Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mechadon

What are you listening to?

3 hours ago, FractalBeast said:

Wow, Zyklon-B, I haven't listened to them since I discovered brutal death/doom metal. Hahaha, nostalgia blast.

With brutal doom I have a very tough time to find anything good, primarily due to the vocal style some opt for, which is outright garbage compared to what you hear in more "cavernous" (Spectral Voice, Dead Congregation, Cruciamentum, etc) or old school styles.

6 minutes ago, Agent6 said:

With brutal doom I have a very tough time to find anything good, primarily due to the vocal style some opt for, which is outright garbage compared to what you hear in more "cavernous" (Spectral Voice, Dead Congregation, Cruciamentum, etc) or old school styles.

Just get yourself some doomy brutal death, deathgrind or NYDM. Avoid slam brutal death or tech brutal death like the plague. Oh nice, you have a drummer that can hit 200bpm without triggers. Great job. Too bad all your music sounds the same now because all your albums are 30 minutes of front-to-back blastbeats now.

@FractalBeast

And "pig squeals", one of the garbage vocal styles I was implying. Funny you posted Funebrarum since a guy from the band said he likes brutal death metal and Dead Congregation was counted among his examples, while bashing the garbage stuff I just mentioned. And for good reason.

Btw we were supposed to get a new Funebrarum album this year but considering it's Nov and we haven't heard a word in months it probably won't make it this year :( .

I've been listening to a lot of Black Sabbath recently. I picked up three Black Sabbath albums the other day on CD that I never owned. The remastered version of the Paranoid album has some interesting, expanded liner notes. The original version of War Pigs was called Warpurgis (The Witches' Sabbath) and had different lyrics with more of an occult thing going on. I had forgotten about this version being on the Ozzy 'compilation' album, The Ozzman Cometh (1997). Thankfully I have a copy of that album so I was listening to it just now and here is the song if anybody is interested.