Boom compatible levels, and most of advanced source ports, are capable of making slippery floors in Doom. In boom format, you can make an icy floor by setting the tag & friction to the sector, and use the linedef action 223 to apply the friction to the tagged sector. If the length of action linedef is higher than 100 units, it will make the tagged floor slippery. 

8 minutes ago, antares031 said:

Boom compatible levels, and most of advanced source ports, are capable of making slippery floors in Doom. In boom format, you can make an icy floor by setting the tag & friction to the sector, and use the linedef action 223 to apply the friction to the tagged sector. If the length of action linedef is higher than 100 units, it will make the tagged floor slippery. 

Nice. That's good to know.