Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Julian

ZDaemon 1.0 Released

The premiere internet Dooming port, NightFang's ZDoom-based deathmatch and co-op mod ZDaemon has finally hit the big v1.00. In what will surely be a boon for all you avid Doom DMers and co-oppers out there, this new version adds demo recording, universal player stats, silent BFG, player levels, experience points, and much more.

Based off of ZDoom 1.23 this port will allow you to hook up and play with other DOOM players the same way you do in any modern FPS. Create a ZDaemon account and keep track of your progress and watch as you slowly gain experience and levels the more you play. Up to sixteen players can join in a all out fragfest or four players working together to stay alive can revisit classic DOOM & DOOM II levels.

If that's whetted your appetite, here's the release for you:

ZDaemon 1.0 Win32 -- source code

ZDaemon 1.0 Linux -- source code

For more info or to chat about ZDaemon, you can visit the ZDaemon Open Forums, our own multiplayer forums here at Doomworld, or irc.openprojects.net #zdaemon.

BBG, not only does he help the masses by bothering news posters, but he also gets them klined, begs for ops, and acts like a dumbass in general. Congratulations BBG, you win teh prize!

Perhaps, wont let me connect to any games...pfft, now I gotta do it all over again, ack, there goes another precious 6 minutes of DOOM Anomaly's time, geeze dont be so greedy. ;)

..but perhaps next time DOOM Anomaly should read the fine print first...

deathz0r said:

bbg you fucking retard, that release is meant for #zdaemon only.

Yeah, that is why NightFang was so stoked that I got it on DW, you mong.

[20:39] <BigBadGangsta> NightFang
[20:39] <BigBadGangsta> Check DW
[20:39] <NightFang> k
[20:39] <ns-tai-rooke> scrag: what is the command line of your server?
[20:40] *** chrono[dfc] has joined #zdaemon
[20:40] <BigBadGangsta> So, with that, we may get a) more testers and b) more servers
[20:40] <BigBadGangsta> :)
[20:41] <ns-tai-rooke> Scrag: WHAT IS YOUR command line for your server?
[20:41] <badfish> is the current 1.0 that everyone has the final version of 1.0?
[20:41] <chrono[dfc]> so when will the final 1.0 be out?
[20:42] <NightFang> bbg: bad ass! thanks alot for plugging that
[20:42] <chrono[dfc]> the current 1.0 is waaaayyyyy buggy
[20:42] <BigBadGangsta> NightFang : I told you I could do it
[20:42] <NightFang> you da man

BBG, not only does he help the masses by bothering news posters, but he also gets them klined, begs for ops, and acts like a dumbass in general. Congratulations BBG, you win teh prize!

Quit crying, the K-Line lasts for up to a week, even you can live without IRC for a week. No, I don't "op beg" anymore. I don't care anymore. If I get opped, I get opped, if I don't, whatever. I act like a dumbass because I don't care what others think of me and frankly, I find their comebacks hilarious, so, they entertain me.

BigBadGangsta said:

I act like a dumbass because I don't care what others think of me and frankly, I find their comebacks hilarious, so, they entertain me.

Amen to that. :D

If you don't see me on #zdaemon, blame the k-line, not BigBadGangsta though, as I wasn't fooled into there or anything. I just found it to be funny, was curious, and joined #blah (expecting, naturally, to be k-lined for no more than a day)... Still banned since saturday. This reminds me I also need to buy new headphones to play any sort of DOOM properly...

oh yeah, here's a FAQ for all of you:

Q: Why doesn't the launcher work?
A: Because the Master server isn't up yet, moron.

EDIT: 1.0 has been released!

cannot open file: it does not appear to be a valid archive.

blah, blah, blah, yackitty, shmackitty.

okay, WTF. I tried to download it a couple of times already.

/me goes to to zdaemon forums to bitch and moan.

kristus said:

Wack wack wack, scrag, isn't it time you get your own avatar?

I would, but someone can't draw for shit.
No, not you.
Plus I haven't got enough posts to get my own avatar, or do I?

word of the release got on blues news too.

oh and BBG doesn't suck, as hes apparently a fan of rammstein.